[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So people still use "real" cameras?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: masterrace.png (206KB, 1522x808px) Image search: [Google]
masterrace.png
206KB, 1522x808px
So people still use "real" cameras?
>>
>>3064747
No, I prefer to use my imagination instead.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 259x195px
>>3064747
>real camera
>>
>not using a potato camera
>>
>>3064977
>5d3
>midrange

>645D
>top of the line

what the fuck
>>
>>3064977
645D wasn't even top of the line when it came out, although the 645Z is within the class of 33x44 cameras.

>>3064987
Well, the 5D3 is kinda mid-range when you think of it within the context of 1-series being high-end, 5/7-series being mid-range, the double-digit cameras being the low-end, and triple-digit as entry level.

When digital cameras range in price from $1000 to $6,500, then $3,500 just about falls in the middle. For people who would never even consider a camera on the level of the 1DX, then of course a 5D3 would seem high-end, but in absolute terms it's not that expensive.
>>
>>3064994
>80D
>Low-end
No.
>>
>>3064994
Is /p/ full of the richest bigots by chance? I barely have any money to put into photography
>>
>>3065018
>tfw you can't even start with a used DSLR of an obsolete kit lens that people ebay for less than 100 bucks
>>
>>3064747
>not using fuji gfx.
get a real camera, kid.
>>
>>3065018
/p/ mostly consist of adults who have jobs and mony to spare on a hobby. Or rich parents.
>>
>>3064987
I suspect whoever made that chart meant full frame cameras in general, not the 5Dmk3 specifically.

But yeah, "top of the line", "high end" and "entry level" would be a better description for "MF", "FF" and "APS-C" respectively.

>>3064994
>the 5D3 is kinda mid-range when you think of it within the context of 1-series being high-end

It's still a serious professional level camera.
Just more orientated towards portraiture and less towards action.

And
>in absolute terms it's not that expensive.
Yes it is, it's objectively and in absolute terms expensive. - even when you have money to blow (like me).

The only way it's justifiable is when you consider it will last 10, 15, perhaps even 20 years.
>>
>Mfw medium format film still beats top of the line digital and just stomps on phones

I shoot digital, phones have jaded my craft, and I don't care anymore.

Film #1
>>
>At an art event last week
>guy asks if I'm one of the artists
>"I'm a photographer"
>"Aww, thats not art, thats not art. Everyones a photographer now that we have phones"
>>
>>3065028
>implying everybody is amurican
>>
>>3065277
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3065288
>American
>Poor
Pick 1
>>
>>3065352

>forgetting the state of michigan exists

Dude come on...
>>
File: don-draper-shrug.jpg (52KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
don-draper-shrug.jpg
52KB, 848x477px
>>3065094
Hmmm I know plenty of people with jobs and they still don't have the money to throw around on hobbies, I have to save up a lot to afford good equipment. That's one of those things in photography that will forever be a question, how the fuck are some people able to just get shit at the drop of a dime.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width848
Image Height477
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.