[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Sony has a 20fps 1/32000th shutter speed full frame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

Now that Sony has a 20fps 1/32000th shutter speed full frame backlit sensor camera with a mega buffer, dual card slots, IBS, better ISO performance, and more than 2x battery life, does that mean they will take over sports photography? Does this mean, date I say it, Canikon is finished and bankrupt?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width250
Image Height236
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
no weather sealing
>>
why are Sonyfags so insufferable? why is there sense of self-worth so rapped up with a multi-billion corporation?
>>
as a Nikon user I enjoy filling this board with Sony shitposts for the (You) power and look forward more months of Sony thread spamming outside the gear threads
>>
>>3059892
>more than 2x battery life

capacity, you mean.
>>
Yeah, of course. At least if specs are everything, which they are not, so, probably no.
>>
>Dare I say
Into the trash it goes, dumb frogposter.
>>
File: bogd.jpg (204KB, 1500x850px) Image search: [Google]
bogd.jpg
204KB, 1500x850px
>>3059892
To give you a quick rundown, the Sony is pretty much the new image sensor god now.
The Bogdanoffs bow to Sony.
They are in contact with Aliens.
But Canikon can just offer big enough money for each sensor.
But the high cost will simply be passed on to Canikon users in the end.
So not much will change, we will still have the trinity status quo.
>>
File: 1459900224637.gif (2MB, 228x180px) Image search: [Google]
1459900224637.gif
2MB, 228x180px
>>3059899
KeK. Did you see the reaction in the Nikon websites?
https://nikonrumors.com/2017/04/19/the-day-the-sony-a9-was-announced.aspx/

>Today should be a day of mourning for all Nikon users and fans. Until yesterday nobody could challenge the speed of high-end DSLR cameras, but today I think Sony did just that
The Admin is literally crying.
>>
>>3059892
You're forgetting that poorfags like me still exist that can pretty much only go for shit tier cameras like my Canon 40d.
>>
>>3059892
1/32,000th shutter speed sounds pretty great and so does the AF.

The big fucking problem with this camera is it's not weather sealed at all. How fucking hard would it be to do that? Are they actually gimping their shit or is there a solid reason for it?

>>3060110
>Nikon rumors
I'm legitimately fascinated by the types of people who make these websites. I followed NR for a while when the D810 was coming out because it sounded like a camera I wanted to buy (and did). But to be this wrapped up in the image of a company is just fucking lol
>>
>>3060132
>The big fucking problem with this camera is it's not weather sealed at all. How fucking hard would it be to do that? Are they actually gimping their shit or is there a solid reason for it?
If they weather sealed it, it would overheat and underperform. Putting all that stuff in a tiny package doesn't leave room for cooling.
>>
>>3060132
All of those rumor sites are pretty much "My uncle works for Canon/Nikon/Sony/etc and he said that their new camera will be large format with an f/0.50 telephoto".
>>
>>3060126
A6000?
>>
>>3060151
It's over if Sony gets 72MP sensor with ~15 stop DR and 16 bit file format.
>>
>>3060156
fuck MP race. i don't want to wait a lifetime for a 500MB file to buffer to the SD card. Sony already has 100MP in MF. stick their high MP stuff there and leave it out of FF.
>>
File: 1483206286347.jpg (379KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1483206286347.jpg
379KB, 1111x597px
>>3060156
>yfw it'd overheat after 20 or so shots
>>
>>3060140
>>3060132
Rubber sealing is in the A9>>3060204
>>
>>3060208
My 1st gen A7 is also """Weather resistant""", but it doesn't carry an actual IP rating.
>>
>>3060210
I'm referring to the diagram, and the post that claims all the rubber seals will cause heating problems.
Apparently it's nothing special, and doesn't cause any problems.
>>
>dual card slots,
>only 1 at UHS I
>not even SD @ UHSII + Sony's own XQD

>2x battery life
>2x of nothing is still nothing

>>3060210
No camera manufacturer offers a IP rating. They also don't want to deal with warranty claims.
>>
>>3060213
I think battery life will be a positive side this time. The people who tested the camera were pretty impressed with it.

UHS-i is super cheap, and use very little power. Perfect for JPEG backups.
UHS-ii use more power, but is faster, good for RAW.
XQD uses even more power I think. So it's also a trade off.
>>
>>3059894
>still no weather sealing
lmao how pathetic
>>
>>3059892
It's the non blackout evf and silent sensor that really makes the Sony the only option looking forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if all audible cameras got banned at events.

>>3060132
For something to be "weather sealed" it needs an ip rating, this means no holes ANYWHERE on the body. This has HUGE drawbacks to product design, especially if you're going small. It also opens the doors to a whole raft of legal cases to do with water damage.

So they call it dust and moisture resistant, it's probably fine in strong rain and been overengineered to cope with drizzle and with sonys new pro service, repairs/replacements will be done on the spot. HOWEVER 'resistant' is not 'proof' and morons will be morons and if they feel they have been sold on the weather proofing and dunk it in the sea and it corrodes the inside, look who gets a blown out of all proportion negative news story? ;)
>>
>>3059892
it depends on the buyers.
>>
>>3059892
And they'll still take the same trash images.
>>
>>3060327
>I wouldn't be surprised if all audible cameras got banned at events.
This would be great, its getting fucking ridiculous with the 1D's ad D5's going like BRRRR all the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkxVbYxy-c
>>
>>3060368
*hits cameraman with boompole*
>>
File: 1281443391777.jpg (93KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1281443391777.jpg
93KB, 480x480px
>>3060368
I'm almost certain photographers are larger attention whores than photo models at this point.

They aren't even using the right tool for the right job. It's not life and death, there is no action, it's just two stationary men in a chair.
It's like they are over compensating for something with their equipment.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2010:08:06 02:09:21
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width480
Image Height480
>>
>>3060368
Jesus fuck, who's that faggot shooting in short bursts repeatedly
>>
>>3060389
Lol, no, only a small handful of those images will be used, and it will be the ones with the best micro expressions.

You can't plan or react to that, just shoot and pray and be the first to cull your shots and send them out.
>>
>>3060389
>two men sitting in a chair hardly moving around
>BRRRRRRRRRRRRAP

Photographers need to learn their place at the back of the room, far behind the video and sound guys. This is the kind of treatment they've earned and deserve.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.