[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lens repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1264.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1264.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
So I know nothing about cameras and lenses and went to go repair a lense that broke for my sister; she put the strap on wrong so it fell off when I put it on my neck and landed on the lense on the fall. The rotating thing on the front fell off, but I remember attaching it to the camera when it was broken and the lense mechanisms still rotated when trying to focus on an image - just the front part was off.

Anyways so I took it to a repair store so they could glue the top part back onto the bottom, and when I came to pick it up they told me the electronics were fried.

Did they fuck something up? I remember the electronics were working fine when I brought it there. I'm fucking confused on how this could have happened.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3074957
It means they don't want to fix it. Fix it yourself, get it fixed somewhere else, buy a new one, or forget about it.

Learn to read and learn to think for yourself.
>>
>>3074968
Nah I will never forget about it.

You see, if someone fucks me over I have a need to destroy their lives, in case their business.

I asked a different photography forum and they told me they most likely fucked it up by applying heat to seal the parts together and fried a chip.

I've already set up a plan to destroy their business, I also read the sticky and should have posted this on a gear thread.

Thanks for your input.
>>
>>3074957
what kind of lens was it?

if it was the lens in the picture you posted, I would've just bought a new one then and there desu
>>
>>3074984
>I've already set up a plan to destroy their business
leaving a bad web review is hardly a master plan
>>
Just checking it out
>>
>>3074957
>lens has dropped
>something came out

Just throw it away. The 50mm isn't even expensive.
>>
>>3075314
I'll throw you away in a minute.
>>
>>3074957
Just tell your sister to use manual focus like all the cool kids are doing
>>
>>3074957
>fixing a $90 lens
is this nigga serious?
>>
Just throw the lens in your retarded sisters face
>>
>>3074957
If it is the 50mm 1.8, then the repair will be more expensive than buying a new one.
Just fucking buy a new one.
>>
>>3076071
I fixed a 13$ lens, still use it to this day
>>
>>3074984
And just how do you plan on that tough guy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.