[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

viewfinders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ZVIEWFINDERWSENSORS.jpg (25KB, 575x353px) Image search: [Google]
ZVIEWFINDERWSENSORS.jpg
25KB, 575x353px
what's the advantage of a viewfinder in mirrorless cameras?
screens are bigger, they usually have higher resolution, they have more room for info like histograms or zone focus and it's easier to look at stuff that's not in the frame
why do people also go as far as adding optical viewfinders on some compact cameras like the GR?
>>
>>3061438
cause holding the camera out in front of you makes you look like a fucking dork
>>
>>3061444
It also makes your arms hurt if you are tracking anything over any length of time. But mirrorless cucks know nothing about this because the battery always runs out before they get there
>>
>>3061438
>what's the advantage of a viewfinder in mirrorless cameras?
Easier to use in bright sunlight when a monitor might be washed out and for me at least, easier to steady and more natural to frame with. Most of your points for screens aren't true anyway so I find the only legitimate downside of an EVF is the loss of situational awareness when you have the other eye closed.

>screens are bigger
The physical size is of course, but you'd have to hold it incredibly close for the relative size to actually be larger than a typical EVF.

>they usually have higher resolution
What? They almost never do.

>they have more room for info like histograms or zone focus
Not really true except in cases where the above two are also true which is rare in reality.
>>
>>3061461
Adding to this anon's thing about blocking out sunlight I also like using my evf because it helps me to see just what the lens is seeing, instead of what it is seeing + everything in my fov
>>
Looking through the screen honestly makes me feel like an absolute fucking idiot, I can't stand to do it
>>
Live view sucks except for situations where you'd look like an even bigger tool by trying to contort yourself to look through the viewfinder.
>>
>>3061461
I live in a everyday sun country and you NEED the viewfinder to see shit.
>>
>>3061444
>not shooting chest level with a tilty screen
>implying a camera in the face doesn't look dorky
>>
>>3061720
I love my tilty screen, but in most situations viewfinder is better.
>>
File: tony-transparent-150x150.png (58KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
tony-transparent-150x150.png
58KB, 150x150px
>>3061720
>>implying a camera in the face doesn't look dorky

It only looks dorky when you use your right eye, exposing your squinting left eye.

Use your left eye and keep your right eye open (it's mostly covered by your hand and camera so you don't have to close it), and you look like a pro.
>>
>>3061448
Topkek
>>
>>3061724
>covering your other eye for no reason
Retard spotted
>>
>>3061448
Hey, not all of us are using Sony.
>>
>>3061776
>for no reason

To make it easier to see inside the viewfinder without having to squint.
>>
i tried a few consumer level cameras in the market the other day and got very much impressed with the nikon's d7x00 series vf. It's much bigger than similar competitors and apsc mirrorless.
>>
>>3061801
I mean the D7000 series does have an actual pentaprism instead of tiny pentamirrors in the D3000, D5000, and comparable Rebels. EVFs like the one on my A7 are nice, but nothing beats a nice bright pentaprism.
>>
>>3061801
Try something older like a F100.
>>
>>3062007
Dunno about pentamirrors, I always had Pentax.
They are bright and comfortable to look through. Using an EVF is always seems like looking at a screen, not actually looking through the optics. Feels distant and disconnected where the OVF feels just natural.
>>
>>3062040
Yeah EVFs do feel a tad disconnected.
>>
if thats the viewfinder... then who was the camera?????
>>
>>3062040

OVF always felt weird on digital.

To take a picture, and then see it looks nothing like what you saw just feels wrong.

An EVF being wysiwyg just feels right. A fuckton more useful too.
>>
It's faster
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.