[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camera Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: NEX-7.jpg (159KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
NEX-7.jpg
159KB, 1024x768px
Hey /p/
I am currently trying to decide on which camera I should buy. Currently, I'm looking at Sony's NEX-7, NEX-6, and the A6000. I'm also considering the Olympus OM-D. My price cap is around $600-$650. I need advice on which camera would ultimately be the best value for the money I am putting in, and some pros/cons. Thanks
>>
>>3063395
A6000 + kit + 50mm + 55-210
7 uses oudated hotshoe. 6 has shit AF.
Olympus if you're homosexual.
>>
>>3063416
Not OP but do you have an a6000?
>>
>>3063459
Why?
>>
Do your research before posting in the land of flames. Especially since it's in the sticky.

I have came to the same consideration of the NEX6 and OM E-M5. I want the gay one after, being in a temperature climate means that a weather resistant is important. Also a larger selection of lense.
>>
>>3063395
Sigma DP2 Merrill
>>
>>3063395
Pulled the trigger on a refurb Nikon 5500 with kit lens for about $600. Image quality had more detail than competitors, color wasn't canon colors, but just a tad shy from the truth. Would have gotten an A6000 because I love the portability, didn't love the focus.
>>
>>3063546
I'm looking at the 3400 refurbished also. How is yours doing? How long have you had it for?
>>
>>3063416
a6000 + 20mm + sigma 30mm f1.4 + 50mm f1.8 oss + minolta md 70-210 f4.
>>
I have the a6000 and love it. It has an EVF which I don't believe either of the NEXs have, which is nice if you're taking a lot of your pictures outside. I bought an open box one from B&H. Came with the kit lens and then I bought this lens a couple months ago: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-55-210mm-F4-5-6-3-E-Mount-Cameras/dp/B005VM2GLI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493124309&sr=8-2&keywords=a6000+lens
>>
>>3063547
>D3400
Get a D3300 instead. D3400 doesn't have sensor cleaning system and the snapbridge system is shit.
>>
>>3063649
Is the D3300 the same other than that? I saw the megapixels and auto focus points were
>>
>>3063647
Nex 6 and 7 both have EVF, but they're ancient cameras with shit AF. A6000 is the one to get nowadays mainly because of AF.

>>3063554
Good luck with handheld telezoom without OIS and AF.
>>
>>3063416
What's wrong with being homo
>>
>>3063395
>Olympus OM-D
which one: the E5 or E10 (assuming the E1 is out of your price range)? I wouldn't consider the E10. if you want m43 at that price, it's the E5 or Panasonic GX85 (or GX7 or G7 if you can find them)
>>
>>3063798
I was thinking of the E10. Why do you not suggest it?
>>
>>3063799
the Panasonics are better at that price, especially if you want to do any videography as well, and especially the G7 is a steal right now since the G85 came out last fall.

the only potential drawbacks is the size since it's a bit bigger than the E10 (not an issue with the GX7 & GX85) as it lacks in-camera lens stabilization (not a problem with newer model Panasonics like the GX85 and G85 which have that feature in the camera body; the reason for that was that Panasonic put their stabilization systems in the lenses themselves, and still do afaik)
>>
>>3063804
>as it lacks
*and

>Panasonic put their stabilization systems in the lenses themselves
in their Panasonic branded lenses obv. Olympus brand lenses didn't have stabilization in the lens, and I'm not sure if their newer lenses added that or not
>>
I have the Sony a6000 + SEL50f18 + SEL28f20 + SEL16-50f3.5-5.6 (Kit) and the truth is that it is a good camera.

I have a better experience using it for street photography and photography in general than my previous reflex cameras, it is not so small and discreet as a GR but it is not uncomfortable to carry with you everywhere.

The EVF is quite useful although it is not the best, certainly not something that you notice a lot or cause a problem when shooting. The focus is quite fast and the quality of the photos is quite good compared to APS-C reflex cameras.

My old camera was a Canon 60D which I replaced with the a6000, I'm thinking of selling the 60D because I only have it on the shelf along with my Canon lenses (50mm, 18-135mm).

The only thing I would need to really be able to completely replace my 60D its a SEL55-210 MM F4.5-6.3 OSS.

If any of you have the a6000 with 55-210 I would love to hear your opinions, experiences and sample photos with it, also if someone considers that it is a bad idea to get rid of my 60D I would like to know why they consider it so.
>>
>>3063735
Everything
>>
>>3063799
The E10 is a rebranded E5 but with a larger screen and (arguable) worse video (fps vs mbps).

However your price bracket means that you can get better kits used. I just picked up an OM E5 with a kit lens for $330 so I think you can do better.

Everyone is also right about the pricing. Olympus Micro Four Thirds are priced higher than competitors although if take your camera outside during adverse weather I would recommend a weather proofed system. I have missed out on opportunities due to weather before so I wanted a weather proof system this time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.