[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me how the fuck Architectural Photographers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Can someone tell me how the fuck Architectural Photographers get such clean, crisp natural looking images?

Is medium format the answer?????

Who are the best architectural photographers right now??

>inb4 Mike Kelley

lolno
>>
File: hofer.jpg (1023KB, 1000x1076px)
hofer.jpg
1023KB, 1000x1076px
The best is Candida Hofer, but don't tell anyone that she's a genre photographer. She's a capital-A Artist.

Anyway, the way that architectural photographers get such clean, crisp images is because, typically, they're shooting clean crisp subjects. Also, it doesn't hurt to use a tripod and f/8.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePhase One
Camera ModelIQ3 100MP
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
PhotographerCandida Höfer
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1920
Image Height2066
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:11:11 10:34:08
Image Created2016:07:31 13:08:24
Exposure Time10.0 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating50
Light SourceUnknown
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1920
Image Height2066
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>3068463
lots of p&p. Like all those cosmetics bottles you see in ads in women's magazines they are 50% illustration
>>
>>3068467

>shoots on a Phase One

Yeah, I'm sure it's the tripod. Retard.
>>
File: 2.jpg (548KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
548KB, 750x400px
Same rules as landscape, except it's a landscape made up of of structures or interiors. Probably an easy way to approach it.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T2i
Camera SoftwarePixelmator 3.3.1
PhotographerMatthew Petroff
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:03:07 21:03:20
Exposure Time1 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length8.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width750
Image Height400
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto Bracket
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3068467
>phase one, the endgame digital of medium format
>still blows highlights

digital was a mistake.
>>
>>3068473
A Phase One will take a shit fucking picture at 10 second shutter speed handheld you troglodyte. Go back to the gear thread you consumer whore.
>>
>>3068473
Phase one is needed because it's actually going to massive size print. Otherwise any of the higher end current cameras 25-30MP and up can take a fine crisp image of structural interiors with plenty of clean detail. You don't need a 100MP camera to do it, but higher helps if it may ever need to print or display on a larger than usual screen or medium.
>>
>>3068473

She actually shoots large format film for most of her body of work.

You can also make miniature format look great if you take your time, use a tripod, low iso and a long exposure. I'm not really sure why you even replied in this thread. Neck yourself my dude.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (74KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
74KB, 313x470px
Good architectural photographers pay LOTS of attention to light and plan shoots around the best possible time to shoot a particular building or room.

My favorite local architecture photographer is Ema Peter. She uses a 5D Mk???? and Canon T/S lenses.

Camera SoftwarePicasa
PhotographerJoshua Peter Esterhuizen
>>
>>3068476
>>3068484

Nice samefag fuccboi.

>hurrdurr muh 10 second exposure

Weak strawman faggot
>>
>>3068500

okay
>>
>>3068482
I can't think of one instance when a firm would need to make a big print of a photograph of their building. Any marketing / advertising is done prior to a building being built and involves renders, not photographs (since the building isn't built yet).
>>
>>3068463
no you can do that with any sensor size, just need decent lighting or learn to set up lighting yourself.
>>
>>3068463
They take control of everything, from the arrangement of furniture in the room, to the way it's lit, to all the exact camera settings and all of the post processing.
>>
>>3068513
An opera house advertising their performance space in the usually large lobby with upcoming performances using pictures of past performances.

A museum advertising a new rare exhibition or art piece that will arrive or has arrived.

A dinosaur museum that makes a hugeass poster of a dinosaur to hang up in many places.

There are a lot of instances where it is needed. You should probably go out more.
>>
A lot of architectural shots are really good renderings and not actual photos so maybe that answers some of your question.
>>
I guess since I never actually tried it I shouldn't be so confident but it doesn't seem hard to me

You just need a low distortion ultra wide lens (or apply lens correction in post).
A tripod.
And position the camera straight so all lines are parallel.
Take a good exposure or take several and merge them into one image.
Do some light editing.
Done.

I don't see what could be hard. You can take your time since your subject is static. You can even use additional artificial lighting.
>>
>>3068463
There's nothing special about that shot at all?
>>
>>3068475
>implying it isnt intentional pp
>>
>>3068475
It's funny how resolution aside an image from a $50000 digital camera doesn't look much different from a $100 one.
>>
>>3068474
Blowing highlights is subjective. The camera absolutely had the range for that composition, must have been a conscious decision.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.