[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I fuck up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

I got a SONY ILCE - 5000 today, but I'm feeling like i should have got a dslr camera.

Maybe it's just because the last camera I used was a borrowed dslr one, I mean a cheap digital camera can still take good pictures.

I'm by no means a professional, but I want to take something that's high quality, but seeing the picture on a digital display is already worrying me.

I don't know much about cameras, I'm kinda a beginner in that regard. I was wondering if someone can tell me if it's actually any good.

And if not, what could I get for around the same price?

I have 14 days if I want to return it...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
PhotographerPicasa
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width640
Image Height418
>>
>>3065272
It's a fine camera
>>
Honestly its a fine camera. I have one.

I kinda regret buying it because it feels and sounds like a toy with its fake shutter. Not having a viewfinder makes you look like an idiot and I feel that it really reduces the quality of pictures because of its nonexistence

If you can manage 100 more bucks then getting the 6000 is a much better idea. I see a lot of them used around here.
>>
>>3065272
There's nothing wrong with the sensor or controls but it's lacking lots of necessary mid-tier features to really enjoy photography like a viewfinder.
And the lens is shit.
>>
>>3065275
Am I better off with a a 500$~ dslr over it?
I'm not very inclined to get more expensive stuff for now since I'm not experienced.
>>
It's only a bad deal if you prefer to use the viewfinder

If you like live view better, than it is way better than a dlsr
>>
It's not about the gear.

That said, you fucked up by not buying the a6000 instead, bec
>>
>>3065272
You can get a lot more for your money senpai. A Nikon 3200 with kit lens would take better pictures for $270. It's an amazing poorfag camera and was my first. Mirrorless is really fucky unless you have experience in digital photography and even then there is a lot to learn.

If you're dead set on mirrorless small form factor I saw a Fuji x100s in great condition go for $385 on eBay and a Ricoh GRii go for just under $500.

New Sony MILCs are really geared towards professional portrait shooters that don't mind the expensive glass geared towards portrait photography. Even the focusing system is geared towards it. It's not a good ecosystem for a beginner when it comes time to upgrade, the entry level options aren't great, and you would benefit immensely from an inexpensive and versatile dslr or a compact digital focused manufacture.

Fuji would be especially good for you considering they have pretty much the best straight from the camera JPEG processing, which will give you nice looking photos without post processing. It won't be the same as some of the stuff shot and edited by experienced regulars here, but it will get you pretty damn close.
>>
>>3065291
I meant to say "because of the lack of view finder on the a5000"
>>
File: IMG_0015.jpg (238KB, 650x954px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0015.jpg
238KB, 650x954px
>>3065283

See >>3065294

Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width650
Image Height954
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3065283
Dude buy a T3i or a used Pentax k-5 or something
>>
Did some shopping, if I don't want something shipped to me, for around the same price i can get a CANON REBEL T6.

Is that any good?
>>
>>3065317
It's a cannon t6 rebel with a new sticker on it. There's a reason anons suggest the cheaper t3.

See >>3065294

The Nikon d3200 or Fuji x100s are going to be your best beginner options. The Nikon is so dirt cheap and a strong performer while the Fuji will retain value and is incredibly compact while giving you an intro to mirrorless/rangefinder with no post processing necessary блят фaм
>>
>>3065334

I think mirrorless is better for a beginner. The EVF is great for "what you see is what you get". So the way to go should be Fuji
>>
>>3065283
No, you may be better off with an a6000, nex 6 or nex 7 though. Liveview/evfs will teach you the exposure triangle much quicker than any dslr.

And wrt image quality, the a5000 sensor is fantastic, best in its class.

There's a very vocal anti sony group on here, which makes asking your question a complete non starter.
>>
>>3065364
>There's a very vocal anti sony group on here
It is moop, same guy shilling Sony as well. He's just samefagging hard to hike up drama, then some trolls jump on his bandwagon.
>>
>>3065364
>There's a very vocal anti sony group on here

I'm militantly anti-Sony due to the whole Minolta thing, but still use my A7's.

I WILL HATE ON THEM, and secretly use them.
>>
File: IMG_0217.jpg (296KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0217.jpg
296KB, 2000x1000px
>>3065364
>>3065462
I sold my A7ii because I found myself shooting with my Fuji xpro 1 with a 16mp aspc xtrans more often than the 24mp Bayer.

DESU at this point sensor size is a meme. The best IQ I get comes from my Sigma Merrills which are years old, which outresolve a Sony A7RII with a gmaster lens for less than $500. The second best comes from my Fuji xtrans 24mp aspc 3 bodies followed by xtrans 2 aspcs, thanks to rendering and color outcomes.

Micro contrast, color accuracy, and lens sharpness is superior in my sigma and Fuji kits and the only thing my Sony kit had a leg up on was bokeh with the 85mm gmaster, but the Fuji 50-140 2.8 is just a better portrait lens.

Steering op into the Sony ecosystem before he's had a chance to develop on a compact Fuji, Ricoh, or inexpensive dslr is going to have him fall for all the memes without being exposed to a less expensive ecosystem with more and better options to explore. Unless he wants to do strict portrait photography, there are less expensive and better options to grow with.

PhotographerRichard Shotwell
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2000
Image Height1000
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3065482
>micro contrast is the anti-thesis to sharpness
>my fuji has more micro contrast and sharpness

fucking fuji shooters mang.
>>
>>3065491
What the fuck are you even on about? Low contrast comes from soft lenses.
>>
>>3065272
it's fine.
just the ergonomics is terrible.
no buttons an all.
but you'll probably just shoot auto right?
not a problem.
just get a lens.
>>
>>3065512
micro contrast != contrast
>>
>>3065462
That seems dishonest. for a couple of reasons.
For one, Minolta would have simply died a natural death if no one bought them.

Secondly, the militant Sony hate only became this rampant around 2015, when they had a really high image quality sensor that seemed like a threat to the big two.
>>
>>3065586
Yep, micro contrast and color saturation goes hand in hand
>>
>>3065272

Shame you werent around the gear threads. There was some anon going on and on about buying an a5000 because he didn&t wanna spend the extra $200 for the vastly superior a6000.

Go for the a6000, it is an awesome camera, and pretty much unbeatable at the price.

Also look at the d3300, 95% of the camera of the a6000, but a little bit cheaper. It is massive though since it is a full dslr.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.