[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys take your time composing your shot, thinking what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 101079913-tourists.jpg (2MB, 4256x2840px) Image search: [Google]
101079913-tourists.jpg
2MB, 4256x2840px
Do you guys take your time composing your shot, thinking what you want in the frame, what angle would be right etc or do you just shoot and hope for the best?
>>
depends on what I'm shooting for. snapshits I don't generally take time to prepare the shot, usually just basking in how I got a good picture out of a few taken when I go to edit pictures
>>
File: tracks.jpg (277KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
tracks.jpg
277KB, 1000x663px
>>3075211
I shoot manual everything on film. By the time I figure out the settings for the correct exposure there is no time to compose if I didn't miss the shot already. If I predict what I'm going to shoot and have the settings ready I try to get some nice composition. If it's something I can take my time with then I try getting a nice composition.

I usually just take photos while walking around the city. If I see something I want to take a picture of I look through the viewfinder and see if it's worth taking the picture. Sometimes things look good to my eyes but not in the viewfinder. Then when I get the final image it could be better or worse than what I thought.

If I was more selective I would probably have better photos but I just enjoy taking pictures. I often just take photos I know will be bad because I enjoy the experience of taking photos more than having nice photos.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelQSS-32_33
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:05:13 04:34:22
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height663
>>
>>3075211
Depends if I *have* time.
Sometimes, if I want to save time and don't know exactly what exposure I need, I'll just take several photos while stepping through different shutter speeds.
>>
>>3075211
i'm always composing. if it's a static scene, i take my time and work the shot. otherwise I end up with a snapshit and full of regret: ``what if I had taken more pictures differently''
>>
File: IMG_20160717_175434.jpg (112KB, 999x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_175434.jpg
112KB, 999x668px
I take my time, compose, and usually wait until any moving objects in the scene are in just the right place. Not uncommon for me to spend at least a few minutes waiting for everything to come together.

Image Created2016:07:17 17:54:35
>>
>>3075211
Whatever gets into my eye is the inspiration. But after that I need to figure out how I can make my camera see and convey that same inspiration with whatever lens or camera I have on me.
>>
No, I just crop it later
>>
>>3075402
Is this Japan?
>>
>>3075211
The goal should be to eventually be able to think about the picture quickly.
>>
File: IMG_2698.jpg (321KB, 750x1001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2698.jpg
321KB, 750x1001px
>>3075423

This is wrong, kids

Camera SoftwareImage Size
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width750
Image Height1001
>>
Depends.

If it's for work (photojournalist), I worry about getting the shot first. It's way worse to miss the shot trying to get the best composition and exposure, than it is to get the shot with poor composition and exposure.

So when I walk around, I try to always have my settings very close to what a proper exposure would be in whatever light I'm in. Having an EVF helps with that.

After I'm confident that I have my shot, then I can (barely) take more time to compose.

Or, if I know an event is going to be taking place at a specific time. I make sure to be there before it happens to get the best composition beforehand.
>>
>>3075559
Anybody else see the thumbnail and think
>dat portra
??
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.