[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vintage 80s Camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170502_221632_141.jpg (904KB, 1715x1715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170502_221632_141.jpg
904KB, 1715x1715px
Today I found this 1983 35mm film Nikon AF L35 camera.

Its very dusty but it seems to still work.

1) Is this an ok camera to start trying out photography with? Is the fact its a film camera bad for a newbie like me?

2) How should I care/maintenance an old camera like this? Do I need to take special precuations?

3) How do I clean it without damaging the lens?

Thanks for reading.
>>
I think the best thing for you to do is go to the most nearby store and just have it checked and ask for instructions there. Then you will be absolutely sure it works and instructions will be more clear.
>>
the camera you use to take the photo of this camera will be better than some old film point and shoot.
>>
>>3068338
I only have a smartphone (Galaxy S5) which I use to take pictures. Is that really objectively superior to this film camera?
>>
OMG soooooo vintage

All jokes aside, I wouldn't use that as a beginner. It's a film point and shoot. You could do the same shit and more with a regular digital point and shoot, except now youre pumping money into it by buying film and getting it developed. You want to get a camera with full manual settings if you actually want to learn the ins and outs of photography. In terms of the film aspect of things, I started on a film SLR and learned pretty quick because having a limited number of shots and finding out theyre all shit when you get them back makes you realize you can't fuck around. You also have to learn the manual controls.

Otherwise, Google the other shit. We're too busy cumming on anime figures.
>>
>>3068340

For learning? Yes. I bet your s5 even has manual controls.
>>
>>3068330
Does it take pictures? Then it's an ok camera.

Some will argue for digital because you get immediate results, some will argue for film since you need to think more about your photo since you have limited shots. Some will argue for an SLR because of the control you'll have over the exposure. Some may say the limitations of a p&s lets you focus more on what controls you do have at your disposal.
>>
Here are the instructions for it http://www.cameramanuals.org/nikon_pdf/nikon_l35af.pdf
>>
I have a slightly more recent version of that camera and it is extremely limited in its controls. For a beginner I would reccomend something that has full manual controls and the option to change focal length. That camera is good for when you are taking fun shots like at the beach, hiking, etc. For beginner I would reccomend a cheap outdated dslr. If you spend money on anything make it lenses.
>>
>>3068330
>1) Is this an ok camera to start trying out photography with? Is the fact its a film camera bad for a newbie like me?
It's fine. There are better cameras to learn on like the Pentax K1000, Zorki 1 or a Canon 30D if you want digital. Otherwise just use your phone.

>2) How should I care/maintenance an old camera like this? Do I need to take special precuations?
Treat it like literally anything else, you don't have to baby it, but don't be a retard.

>3) How do I clean it without damaging the lens?
Wipe off the dust with a cloth.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.