[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

went to rome a week ago, shot this and was happy with myself.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: stpeter.jpg (111KB, 1080x609px) Image search: [Google]
stpeter.jpg
111KB, 1080x609px
went to rome a week ago, shot this and was happy with myself. how do I improve?
>>
Take more shots of that same quality, basically. Given the nature of photography and cameras, any random schlub can get lucky and get one great photo like that in the right circumstances. Your circumstances were that you were in one of the most beautiful buildings in the world and you didn't fuck up the exposure. The only way to show yourself that this was talent and not random luck is to go get like ten more photos of this same quality.
>>
Hey I went to Rome too
>>
>>3066752
Yeah but your photo sucks.
>>
>>3066750
harsh but true. people could probably do this with their iphone.
>>
the people are distracting and irrelevant to the focus of the image.
One way the picture could be improved would be with a long exposure which would make the crowd a big blur. Or simply crop the people out
>>
the people and the image quality ruins it, but the scene itself and the way you framed it are both excellent. you could do better easily by taking the same picture as a long exposure, and then processing it to your liking
>>
>>3068535
>>3068524

The people give the scene a sense of scale and magnitude, you nitwits.
>>
>>3068536

fool

you've just got a mass of people at the very bottom of the image that are all doing their own thing. some of them are taking pics themselves, some are standing around aimlessly, and all it does is distract. maybe if he focused in on one person or a group of people that were posed, it could be great. right now the people don't do anything but ruin the photo. the light coming down from the ceiling and the size of the place already gives it more than enough scale and grandeur, the people just remind you that theres hundreds of other people all trying to take bad photos of something beautiful
>>
File: 15875458632_e8cfd674eb_k.jpg (752KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
15875458632_e8cfd674eb_k.jpg
752KB, 2048x1365px
hey i went to rome too am i a photographer now
>>
File: 15875460052_21ec91e49e_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
15875460052_21ec91e49e_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
>>3068541
crit plz need validation thx
>>
>>3068524
>>3068535
>>3068538

>why didn't you have St. Peter's Basilica all for yourself OP????
>>
File: 15688607578_2e7667a2fe_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
15688607578_2e7667a2fe_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
>>3068543
seriously though, the vatican is a fucking goldmine. It's just so crowded that it's almost not worth it
>>
>>3068541

this is actually worse than the op pic, but for the same reasons

>>3068543

meh

>>3068544

no wonder this board is so shit, nobody understands basic shit. he doesn't need the whole building to himself, he just needs a tripod and a long exposure
>>
>>3068548

I'll bet you a new camera body that you aren't allowed to just set up a tripod in St. Peter's my man. Travel more and stop looking down your nose when you are 100% purebred pleb.
>>
>>3068553

lol you might be right in that you need a permit to set up a tripod, but the people in his photo still completely ruin it. if his aim is to take a great photo and he can't do it for whatever reason, then why bother?

>I'll bet you a new camera body

buy me a gfx and i'll set up tripods all day, fuck the consequences

>Travel more and stop looking down your nose when you are 100% purebred pleb.

lol looking my nose down on someone? sounds more like your thing, especially since you're retarded enough to think that traveling to tourist spots makes you more cultured
>>
>>3068553
In fairness to get that blur effect he could have taken a bunch of exposures, aligned and stacked them; even without a tripod.

That said, I don't mind the people at the bottom. They're a reality of the site now.
>>
>>3068555

You literally said "no wonder this board is so shit" and then suggested something retarded and impossible. Give it up now.
>>
>>3068545
This is good. Everything else is bad.
>>
>>3068545
Best ITT
>>
>>3068545
Sonycucks, how does it feel your images will never look this good?
>>
>>3068538
>>3068535
>>3068524

These people are correct.

Yes, of course it is unreasonable to get St. Peter's Basilica all to yourself. Which is why the next best thing is to do a long exposure and make the people irrelevant.

It would have been spectacular if everyone was looking in the same direction, towards the roof or towards the light. That would have been the best case scenario.

But they weren't, they were all doing their own thing talking to whoever and looking wherever.

The first thing I noticed after the light rays were how every person was not paying attention to the light or to the prettiness of the scene.

One could make the claim that "that's the whole point", that even though this place is so gorgeous, people still don't care enough to smell the roses. But that's bullshit. It's just distracting now.

It's still a great photo, OP. But, if you want a critique, that's it. A long exposure would have made this current shot better. You have to work with what you have.
>>
>>3068543
I would crop the top tighter so that the photo ends where the road ends. I don't really care much about the bridge, or trees, or river -- it's not really giving me much context either, and definitely no context that's necessary.

It's also a little bright for my liking.
>>
>>3068594

lmao
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.