[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is most accurate to real life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1197.jpg (293KB, 1628x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1197.jpg
293KB, 1628x532px
Which one is most accurate to real life?
>>
>>3072436
The one on the right.
>>
that chart is bullocks, where's the 135mm?
>>
>>3072436
None. Those are made with different distance from camera to face and the distance can be basically any including the last (imaging that you are a chick and you are kissing him).
>>
If this is on a crop sensor, I guess 35mm. You would need to see the guy in person for a true verdict though.
>>
>>3072513
nah, just take a picture of him
>>
>>3072436
left is most accurate to his real life, because nobody would want to become close enough to that cunt for perspective to become the right side.
>>
>>3072492
I think they used different distances because the longer the lens, the more distance you need to acquire focus unless it's a macro lens or has movements. That, and using the nearest focus distance for a given lens helps give any idea of how each focal length treats the subject realistically. For these to have consistent subject distances you would have to use the subject distance of the 85mm and people don't usually take portraits with a subject so far away.
>>
Between 35-50 on full frame but most of the time it's person to person
>>
>>3072436
50mm@FullFrame
>>
>>3072436
8mm
>>
>>3072436
what is real life?
even your eyeballs are relative.
you need a 3d laser scan to get the perfect representation.
>>
>>3072436

8mm
>>
35mm and above are fine.
>>
did you really need to include the last two? is that how you see things?
>>
>>3072520
what are you smoking dude. Its just them moving closer to keep the same framing.
>>
>>3072436
8mm. Don't try to hide your kike nose with "muh telecompression"
>>
>not including 50mm

No.
>>
Stand in front of a mirror and close one eye and move closer to the mirror until your nose is almost touching. See what happens?
>>
I can't decide if 40 on ff or 55-60 on 645 is more like real life
>>
https://vimeo.com/152514220
>>
>>3075695
>only look good from afar
>>
>>3072436
Wierd, I went to school with that guy in OP's pic.

He was a total special snowflake.
>>
File: photo lens headshot guide.jpg (607KB, 1354x1508px) Image search: [Google]
photo lens headshot guide.jpg
607KB, 1354x1508px
Sorry for the goofy smile

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
PhotographerAnna Wu Photography
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width900
Image Height600
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2011:08:30 22:14:17
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.56 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length16.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1354
Image Height1508
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Unless you're fucking Beaker from the Muppets - 85mm. Hence why its commonly regarded as a portrait prime.
>>
>>3072436
They are all accurate, just at different distances.

People look uglier the closer they are.
>>
>>3072436
>>3077883

Maybe it's because I'm a filmmakerfag but I've always liked the look of faces more in the 40-60 range
>>
200mm
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.