[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spc. Hilda Clayton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: photoMortar1.jpg (78KB, 1321x840px) Image search: [Google]
photoMortar1.jpg
78KB, 1321x840px
Well, was it worth the shot, /p/?
>>
>>3068220
fucking kiddos using film burn effects on everything.
>>
>>3068220
Yeah it was worth it unfortunately she had to lose her life to actually show the risk that current war photographers/videographers put themselves into to get the imagery that people share all over the world. Her OIC (officer in charge) fought for two years to get these images released.
>>
>>3068261
>current war photographers/videographers
Fuck off. She was a propagandist. She wasn't some civvy embedded with a unit that got fucked, she was a soldier.
>>
>>3068271
Yeah, that's their fkin job and they do a much better job than shitty civilians trying to be embedded. Most civilian content is trash anyways.

>propagandist
You're thinking of IO (information operations), you fucking dullard
>>
>>3068272
>You're thinking of IO (information operations), you fucking dullard
Nope. I'm thinking of people in the exact same MOS as she. I'm curious, have you ever gone through the military editing process? I was a 37F and worked extensively with the various 25 series. Very little of what you see out of them is even close to being representative of the truth.
>>
>>3068274
I do this for a living in the Marines, so yes, indeed, I'm quite aware of the field. You were probably shit and got tasked with covering ceremonies
>>
>>3068275
>quite aware of the field
Obviously not because you're pretending that there's even the pretension of their work not serving the mission and only the mission.

>covering ceremonies
37F, covering ceremonies, gotcha.
>>
>>3068278
Really don't give a shit about the Army, esp. since their comcam and PA are in complete disarray. Plus, since you're Psyops, then you should stop being disingenuous with the PA side. Stay mad, chuck boy, that you don't know much about COMCAM/PA
>>
>>3068278
Plus you should be tracking that MISO activities take place overseas where the product can't reach back to the United States and they VI works in conjunction IO/PSYOPS.
>>
>>3068282
I will accept that I've not been in in a while and things have changed, but I'm most definitely not being disingenuous.
>>3068287
Who exactly do you think gets seconded to PA stuff when there's a need? It's all the same process, just with different spins. The training and processes beyond the SOF crap we did that PA doesn't do is identical. It's like how there's only a gnat's nuthair worth of difference between Civil Affairs and PSYOP (the AITs are conducted together and only split for the last half of the classroom work and final FTX).

Irrespective of all of that, I think you're taking the wrong point from my initial post. It wasn't that she's lesser for being military. It's that it's entirely fucked to compare civilians who, at least when with American forces, are coddled to hell and back, to an actual military serviceman. I do still stand by the point that any and all media produced by the military is nothing but propaganda (which would be stupid if it weren't) and I will gladly admit that the military throws different names on differently targeted activities to skirt around that whole "it's illegal to propagandize Americans", so I can't help but think if you honestly believe you and those in similar roles to you are serving anything but the mission, then you're hopelessly naive.
>>
>>3068289
>>3068287
>>3068282
>>3068278
>>3068275
>>3068274

Will you two faggots just fuck already?
>>
File: photoMortar2.jpg (43KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
photoMortar2.jpg
43KB, 900x601px
How fast do you think she was shooting to be able to snag the first pic and then this? Must've just impulsively held down the shutter button, yeah?
>>
>>3068220
Can't believe they cropped the SONY gloves in the bottom left corner in this version, best part of the shot tbqhfam
>>
>>3068337
That's the version that the Afghan soldier shot, retard. Those are Hilda's hands.
>>
>>3068300
>out of focus
>too flat
>blue tone look terrible
>crushed the whites

a shit photo is a shit photo.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 900x598px
>>3068355
Naw bro check out those gloves bro
>>
>>3068370
>camera strap is a glove
>>
>>3068371
I've never held a camera before I just come here to post sony
>>
>>3068383
me too buddy, i just come here to post things like these
>>
>your final photo is a snapshit
What a way to go.
>>
File: IMG_0214.jpg (202KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
202KB, 1000x667px
What a fuckin retard. Should have been shooting with a 200mm or 300mm lens. Going full consumerist whore wide angle close up was asking for it. Instant karma for an army instagram whore.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D800
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4 (Macintosh)
PhotographerJASON LANIER PHOTOGRAPHY
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern902
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)16 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Created2013:09:22 00:21:36
Exposure Time1/1250 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length16.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3068300
>>3068220
Holy shit! What's the story? Looks fucking vicious, I hope they survived.
>>
>>3068809
>“If your photographs aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough”
– Robert Capa
>>
>>3068809

They dead my man.
>>
>>3068275

Why are all fucking marines just like you? All ego, no brains.
>>
>>3068835
"click"
-landmine
>>
>>3069618
lol'd
>>
>>3068220
>>3068300
Both of these are timeless already, just the movement and colours and positions speak so many good things. It's good that they are clear and therefore very moving.
>>
Do we know which camera she used? Rip also
>>
fuck american military and fuck frumpf.
>>
>>3070805
>>
>>3068370
>>3068220
This picture was taken by the AFGHAN photographer, who was also taking pictures there.
>>
>>3069508
If you need a Marine to explain this to you, then you're just as retarded as they are.
>>
>>3070872
>but no one even cared

such is the life in the middle east
>>
>>3070805
triggered snowflake alert
>>
>>3068220
Photo? Still a damn screengrab...
>>
>>3068275
You're not even aware that you're a propagandaist.

How fucking sad.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.