[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start in PostProc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170426_152822_709.jpg (2MB, 4095x2730px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_152822_709.jpg
2MB, 4095x2730px
From where should I start if I would like to learn how to decently make post processing?
There seems to be a lot of tutorials around, but they're always too vague and not really noob-friendly, they don't really teach you a correct workflow to start from.
I have also started studying colour theory and stuff like this, and I don't think I would pay for a PP trainining.

Also please tell me what do you think of this photo. I'm not quite sure overall about it, but I'm still learning.
>>
• get • photoshop • nigga •
>>
>>3065158
I already have Photoshop, but I'm not into watching several hours of tutorials, I'd like to find a pdf or something like that could teach me how to approach color balancing and shit like this.
>>
>>3065160

Photography isn't for you, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>3065167
No you fucking moron, I simply have a job and I'm doing college, I only have some spare time to leave for photography and I'd like to get goot at it anyway.

Also I have asked for any tip, I'm still waiting for help
>>
>>3065179

There is no quick way to get good at photography quickly in your spare time, you lazy fuck.

I'll give you a tip since you're just another entitled kid who wants everything done for him: There is no "correct workflow" to start from. Photoshop, lightroom and pretty much all post-processing is a very organic process. There are many paths to the same destination, and not one singularly correct way. That's part of the beauty of it, and how people start to develop their own style and look. So, the first thing you should do with a photo when looking at it is figure out how you'd like it to look. Is there a mood that you want? Does the photo look like what you remember when you took it? Do you want it to? Figure out which direction you'd like to take the photo and then start down that path. There are basic things that need to be fixed like clipped highlights, tilted horizons, etc, but those are minor quibbles that can be fixed quickly and easily. Far more important is the overall aesthetic.

Also, why would you call a guy who trips as "fucking cuck" a fucking moron instead?
>>
>>3065192
Alright, that's what I wanted to hear, was is so hard? I know you're probably one of those rich kids who don't have nothing else to do but playing whith their parents toys and shitposting on image boards, but at least you eventually became useful.

Also, please, roast the photo in the OP.
And, I don't know, moron is a much significant word
>>
>>3065199

It's a piece of garbage. It's full of artifice, shallow, uninspired, totally lacking in even an ounce of effort or creativity and has absolutely nothing worthwhile to say.

It's you in a nutshell, fucktard.
>>
Anthony Morganti is who I learned from. Guy has a big channel on YouTube with a multitude of tutorial videos on postprocessing via lightroom/PS.

Be warned though he's notorious for going over the top with his shadow/highlight sliders.
>>
>>3065202
Yeah but I was talking PP-wise, moron, I don't give a shit about the rest.

>>3065203
Thanks, I'm going to check him out.
>>
>>3065155
you need to dive right in. if you get used to using the controls, videos you watch will make a lot more sense. you have to stack pilot hours.
>>
>>3065209

I know what you were talking about. Lesson two, dumdum, you can't put lipstick on a pig.
>>
>>3065211
This. You don't need to pay out the ass for a fancy course, just get a bunch of photos and fuck around with the controls for a while. You'll get a feel for what does what.
>>
another dumb anon here. I dont want to be a expert in photoshop just give a program to make png and gifs
>>
>>3065192
For once this tripfag actually wrote something insightful, don't ignore it.

Protip: He's 100% right.
>>
Photography is a passion. How good your shit looks is how much time you're willing to put into it. Just use iphone filters if you want to be lazy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.