[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? [EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

What went wrong?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M5
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
PhotographerPicasa
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2927
Image Height2549
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2014:10:27 11:26:24
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/14.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length45.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2927
Image Height2549
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID36f33f49d85f3ebc10ce3d1d309839a3
>>
It was always a gimmick, one with limited applications.
>>
no one understood it.
>>
Looks like an ergonomic cluster fuck.
>>
>>3071843
this
>>
They didn't trade some (lol, lots) quality for maybe a very small window of focus shifting
>>
>>3071843
>no one needed it.
>>
The marketed as the camera that would do all the work for you. For the people that can't figure out manual mode on the camera, this is their answer. End result, almost everyone using this camera are either stupid or complete newbs and will take garbage tier photos across the board. Every sample photo from this thing must be shit, as it's only selling point is not having to figure out the exposure triangle when taking a picture.
>>
>>3071839
Was released too early before the VR gimmick.
They marketed as a camera that can change the focus in post production. Nobody cares about such a thing.

They should re-release with full compatibility with HTC give or Oculus Rift and gear it towards VR applications.
>>
>>3071839
Does what an iPhone does but shittier and more expensive.
>>
>>3071839
They made a video camera with the same light-field technology instead. They are directly competing RED boxes.
>>
>>3071839
4 megapickles.
Give this thing anything over 12 and it would have done much better.

Other than that it's the ultimate "I'll fix it in post" camera for lazy people.
>>
File: fc.jpg (167KB, 1600x840px) Image search: [Google]
fc.jpg
167KB, 1600x840px
New challenger appears

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72
Vertical Resolution72
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1600
Image Height840
>>
>>3071839
If I started making a baseball cap, only in plain black, and the only size was Small, with a brim you could extend up to a foot, or collapse back into the cap entirely, and charged $400 for it, would you really need to ask what went wrong?
>>
>>3072195
>>3072416
>>3072456
Other than the above, do we have any other volunteers to show everyone that you both have no clue what you're talking about and are beyond happy to show everyone that?
>>
>>3072499
I know how to use a camera in manual mode, why would I need to demonstrate that?
This gimmick is just photography with training wheels, or for the mentally disabled that is incapable of balancing three simple variables on the fly.

Does this camera allow you to focus after you take a picture? I know of a few people that could use that. However, they're also the types that will try to freehand a camera at 1/15th speed, I doubt this camera can fix that level of stupidity.
>>
>>3071839
Tiny sensor
<4MP of actual image quality
>>
>>3071839
My biggest hurdle to overcome is the special software you have to use. If it could output in some kind of standardized layered format, I'd own one already.

I also use Linux and shoot film, so I can't claim to speak for everyone.
>>
File: CgcdQoPUkAAcOxI.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CgcdQoPUkAAcOxI.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
>>3072421
>755 RAW megapixel 40K resolution, 300 FPS

If they can actually sell it to movie studios, they will put RED in a bad place. With that being said, 400GB of data PER SECOND is pretty insane, and I think storage solutions will need to catch up to the device to make it feasible.
>>
>>3072829
You can't freehand 1/15th? I'm sorry for you, anon.
>>
>>3071839
Nothing.

It was never meant for the masses.
Just a proof of concept.

The value of the company is all in patents.
If, say, Sony decided to use their patents 15 years from now they could make a killing.
>>
>>3072925
I don't think it will compete with traditional movie cameras any time soon.

But I think it can be used for special effects.

It essentially records a 3D scene, so it should be possible to add CGI that responds to the depth information.
Maybe something like CGI clothing added to the actors that responds like real fabric.
>>
>>3071839
>ridiculously high price at launch
>features normies didn't care about or understand
>features people who know what they're doing don't need

I won't deny that the technology has a lot of applications if it improves, though. It would be like shooting with a Leica, but even faster. Focusing is completely removed, you just compose and expose.

We'll see this decently implemented into normie products in a few years, a decade tops.
>>
>>3072930
>Freehands 1/15th
You must never use anything higher than 50mm, good luck with your ventures
>>
>>3072943
Not him.

But I used to freehand my 300mm f/2.8 at around that sometimes until the OS broke.

Do I get a cookie?

focal length rule doesn't know shit about inertia.
>>
>>3072948
inertia only implies it's moving or in a steady state. The simple act of pushing the shutter release is enough to shake my camera, however, if you have any pointers on how you do it, I'm open to suggestions. I'm not some super human freak that can steady a 70-200 f/2.8 lens on a full frame for long enough to substantially break the focal length rule. However I will occasionally cheat it by using continuous shots.
>>
>>3072930
>>3072948
>claiming to be "good with handheld low shutter speed" when the camera stabilization does all the work
digiplebs are really something else.
>>
>>3072960
>The simple act of pushing the shutter release is enough to shake my camera

Point is it has so much mass it stays in one place.
They never take weight into account but heavy lenses are a lot more stable than light ones.

Also like >>3072998 pointed out: it's mostly the stabilization....which broke, so I can't do it anymore.
>>
>>3072935
It'' be more important than that. It can do sythetic apertures, change the shutter speed after shooting, depth masks instead of green screens, etc. Don't underestimate the budgets of big movie studios that would be willing to shell out millions to use a camera like this for a big shoot
>>
>>3073003

Yeah, when we discover unobtainium /p/hrend
>>
>>3073018
Huh? It literally does that. I was at NAB last year when they announced it. It does everything that I just said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ARCkLjoRY
>>
File: ROfESec.jpg (190KB, 1967x1257px) Image search: [Google]
ROfESec.jpg
190KB, 1967x1257px
>>3073022
the out of focus areas look like shit though. and their 40K stuff looks like soft 4K at the most. Their previous lightfield cams had insanely inflated relative MP.
>>
>>3073023
You're watching compressed video at a super low resolution, why would you expect to see the best quality video footage from youtube? The fact is that the camera uses wide color gamut, and has a similar dynamic range as the RED cameras. as for the bokeh, that's personal preference, and I'm sure they can use synthetic aperture shapes to make it look more like a standard camera
>>
>>3073028

If it does get implemented they'll just lower the quality of the whole damn film to match it.

You know

Like they did with digital
>>
>>3073028
Zero footage = vaporware. They can claim 6 gorillion MP for all I care but they still don't have any proof to back it up,
>>
>>3073003
I can see studios using this camera as an excuse to sell the same movie twice but with different scenes
>>
>>3074438
It's also a way to get 3d footage from a single camera, and possibly some form of vr viewing with their VR camera
>>
It was always a cynical entrepreneurial scam. An obvious one at that.

Unlike most scams, a product was produced. Like most scams, the rediculous promised results were not.
>>
>>3077185
Oh, hey, the Leica faggot arrived who had to fake his own death to be somewhat relevant on an anonymous discussion board!
How are you, Leica faggot?
>>
>>3077228
>t. still salty
>>
>>3077228
You taste nice sprinkled on pretzels.

And Lytro is still a scam
>>
>>3077248
At least they didn't have to fake their own death. That makes Lytro better than you are.
>>
>>3077228
Beej is dead, his slavic mail-order bride posts here now and then with his trip.
>>
>>3072925
400gb per second holy shit.

24TB for a minute. What the fuck.

Good luck rendering that, you're gonna need 1 billion PS3s
>>
>>3077275
Я cкaзaл вaм нe пoвтopять этo зaявлeниe oнлaйн. Tы cлeдyющий.

>>3077267
BJ fake death was plan of /p/ forum tripcode members. I have nothing to make of it.
>>
>>3071839
Shit software
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.