[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Leica-M7-–-EuroTrip-2004-1.jpg (188KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Leica-M7-–-EuroTrip-2004-1.jpg
188KB, 1280x800px
I'm moving to Europe for a couple years and am looking to buy a serious camera. I have not photography experience.

At first I thought I definitely wanted something pocketable, which led me to the Sony RX100 (mk3 probably), but then I went down the rabbit hole of looking for something better.

I want a camera good for street shooting throughout Europe and also for landscapes. I want to maximize image quality and portability. Not sure if I should go for a pocketable 1"sensor or something with an APS-C. Also not sure if I want something with a fixed lens or an interchangeable system. Ideally I'd like to stay under $800 but willing to go up to $1000 if justified.

Some of the cameras I've looked at:
-Sony RX100 iii
-Canon G7x ii
-Fuji x70
-Ricoh GR ii
-Sony a6000

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width1280
Image Height800
>>
Just because I love that movie.

Take a look into Fuji x100t or f
>>
I have the Fuji x100S and I love it. If you can afford the x100F I'd definitely go for that if you don't mind the fixed focal length. Great image quality from them, looks great.
>>
Get the a6000 you will have an upgrade path. Also don't fuck your sister
>>
>>3064913
>>3063996
These two, the x100 series is impeccable and I'm seriously having second thoughts about buying the x100f when the price drops.
>>
>>3063992
The Canon G7x ii is the same as the Sony RX100 iii but with customer support and without the annoying little evf on a stalk, castrated raw, stupid menus and the irksome habit of switching itself off when you snap the evf shut because you just poked your eye out with it.

Go for one of the Fuji X100 series
>>
>>3063992
just buy an rx1 already
>>
>>3063992
Something cheap for the gullible American, because you'll be picked clean by gypsies within the first few months until you've learned your lesson.
>>
>>3063992
Ignore all those dumb cunts and decide what you want from a camera.

If it's a fixed, slow, wide angle lens, very similar to your smartphone, look at the ricoh & fuji, if you want a slow zoom on a small sensor (more versatility, less image quality) look at the rx100 or canon.

If you want a slightly larger camera that's of a higher quality and infinitely more versatile but relies on the lens attached, get the a6000.

The a6000 and sigma 19mm is for all intents and purposes the same as the ricoh and fuji, just a little bulkier and with a MUCH sharper lens.
>>
Don't get the G7X mkii, I did and I just finally sold it so I could buy a a6000. Buy an a6000. They're the shit. They're not pocketable but it's not as important as you think it is
>>
>>3066135
*A little sharper in the middle and complete trash in the edges.
>>
>>3066135
>Sigma 19mm MUCH sharper than ricoh
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Whichever one can give you the widest angle or allow you to use wide angle for the best price. Europe needs lots of wide angle for some amazing shots, also because lots of historical structures will need wide angle to isolate the buildings out with as little people in the frame.
>>
I have the Sony a6000 + SEL50f18 + SEL28f20 + SEL16-50f3.5-5.6 (Kit) and the truth is that it is a good camera.

I have a better experience using it for street photography and photography in general than my previous reflex cameras, it is not so small and discreet as a GR but it is not uncomfortable to carry with you everywhere.

The EVF is quite useful although it is not the best, certainly not something that you notice a lot or cause a problem when shooting. The focus is quite fast and the quality of the photos is quite good compared to APS-C reflex cameras.

My old camera was a Canon 60D which I replaced with the a6000, I'm thinking of selling the 60D because I only have it on the shelf along with my Canon lenses (50mm, 18-135mm).

The only thing I would need to really be able to completely replace my 60D its a SEL55-210 MM F4.5-6.3 OSS.

If any of you have the a6000 with 55-210 I would love to hear your opinions, experiences and sample photos with it, also if someone considers that it is a bad idea to get rid of my 60D I would like to know why they consider it so.
>>
>>3067822
Holy shit, how many times can you post about the same thing?
>I would love to hear your opinions, experiences and sample photos with it
There's around 4 years worth of that shit just a google's search away, plus you already have the damn thing so what does it matter?
>also if someone considers that it is a bad idea to get rid of my 60D I would like to know why they consider it so.
Why?
>>
>>3067828

>Holy shit, how many times can you post about the same thing?
Well actually, I made this post in another thread like a week, so literally this is only the second time..... I just want to contribute a bit my experience with the camera and the lenses i have, you really need to chill

>There's around 4 years worth of that shit just a google's search away, plus you already have the damn thing so what does it matter?
I have the camera but not the 55-210 lens, I would like to know a little more about the experiences of /p/ users that have that configuration of lens and camera. This is a photography forum where you can discuss and share experiences with equipment and photographic techniques, I don't see why I can't use it to get a bit of information. Also i used Google on this topic but you see, the thing is that I want more personal opinions

>Why?
Same, I just want to read opinions about the subject
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.