[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diffusers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: ss (2017-04-29 at 09.06.54).jpg (100KB, 929x730px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-04-29 at 09.06.54).jpg
100KB, 929x730px
I built myself a light/flash stick
(Monopod + radio controlled flash)

However I'm not sure which diffuser to get for it.

This is basically what my stick looks like currently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnyiQgAHcQA

The guy uses a Cloud Lambency diffuser it seems like.

Having a diffuser that shoots light everywhere is going to be quite beneficial, as I'm moving around at events and taking pictures fast.
Often I will not aim the flash correctly as I'm framing my shots quickly

So now I don't know which diffuser to put on my off camera flash.

Either a cloud lambency, the clear lambency, or maybe some meme like GARY FONG LIGHTSPHERE?

Pic related, the stick from the video.
>>
>>3066299
T U P P E R W A R E

Seriously, what difference does it make? Just pick a diffuser.
>>
>>3066301
I guess what I'm asking is

Are memefusers worth the money
(GARY FONG, magmod)
>>
File: dumbledore.gif (963KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
dumbledore.gif
963KB, 500x206px
when the wedding is outdoor
>>
>>3066307
With most diffusers it is money vs time. If you have more time than money, go DIY. If the reverse, buy.
>>
>>3066345
Thats def. a GARY FONG diffuser
>>
>>3066299
They all work equally good.
Don't fall for the trap of thinking bigger is better - it's about shooting light in all directions, not about trying to make the light softer.

The sto-fen design is the most practical: it's compact and sturdy.
And there are plenty cheap knock-offs, no need to buy an expensive brand. (but do buy one that fits your flash)
>>
>>3066393
I've use a stofen type diffuser. I still have to aim the flash on the stick for it to work.

I work in nightclubs, so I can't bounce flash at all.
>>
>>3066680
If you can't bounce, another option is to light them up like uncle terry. If you get a flash cable you can hold the flash right up next to the lens or whereever you want really and blow the shadows away.
>>
>>3066680
If you can't bounce then what's the point in throwing light behind the camera?
>>
>>3066740
So I don't have to aim the flash, just hold it off to the side and shoot

>>3066736
I already use an on camera flash for fill
>>
>>3066798
> I already use an on camera flash for fill
that looks like shit
>>
>>3066680
>I work in nightclubs, so I can't bounce flash at all.
Can we see a sample of your work to get an idea what your after?
>>
>>3066857
Why is on-camera shit for fill?
>>
>>3068301
because it's fixed, small and hard to modify
>>
>>3068308
>missing that it's essentially on the same line as the lens
>>
>>3068314
t-thanks anon
>>
>>3068308
>>3068314
>>3068321
surely having a on camera fill with off camera key, is better than no fill?
>>
at that point with the diffuser, your not bouncing off of anything, just point it at the people and save your batteries. it might make the light source an inch larger but when your more than a few feet, it doesnt make a difference. and please dont use a diffuser outdoors. same concept, your not bouncing off of anything
>>
>>3070166
You're missing the point.

The diffuser is supposed to shoot light in all directions, so there isn't a need to aim it. I don't care about the bounce.
>>
>>3072408
You barely even to aim when the flash is zoomed out.

Have you actually TRIED it before looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?
>>
>>3072411
yes I did. I found that I really had to be careful aiming the flash
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.