[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Instagram Tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

What are the best strategies to get followers on Instagram? Post your tips and different methods you use.

>Post once per week
>use all of the photography hashtags specific to my state
>surf through people's profiles under the "landscape" hashtag and like their photos
>do maybe 50 of them at a time
>Follow 200 profiles and then unfollow them, don't do this often cuz it's kinda rude
>have a base of dedicated followers by commenting on their posts every once in a while
>get my posts reshared by bigger profiles
>road photos typically get the most likes
>>
How often do you guys post?

I didn't post for like a month, and then once I posted I got like 30 followers in 2 days. Kinda weird.
>>
>git gud
>>
>>3060300
oh fuck off you annoying ass fag, how autistic are you
>>
>>3060303
OP here

Good vid. I just followed your instagram page too. Some pretty crazy photography you got goin on.

Could you check out my page and tell me how to improve it? I post both classical guitar clips and landscape shit, I'm thinking maybe this is conflicting in followers.
>>
instagram is meme. You want to get gud in meme?
>>
Why do you guys care about followers unless you make money with photography?
>>
>>3060513
Liar
>>
>>3060506
Got it, I just deleted all of my classical guitar stuff. Feed looks way nicer. I'll start another account to upload music stuff

With the issue of processing, unfortunately I use a canon powershot so I don't think there's a whole lot I can work with. Saving up for a better camera though

Thanks a ton for the advice, keep making vids, they're good.
>>
>>3060606
Yeah, it actually looks a lot more cohesive now. If you have a few hundred buck's that you can spare, seriously, just go check the used section on b&h for an old canon t3i. You'll love it. It's a kick as camera, shoots raw photos and will really bring your stuff to the next level for sure.

I do like your classical guitar too, especially the Bach one that you had posted
>>
>>3060630
>Canon t3i

I'm seeing a used one for $280. I may do this, looks like a good camera for the price. I don't have a lot to spend on photography because it's just a hobby for me

>I like your classical guitar too

Thanks man! That's more of my main thing because I actually bring in income IRL from that. I liked the idea of combining my music with a time lapse too.
>>
>>3060666
Yeah, I get it. That t3i should work well for you though. Infact, you could even use it to film better videos of you doing your music too, it does reasonably good HD video, so that might help if you end up doing an instagram for your guitar. Check out some video samples on YouTube to get an idea of what it can do
>>
>>3060703
There's one on Amazon for $230.

Am I missing something here? Isn't that really really cheap?

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-18-55mm-discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B004J3V90Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1492761597&sr=1-1&keywords=Canon+t3i
>>
>yfw Instagress is dead ;__;

Pay to win Instagram is over, gg bois
>>
>>3061024
Huh? What do you mean
>>
>>3061028
Instagress was a a paid service that would run a bot that commented, liked and followed/unfollowed people automatically
>>
>>3061024
Good.
>>
>>3060268
I have only recently started taking IG seriously.

I go out and shoot and build up a back catalogue of photos.

I post either in the morning of my timezone, as people are commuting, or in the evening as people are chilling before bed.

About 30 mins before I post I go through the #'s I will attach to the photo and like/comment photos under those #'s.

I also find accounts with a high following that post curated pics that are similar to mine and # them.

When I start getting @'s thanking me for my comment I post the photo. I think it boosts the likelihood my picture showing up on the explore. Also i get likes and follows from the people whose work I like/comment on.

I went from like 140 - 180 followers (lol) doing this over the past 4 days. Though I've few followers my engagement each picture is like 60-80 likes. So somethings working.

instagram.com/zaseltine/ btw
>>
>>3061024
Fuck.... been using that service for like 6 months. From my understanding, in stag ram threatened to sue over the term "insta" which is trademarked I guess
>>
>>3061017
No, sounds about right. It's an older camera, I'm not too savy on amazon though, just make sure it's a reputable seller and you're not getting a damaged camera.

The t3i was released in 2011, so it's an older camera, but it's still very good, especially for a starter camera that you might have for 2 years.

Anyone else want to weigh in on the legitimacy of this t3i he found on Amazon? It seems like the correct price.

What price range were you thinking for a camera?
>>
File: _DSC0013.jpg (1MB, 2667x4000px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0013.jpg
1MB, 2667x4000px
I'm at 865 followers at the moment after having my instagram ridden with selfies and memes for years. I just wish I could get over 1k but it's really hard nowadays to get a single follower that doesn't unfollow you after an hour, back in the days you'd like someone's picture and they'd follow you forever. I got my first dslr a month ago and my photography pics get about 50 likes every time which I think is decent though. I'm hoping to get featured in one of those minimalistic photography accounts eventually but my photos aren't good enough yet.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D5300
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.9 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.1
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern816
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)168 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:04:20 18:35:10
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/4.2
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating2000
Lens Aperturef/4.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length112.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3061239
Yeah man, it's tough. I feel like it's a snowball effect. If you have very few followers, less people see it and it's less likely to be seen by the sharing accounts and just other people in general. However, my account has like 4k followers and the hash tags that I use are able to compete with accounts like have like 50k-100k followers, and get similar engagement numbers to them. So don't give up, just be smarter about the hash tags you use and try to engage with new people constantly
>>
>>3061227
Ah okay cool. $230 is exactly what I was looking to pay.

I think I'm going to buy it, looks like it would be good for both photography and classical guitar stuff. I currently use a Canon Powershot G11, and some reviews actually said that the Powershot G11 was a better camera.

Comparing photo examples of the two looks like the Canon t3i is better though. The t3i also takes WAY better videos than the Powershot G11.
>>
>>3061326
Yeah, there's now way the power shot is better than the t3i in terms of image quality or video quality. When you get the camera just make sure to really understand how to use a DSLR, just the basic controls like aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
>>
>>3061089
I went and liked a bunch of photos using the same hashtags as mine before and after posting my photos, and now my account got banned. 10/10
>>
>>3061731
kekt n rekt
>>
Do you folks accept every follower even if they're some bullshit meme account, or do you screen who you let follow you? My account is private cause I use it for personal stuff as well as my more serious stuff. I get the occasional request after I post and I'm thinking about switching it to public.
>>
>>3061731
You're an idiot. The limit is like 350 per hour.

I'm only talking like 5-8 likes/comments per hashtag.
>>
>>3061754
Well you could have specified, desu senpai

>taking advice from 4chan
>>
I went from around 300 followers to 410 off of one f feature. It's all about using the right hashtags. if you want more followers follow the trends you see.. right now moody, contrasty, desaturated faded film looks are in.. learn to edit in that style. tag the big guys (gramslayers, moodygrams, Way2ill, loaded lenses) eventually someone will give you a feature
>>
Join an Instagram pod, where everyone likes and comments on each others photos

Speaking of, does anyone want to form a pod
>>
>>3062137
>moody, contrasty, desaturated faded film looks are in
So, heavily edited pictures with shitloads of filters. No thanks.
>>
>>3061254
What hashtags do you use?
>>
Once I post a photo, I wait until all the comments/likes on my photo die down after a couple days or so.

Then I go to every person's profile that liked/commented, and I like about 3-4 photos on their page (if I follow them, usually I'll have liked their photos already).

This is usually good enough to gather a couple followers just from me liking their photos alone, let alone the ones I got from posting a photo to begin with.

I've noticed that landscapes get the most likes out of my photos. Unless you're taking photos of a really attractive woman, in which case those are probably your best bet.

But if not, landscape seems to be the way to go.

Even looking at big pages like Nat Geo show this trend. Photos of mountains, landscapes, or animals get huge amounts of likes. But the ones of a close up of a person's face gather significantly less likes (though still a fuck ton).
>>
>>3062183
Too many. Only reason he has followers. His work is highly generic and at any given day someone is at every single location he's ever shot taking the exact same photo but often in better light.

Don't follow his example. Kitsch is an awful fate.
>>
>>3062192
It's naive to say that you don't want followers though.

And you can still have quality work and use a bunch of hashtags.

Expecting your account to somehow garner 10s of thousands of followers through your pure skill alone, with no marketing, or hashtags or anything is silly.
>>
File: bear4.jpg (38KB, 248x247px) Image search: [Google]
bear4.jpg
38KB, 248x247px
Oh look, it's this thread again.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.