[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refurbished Lens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: EF-35mm-F14-II-USM-Lens_1_xl.jpg (48KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
EF-35mm-F14-II-USM-Lens_1_xl.jpg
48KB, 675x450px
Is it worth it buying a company refurbished lens, or should I just save a little more to buy a brand new one? Are refurbished ones real shitty?
>>
it depends.
>>
>>3062564
It would help if you even knew what 'refurbished' meant.
>>
>>3062566
Well, let's say I'm looking at Nikon 50/1.8G AF-S Nikkor prime

(it's not expensive as it is even brand new, but I'm a poorfag and neither am I good enough at photography to think investing every last cent I have is a good move)
>>
>>3062573
I just bought that exact lens new but I got a good deal on it from eBay. I got it for $150 but normally it sells for around $200+. I can't speak to the quality of a refurbished one or a used one (though "used in excellent condition" might be a safer bet) but what I did was just waited for a good deal. I got one of those bundle deals that has filters and stuff with it. It was $189 and they were running a code that allowed 20% off up to $50.

The alternative is the f1.8D but if you are like me and own a cheaper entry-level DSLR then - at least with Nikon - you won't have autofocus, and it isn't quite as sharp or as fast from what I have read. But it's like half the price.

There is also the Yongnuo that is around the same price or less of the f1.8D, has auto focus even on the entry level DSLRs, and isn't AS smooth but still isn't bad.
>>
>>3062573
I've bought refurb lenses with no issues before.

Check the description on the item, and purchase off of a website that offers buyer protection. If the item you receive is shit quality (and not in line with a description that says something like: "used, great quality, slight scratches on lens barrel that do not impact IQ") then return it. I've done it before, I've been burned on bad quality lenses full of distortion and scratches. just returned them. Also had great luck with some good deals.
>>
>>3062584
>>3062583

thank you both for answers! case in point, I have a nikon D3300 and I almost did buy the F1.8D, however, luckily, I read the description and found out it doesn't have auto focus and it would be a great trouble, since I have real poor eyesight and thus manual focusing almost always ends up bad unless I go live view and zoom in twice

I'll have another look at all the sales sites and see if I can find a good deal on it brand new, and if I can't, I'll buy the refurbished one
>>
>>3062570
Refurbished in theory doesn't always mean the same in practice.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.