[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crop sensor bues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>Tfw suck at landscapes
>Wanna git gud but I feel crop is hindering it
>Line up shots in viewfinder looks nice, F16
>Take photo, looks meh
>Get home still looks meh
>Mom randomly printed some of my shitscapes
>Suddenly look a bit better

I just want to take good landscapes

Also I shoot pentecks, and I'm too poor to be jumping up to f00l frame.
>>
>>3057763

Don't shoot at noon. Don't clip highlights.

Blaming a crop sensor for your shit technique is like blaming the car for losing the race when you can't even get it into second.
>>
>>3057763
crop has nothing to do with whether your photos are good or not you fucking pleb, you suck not the camera

this is probably bait tho

kill yourself
>>
>>3057763
Dont need ff for landscapes nigger
>>
>>3057763
you just suck, not crop sensors.

It's 2017 and there are over a dozen simple ways to make a panorama with a crop for a wider image than any full frame lens people own.

If you had a 35mm sensor, you'd be blaming it for how much you suck, because fool-frame is miniscule compared to medium format, which is small compared to large format.
>>
>>3057763
F16 is way past diffraction limit, dude.
>crop is hindering it
You are fucked then. Nothing can rescue you if you are limited by crop sensor.
>>
File: IMG_4366.jpg (3MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4366.jpg
3MB, 6000x4000px
Bullshit. I took with with a 80D and kit lens. If you really think it's sensor size get a 35mm and shoot some porta 400.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 80D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:10:13 23:33:26
Exposure Time1/2 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length22.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3057768
+
>>3057789
+
Use a wider lens and frame better. Also consider learning how to post process.
>>
>>3057787
>>3057809
>wider
Fuck off with this meme, it's just as retarded and wrong as thinking you can't use crop for landscapes
>>
>>3057819
I think seeing more in the edges of that image would improve it. Especially on top of the waterfall. It would also increase his DOF which is the only reason I can explain to myself why he would be shooting at f16.

You can use a telephoto for landscape if you are shooting a mountain or if you want to compress the foreground with the background. For shots of a nearby waterfall I think a wide angle would be best.

I might be wrong. I don't shoot a lot of landscapes.
>>
>>3057809
>he fell for the wide angle lenses are for landscapes meme

Sure, go for it if you want boring, flat photos.
>>
>>3057763
are you using fool frame lens or something?
get apsc lens. retard.
>>
>>3057838
For that image I think a wider lens would have been better.
>>
>>3057830
>>3057845
No, a wider lens would not have made this snapshit magically better, the current gear is more than capable. What would have made this image better is OP having actual experience and talent, and not blaming his lack of it on his gear like a faggot
>>
>>3057763
you should start shooting RAW and learn to edit your images (eg. the neon greens ann the overblown sky in your pic suck ass) and then start thinking the solution is buying new gear (which it fucking isn't, but you might think so after spending too much time on this board)

this is golden fucking advice
>>
>>3057845
No
>>3057858
This
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.