[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ZENIT E

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 4346523219_4633ae69d9.jpg (70KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
4346523219_4633ae69d9.jpg
70KB, 500x332px
I am new to photography and i have a old zenit e. Seems like everything is working except it wont do the click sound when photographing and nothing changes - shutter speed dial dont move. Maybe someone knows solution to that?
>>
If it doesn't click then the shutter is busted. Throw away and buy another camera. If you want to repair the Zenit, it will cost more than the camera itself
>>
>>3068713
Put it in the bin.

Zenits are a dime a dozen (literally in russia), you can get a much higher quality, more reliable m42 film body for $15.

Cameras are pretty much non repairable, unless you're looking to spend hundreds.
>>
>>3068713
Don't listen to these faggots. Maybe it's just some dust or old lubricant that's preventing shutter from functioning properly. Maybe something is just stuck and needs somebody to push it a little. If you have time, tools and some basic repair skills you can try to fix it and if you fail then who cares it's just zenit anyway. Also keep the lens you can use it on other bodies with proper adapter.
>>
>>3068713
Try to move the shutter, carefully. Maybe it's just stale lubricant. If not, take the lens, throw away body and buy a Praktica for 10-20 bucks. Prakticas were the cameras zenits wanted to be.
>>
>>3068713
This is a common issue with SLRs which have been sitting on the shelf for a while, and while there are many things which could be wrong most of them are an easy fix. Is the mirror locked up? If so there'll be a small catch on the insine somewhere you can prise to let it down. If not, try firmly but carefully forcing the film advance lever. If it flicks back, keep going until you hit the wall.
>>
File: DSCF0504.jpg (2MB, 2448x1632px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0504.jpg
2MB, 2448x1632px
>>3068713
The only good thing in your picture is the Helios 44M lens. But i would prefer the 44M-2 or 44M-4.

Really classy pieces of ukrainian glass (they come actually from the Ukraine, not Russia).

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)87 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:05:04 21:55:08
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-3.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length58.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2448
Image Height1632
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceCustom
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeOff
Focus ModeManual
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeManual Exposure
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusBlur Warning
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
>>3069706
>Really classy pieces of ukrainian glass (they come actually from the Ukraine, not Russia).
most soviet glass was made in few diffirent factories. easy way to check which one it is from is just checking the logo on your lens, as each factory had diffirent one. cba to look for my helios now but on my mir it's near the mount, on front cover and on the bottom of a plastic box it came in (which also works as mount cover which is pretty neat imo)
>>
>>3069706
>ukrainian glass (they come actually from the Ukraine, not Russia)
Christ, mate, why not read an article on the subject before posting that. I recommend this one: http://radojuva.com/2015/04/gelios-44-helios/
>>
>>3068741
Do t listen to this faggot. Zenit was a mistake. It is a miserable unreliable camera that has more problems, than necessary. Run away while you can. Its not like it's the only m42 camera out there. I found a revueflex from the 70s on a flea market for 5 bucks. It worked like a charm.
>>
>>3068713
Get a zorki instead.

They're slightly more comfortable to use, and a little more reliable.
>>
>>3069969
Can confirm, have had a Zorki 4K for three months and have only had it break on me twice.
>>
>>3069969
Zorkis have the exact same shitty cloth shutter.
>>
>>3069706
With would you prefer the 44M-2 instead of the 44M ?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.