[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to do my first photoshooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Alright /p/, here's the problem. I was tired of taking portraits of my friends, and my family. I went on the craiglist equivalent we've got here, and emailed girls that wanted a book.

Some responded, and asked about what outfit and makeup they should wear, and that's the problem. I have no freakin idea.
I'll tell them to wear dark clothes (they're mostly white/asian), in order to bring them out. Am I right ?

I'm not a shy, introvert, antisocial person, and I'm comfortable with the idea of meeting someone. But I'm also a bit nervous about it. For example, what directions should I say about the pose ?
For all my portraits, I was focusing on the framing, therefore I let my subject do whatever he wants in front of my camera. It's ok with friends I guess, but here I'll have to step my game up.

Do I talk with them ? Tell them jokes ? Asking about what kind of photos they want ?

I read about fashion photographers like Avedon, Herb Ritts, Erwin Blumenfeld, etc. So I've bit a knowledge about fashion photography.

Technically, I have a 50mm f1.4 equiv and a couple of short manual tele lenses (smc pentax). I'm only working with natural light, I don't use flashlights, but I do have a reflector. I've never had a chance to use it because none of my friend could be an assistant (talkative they'd disturb the shooting).

Based on the photos they put on their profile, it won't be those skinny models type. Not chubby though. Just in between.
What kind of framing or pose should I do in order to showcase them ? Y'all know of those girls are sensitive about their look.

Thank you /p/.
>>
>>3068023
I really can't add much cause I've never shot models, but I would say give it a shot, be genuine, directive and try a few times.
It probably wont be what you want the first couple of time but keep going at it
>>
>>3068025

I will anon. However, I don't want to waste her time by delivering shitty pics or not being able to direct correctly.
It's more like, I don't want to sound like a guy who has no idea what is doing.
>>
>>3068030
so know what you're doing, take a look at 7 or 8 pictures you like, figure out the lighting, and get those shots. save them to your phone to show her what you're going for, and do that for the first 1/3rd or half of the shoot so you know you have some solid shots, then try do whatever she wants and whatever you think might be cool, it will be a lot easier to wing stuff half way through once everyone is a bit more comfortable. Also, being a "natural light photographer" is going to severely limit you, so stop that ASAP
>>
>>3068137
>Also, being a "natural light photographer" is going to severely limit you, so stop that ASAP
And it reads to most as I'm too poor to afford lights and/or to dumb to use lights"
>>
File: 1400447118283.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1400447118283.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>3068137
>Also, being a "natural light photographer" is going to severely limit you, so stop that ASAP

>using flash makes me look professional

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationUnknown
Horizontal Resolution0 dpi
Vertical Resolution0 dpi
Image Created2010:10:16 20:45:06
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width413
Image Height395
>>
>>3068023
>i only work with natural light

holy shit this meme is the dumbest fucking thing ever.

You're basically saying I deliberately make my photos worse to fit into some dumb pseudo niche that entirely consists of limiting the kind of photo you can take which is fucking asinine when the entire purpose of photography is getting the shot, not getting hung up on "hurr durr flashes aren't natural enough".

light is fucking light, fucks sake.

its like marathon runner saying they don't wear shoes or some shit because its not natural.
enjoy youre fucked up feet retard
>>
>>3068023
I'm a makeup artist; if you don't have an idea of what kind of "style" a shoot you're going to be doing ask them to either do a natural everyday makeup or ask them to bring out their favorite feature of their face- ie darker eye shadow for eyes, bright blush/highlight/contour for cheeks, or a bright lipstick for lips.

You definitely want to give some direction to get things going and it's also important to compliment your model throughout the shoot because it makes them feel more confident.
>>
>>3068151
understanding and manipulating light, the very thing that photographs document makes me look professional. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
>>
>>3068151

photography is 90% about manipulating light
>>
>>3068502
forgot my trip
>>
>>3068438
Want to get popular on youtube?

Start a series on youtube that teaches us retarded photographers MUA's jargon. We don't need to know how to do shit, just how to refer to looks and the like.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.