[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picking a camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: stock-photo-206999837.jpg (286KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-206999837.jpg
286KB, 1500x1000px
Hello /p/,

My family and I (all camera illiterate fellows) are thinking about buying a camera and we are trying to choose between a:

-Canon T6 Rebel, or a

-Nikon D3400

Which one should we get? Thanks for any advice! (pic unrelated)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Width1500
Image Height1000
>>
>>3062810
Sony a7R II
>>
>>3062810
Fujifilm x100F
>>
>>3062818
What about out of the two cameras I mentioned?
>>
>>3062810
You should get a Pentax k1 tb honest
>>
>>3062820
Nikon D3300, since it's cheaper and the 3400 is barely an improvement
>>
>>3062810
Sony a6300
You admit none of you know fuck all about photography, the evf in the a6300 gives you an exact image preview as you change settings. A dslr is just a fancy window and you need to use knowledge and experience to get the right exposure.

It's also much better looking.
>>
>>3062810
I have the Nikon D3300. I chose it because overall it seemed like the better camera with potentially sharper photos. However, I think lenses for the Canon (Canon brand and even off brand) are cheaper. I did a lot of comparison research before buying but I had a Canon mega zoom P&S and it took fantastic photos in good light so I certainly can't knock Canon either. So far I am happy with my D3300 and I know the D3400 is almost identical with a few bonus features.

On a side note - I would definitely recommend the 50mm f1.8g but I think for a Canon that is cheaper and even the Yongnuo knockoff is only about $50 for Canon and almost $100 for Nikon.

I would try to think long term - that is do you want to stick with Canon and have all Canon goods or stick with Nikon and have all Nikon goods? To switch brands later on would require adapter(s) to use the same lenses.

Also I don't know about the Canon lenses but with Nikon there is no auto focus motor in the camera itself for D3300 or D3400 so, for example if you want the 50mm f1.8 lens you HAVE to get either the f1.8g or the Yongnuo - unless you are fine to use only manual focus with it.
>>
post your question in the right thread and you might get better answers. learn to fucking read.

don't come into a new board and not have a quick browse to see if there is somewhere your post should go.

so, fuck off cunt
>>
>>3062820
Just ignore many of these people recommending everything else. After all, this is still 4chan.
>>
buying a cheap, gimped, feature disabled, plastic, one control dial, box store camera. why subject yourself to agony? it's like attaching a ball and chain to your ankle and then trying to run a marathon.
>>
>>3062819
Or the x100t
>>
>>3062810
>T6
i guess normies really fall for this rebranding shit.
this thing is a T5 with a sensor older than you.

get a6000.
>>
>>3062810
I have a dd300, it was pretty cheap, good for starting.
I was considering the t6 but I just preferred the Nikon.
Go in a shop and try to get a feel for the cameras.
Also look at reviews.
>>
>>3062810
sony A9 desu!
>>
>>3062810
dont get a canon. Unless youre going to get the top quality professional lenses get a sony or nikon. For you probably a sony a6300
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.