[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Printing advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6

File: achtergrond (1 of 1)-4.jpg (3MB, 5181x2591px) Image search: [Google]
achtergrond (1 of 1)-4.jpg
3MB, 5181x2591px
Hey everyone, i got a couple of questions and i was hoping you could give me some advice.

I have two main questions:
>What is the best material to print it on? (acryll, aluminium etc.)
>Which of the following would look the best when printed.

First of all the material. I was thinking it would look the best printed on aluminium. However acryll is still an option. One problem i have is that the sun will probably shine directly on it, and i've read that an image printed on acryll can than become a very expensive mirror. Thats why my preference went out to aluminium. However i'd like to get your guys' opinion about that. The size will be around 100cm by 50cm (could be 90 by 45 depending on the company that prints it.)

Second of all, i made a bunch of edits and i can't decide which one will look the best when printed. On a computer screen everything ofcourse looks a bit different, so i was hoping maybe someone could give me some advice about what to pay attention to when editing a picture that will be shown on a way larger size then a computer screen.

This first pic is my favourite, so i uploaded it in full size. The following have some colour/contrast adjustments here and there. I'll upload them following the 1000px rule.

Any advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D5300
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.9
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern802
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)78 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution480 dpcm
Vertical Resolution480 dpcm
Image Created2017:04:18 14:29:00
Exposure Time3 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length52.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: achtergrond (1 of 1)-5.jpg (489KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
achtergrond (1 of 1)-5.jpg
489KB, 1000x500px
same one but with a bit more colour

Camera ModelNIKON D5300
Image Created2017:04:18 14:42:57
Exposure Time3 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length52.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: achtergrond (1 of 1)-2.jpg (277KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
achtergrond (1 of 1)-2.jpg
277KB, 1000x500px
Same colour as the first one, but with shadows in the valley reduced. I'm a bit scared that with this one you won't be able to see the hills at all when its printed

Camera ModelNIKON D5300
Image Created2017:04:18 14:41:34
Exposure Time3 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length52.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3059073
Acyrlic is cool, I'd say that fuji flex paper face mounted to acrylic is the best looking way to print (personal opinion) but it's very expensive, prone to mistakes, and I'm unsure of its lifespan with the adhesive on the actual print. Paper is cool, especially if you get something like Kodak metallic or fujiflex paper, but the downside is that you have to get it framed, which can also be very expensive depending on the size.

Canvas sucks in my opinion, the texture if the canvas makes everything look fuzzy and not sharp.

My favorite is the metal prints, it looks good, and doesn't need a frame. However, the biggest thing you want to look out for when printing large is resolution of your image. 100cm, is about 40". And a goI'd rule of thumb is for your image to be 300 pixels for every inch in the photo. So at 40 inches, your image should be about 12,000 on the longest side, and 6,000 on the shorter side. It doesn't HAVE to be this size, but that's the standard when printing images. I'm pretty sure your image isn't even close to that size. So go and download a free trial of Alien skin blow up 3, its a special program devoted to increasing the resolution of images while keeping some sharpness.

If you haven't printed before, it'll be nice to actually see your image printed
>>
File: IMG_1509.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1509.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>worked for photo company

If you're planning on using aluminum it depends on what type of photo it is. Sometimes the mood of the photo will require different surfaces example high gloss, mid gloss, satin, sheer gloss, sheer matte

The pictures I'll post are from sheer glossy metal surface. Perfect for places in your house with no direct sunlight
>>
File: IMG_1510.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1510.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
With these ones you can see the grain in the metal and shines very bright. I love it
>>
>>3059360
>Perfect for places in your house with no direct sunlight
t. 4chan user
>>
File: 20170418_181822.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_181822.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>3059360
>>3059363
I personally don't like the metal look on the metal prints. I get the white background gloss on the metal prints. Some companies offer different finishes like gloss, semigloss, and matte if you prefer one over the other. Pic related are some that I have laying around with the white gloss finished, not the metal finish. And sorry for the resolution, I'm banned on my computer, so I have to fonepost

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-N910V
Camera SoftwareN910VVRS2CPL1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)31 mm
Image Width3264
Image Height1836
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:04:18 18:18:22
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness-1.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.60 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height1836
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image IDH16ULHK02SA
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.