[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revealing making of (?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: cfa1dcc9226ac0e4f5275ac9ecbec359.jpg (328KB, 1024x799px) Image search: [Google]
cfa1dcc9226ac0e4f5275ac9ecbec359.jpg
328KB, 1024x799px
What is the consensus on /p/ about showing your making of process ?
It used to be that you keep all the trade secrets locked away from everyone but nowadays I see more and more people not giving a damn about revealing every little detail on how they make stuff.

Can it be beneficial for attracting interest to your work?
>>
I always make sure to not reveal the most important step - smearing Vaseline all over the shutter button.
>>
The internet has revolutionized and screwed over decades worth of trade secrets. It's super fucking easy to get into something and know how it works thanks to forums/ youtube.

Don't get wrong, there's always people making a profit of this knowledge. But really thats what it comes down to. How can you exploit, teach, and make a profit off of these trade secrets.

And then you have people that are tired of being taken advantage of, being put into huge areas of debt, and what do they get out of it? Really, nothing. So in a way; fuck those who keep things a "secret". There are some things the world should know. Especially if you're just getting into said field and not have to go into college debt just to find out trade secrets.
>>
File: tfw1452511163178.jpg (103KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tfw1452511163178.jpg
103KB, 1000x1000px
>>3063149
The world changes and the only way is to adapt. I get it, even though I am extremely butthurt for studying practical film n video for 6 years and now I see that almost all the notes I have from my teachers can be found online from your basement..
>>
this reminds me of high-end retouching tutorials which exploded a decade ago
>>
>>3063141
As a novice, let me say that to fully benefit from many of those "making of" videos to the point you could use them to profit yourself would require a photography course or more worth of reading and watching YouTube videos. You have to have a lot of times to digest the material and work along with it. So although I realize that any trade secrets given away is a bad thing for the pros, I don't know if it has the same benefit for average Joe's.
>>
>>3063141
its targeted to clients not amateurs that want to learn. its a marketing strategy.
>>
>>3063164
You must be a German.

Also, wrong.
>>
They can tell the secrets, but what makes the pro is the skill to manage those secrets to create beauty
>>
>>3063141
No you fucking fagot.
Let me explain.
There is a monkey in the jungle.
The monkey out of nowhere is the first one to throw a stone to anything.
That monkey is top boss in the jungle FOR A WHILE.
Another monkey sees that, copies (keyword) the movements.
Oh boy now theres 2 monkeys flinging stones.
YEEEEZUS.
Battle enuses, whos the top monkey in throwing stones.
Theres a 3rd monkey seeing all, and this monkey stops for a seconds and notice, "wait a sec, no every throw is the same, not every throw lands in the same way.... WHY IS THAT?

And if you havent figure it out how that relates to sharing your knowledge you are monkey #1.

But im going to explain thanks to fagots like this
>>3063149

Here let me show you what ive learn, because when you get to my level i have already figured it out the next level.
>>
>>3063141
>It used to be that you keep all the trade secrets locked away from everyone but nowadays I see more and more people not giving a damn about revealing every little detail on how they make stuff.
In my mind it's far preferable to be open. It helps drive home just how much work post processing actually is helping to justify the price in client's minds. Outside of that, if you're relying on some "secret" technique, then you're pretty shit. It's much the same as someone getting pissed about moms with cameras charging $50 for a session. If they're taking your business, then well, you have far more problems.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.