[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony are so fucking bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19

File: Sony-Sucks.png (405KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Sucks.png
405KB, 1000x1000px
That they just overtook Nikon in full frame ilc sales.

LOL, it's over, put down your DSLR's and give up on life.

https://photorumors.com/2017/04/14/sony-overtakes-2-position-in-u-s-full-frame-interchangeable-lens-camera-market/

Salt stockmarket prices set to crash as it floods the market.
>>
>>3056846

And Honda sells more cars than Lamborghini.
>>
>>3056846
ITT moopco, masquerading as numerous different anons, will continue to be the stupidest cunt on 4chan
>>
>>3056850
That's because Honda's are at a different price point.

Full frame cameras all occupy a similar price point.

>>3056851
I don't know who moopco is, but I'm glad you're not too salty.
>>
>>3056853
>I don't know who moopco is
good morning moopco
>>
>>3056846
Meh, the I'm really happy with my A7S. I can see why the A7 series sell well.
>>
>>3056846
Canon still has the number one spot compared to everyone and their cameras haven't been technically superior for a number of years now. I think it has more to do with the fact that Sony cameras can adapt almost any lens and it's also the hot new thing that people are grabbing for.

My D810 is amazing to me and I haven't looked at any other camera since buying it, except for the A7S once as a second body since it has nice low light ability. Not worth another $3k though.
>>
remember guys, sage goes in all fields
>>
I'm still waiting for that time in life when people will just wake up, look to their memeless Sonys and realize they spent a fuckload of money and time into a system that's going to crash the whole market soon.
>>
>>3056882
why? i have sony a7r and leica lenses. i dont need more. maybe film leica.
>>
>>3056853

Exactly. I was being fallacious, because that's what your argument is.

The enthusiast DSLR and Mless market is dying at the hands of smart phones.
>>
>>3056850
lambo uses honda engine?
gp2 gp2!
>>
>>3056900
>The enthusiast DSLR and Mless market is dying at the hands of smart phones.

Why did Sony see a 23% increase in sales over the last year of full frame bodies despite not releasing any new bodies?

Sounds to me like everyone's dumping their canikon rigs to go Sony.
>>
>>3056937

Because they recently started from zero, retard.

Statistics isn't for you, kek.
>>
>Source: Sony Electronics

Here's your shekel for my kekkel.
>>
>>3056945
>Because they recently started from zero

Nikon started a century ago, how come they're third now?
>>
>>3056954

Because consumers do what they are told, and Sony is a propaganda master.
>>
>>3056876
Wondering if this is the same faggot that changed the exif of his photos to sage back when it was possible
>>
I'm just surprised their cameras don't install rootkits to disable other companies' cameras. Guess they could only pull that trick off once, huh? I know they're different divisions but Sony is one of the shittiest companies out there in terms of consumer treatment. What, you want to change language on your Japanese camera? Too bad, fuck you! Nice soccer mom camera, buy these apps to enable functionality! Thanks for buying a new camera a few months ago, here's a new version that fixes all the stuff we fucked up! Single slot is a pro feature!
>>
File: 1dii1.jpg (185KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1dii1.jpg
185KB, 1536x1024px
>>3056846
As a camera repair technician of 7 years, I firmly believe that MILCs should be more popular than DSLRs. DSLRs have 3 parts whos position in intensely important for proper focusing, and although they can be calibrated extremely close, they can never be quite exact. Those 3 parts are the image sensor, af sensor, and viewfinder. Those are 3 parts that if their position moves by a few thousandths of a mm, they no longer match each other.

The solution is the MILC. You only have image sensor position to worry about, and even then really only its tilt. The viewfinder and focus matches *exactly* what the image sensor sees

Thats not to say I think DSLRs should disappear. Just like I dont think film should disappear. Sony embraced MILC by going full frame with them. They have the exact right idea.
>>
>>3056945

>who is 90's Minolta R&D
>>
>>3057035

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>3057035
>Minolta did R&D on mirrorless in the 90's
Really makes you think.
>>
>>3057040

>compact cameras are mirrorless
>??????

All MILC really is, glorified point and shoot.

Can't we go back to Pantecks shill threads? Those were actually funny.
>>
>>3057041

Yeah, because by "starting from zero" were talking about Sony's research department and not sales growth in a new product line.

Fuck off retard. I hope you fall asleep at the wheel and kill a bunch of children.
>>
>>3057041
>All MILC really is, glorified point and shoot.

wrong. Point and shoot traditionally have tiny image sensors. MILC use the same exact image sensors as DSLRs. Plus MILCs can accept literally all DSLR lenses.

All DSLRs are are film cameras with image sensors jerry-rigged in place of 35mm film
>see I can say dumb shit too

Get with the times. DSLR is the past, mirrorless is the future
>>
File: 1137-009.jpg (80KB, 850x607px) Image search: [Google]
1137-009.jpg
80KB, 850x607px
>>3057048
>>3057046

t. triggered sony shills

MILC and compact point and snap are literally the same thing but MILC is scaled up. The focus systems are the same just better and MILC has better sensors.

>mirrorless is the future

I had a milc before milc was cool
>>
>>3057052
>I had a milc before milc was cool
mirrorless won't be cool until they can focus and track reliably and still have enough battery power left to take a few pictures
>>
File: alonso-wax-figure-madrid.jpg (42KB, 382x480px) Image search: [Google]
alonso-wax-figure-madrid.jpg
42KB, 382x480px
>>3056905

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>3057052
Id be happy to use Canons full frame MILC. Oh wait...
>>
>>3056905

>responding to beyond obvious bait x2
>>
Canons idea of mirrorless is a little cuck powershot sold by some slut Russian roastie tennis player canikucks btfo
>>
>>3057057
Like anything released from the a7ii onwards?

Also,
>not having intelligent autofocus
You dslr cucks can't even do eye tracking and you have more missed focus shots

>>3057052
>focus systems are the same
No sweetie, ospdaf started on sony milcs.

>>3057035
Because that's what made sony mirrorless so innovative.
You fucking dumb ass fat swamp dwelling sweat fest.

>>3056962
I've not seen a single advert for sony cameras, just lured in by their superior products and tasty innovations.
>>
Ehhh, pro-shooter here. Probably will step up to a couple of Fujifilm GFX 50Ses from my venerable stable Canon EOS 5D Mark IIIs. Was considering a straight update to the Mark IV, but seeing I do a lot more studio work now going Medium format seems like a better option.

Well obviously need to get rid of all my full frame lenses though, so it'll be more gradual rather than all at once.

Murmurings around my city is that most studio pro-shooters are thinking of the same thing, if they're not with Pentax and Hasselblads already.

Full frame has been fun but looking forward to that beautiful MF sensor ;^)
>>
>>3057177
>Like anything released from the a7ii onwards?
ahahahah, by the time it gets something in focus the battery is flat
>>
>>3057177
>he actually thinks Sony's mirrorless cameras are capable of good autofocusing
Try something that's actually moving fast, with a lens with little depth of field.
>he doesn't know that other brands have eye tracking AF with DSLRs

>ospdaf started on sony milcs.
But that's not the Nikon V1.
>>
>>3057204

>pro-shooter here

Neck yourself my dude
>>
I love my A7ii
>>
>>3057211
I get better af performance from my mc11 on a7ii than I do on my 60d, it's just as fast but much more accurate.

>>3057212
>he thinks dslr's can tell what they're focusing on.

Think this one through for a moment buddy, sony can do eye tracking because the camera knows what an eye looks like and the sensor relays the whole image to be processed. A dslr focuses with a laser and a distance sensor, how is that going to know what an eye is?

Anti sony fags in full butthurt mode.
>>
>>3057204
Whats better for low light and astrophotography; Medium Format or Full Frame? The reason I think Full Frame may be superior here is the availability of faster lenses. For example, for a normal 50mm lens, I can find f1.2 lenses easily. Is there anything in MF that can gather as much light?
>>
>>3057223
Full frame. (Well, a7rii)
Better sensor technology (bsi) negates the marginally larger sensor on the sub $25k mf bodies.
>>
>>3057226
Isnt the A7S2 the better low-light / astro camera? The R2 does have the backlit sensor, but not sure if it makes up for the enormous pixel pitch the S2 has
>>
>>3057230
The a7sii is better for video in low light for sure, and at 100% crop it's cleaner.

But if you resample an a7rii still down to 12mp it pretty much wrecks the a7sii.
>>
>>3057232
7s2 is better at high iso though
>>
>>3057219
>A dslr focuses with a laser and a distance sensor, how is that going to know what an eye is?
Sonyfags confirmed for not knowing what the fuck they're talking about. There's no lasers involved, and what do you think the RGB metering sensor is for?
>>
>A company which has the financial power to make cameras, laptops, TVs, mp3 players, stereos, gaming consoles, headphones, films, music, and mobile phones has just now managed to outsell a company which relies almost solely on cameras and optics.

How long did you think it was going to be before the Sony behemoth caught up?
>>
>>3057482
>How long did you think it was going to be before the Sony behemoth caught up?
Honestly they should have caught up a lot sooner.

Sony was making easy mistakes to fix, for YEARS, like their shitty physical controls and menus, and their lack of good lenses that aren't priced insanely high.

Sony's been compensating by pricing their bodies cheaper than the competition, which includes the a7, which is clearly the cheapest entry to full frame.

A lot of low-level enthusiasts just want that full-frame sensor, and they don't care that Sony's lens selection is still god awful. More power to them.

There's room for many kinds of buyers in this world.

Not sure why the OP feels the need to be an ass-pained fan boy about it. Who gives a shit. Competition is great for the consumer.
>>
>>3057516
Sony has the best mirrorless lens selection there is right now with plenty of third party offerings and adapter support. Your meme is stale.
>>
>>3057516
I agree, i bought the sony A7 just to use it for manual focus on random lens' i came across.
The focus peaking was one of the biggest selling points for me.

Also the fact that its small as fuck.
>>
>>3057543
>Sony has the best mirrorless lens selection there is right now
lol that would clearly be m4/3, who do you think you're kidding.

And I like how you qualify it has "the best MIRRORLESS" support when Sony was being actually being compared to Canon and Nikon in this thread.

It's like going to a racing thread and saying "YEAH BUT MY F-150 HAULS MULCH BETTER THAN YOUR LAMBO LOL"
>>
File: sony is JPG.jpg (92KB, 985x636px) Image search: [Google]
sony is JPG.jpg
92KB, 985x636px

>>
File: thesunisastar.png (75KB, 994x498px) Image search: [Google]
thesunisastar.png
75KB, 994x498px
this is now a /p/ meme thread, havent had one for so long, fuck, you people are gay
>>
>>3057594
Are you fucking retarded? The Sony is the lambo. The Gmaster 85mm has the best bokeh of any lens that exists, period.

Sonys lens offerings aren't perfect, but they're fucking great and what it doesn't have it can adapt. On top of all that, the selection is growing every quarter, meanwhile Nikkor is getting increasingly worse QC and Canons fast glass is worse than sonys at the same price point. The only real innovators like rokinon, sigma, and Fuji are all making e mount offerings.

Your meme mirror doesn't mean shit faggot.
>>
>>3057603
>has the best bokeh of any lens that exists

YEAH! And Sony bodies have the best bokeh of any Cameras that exist too ner ner

Signed moopco
>>
>>3057605
The salt market is crashing hard
>>
>>3057609
>salt
great riposte poopchute, got any others
>>
>>3057516
>Sony's lens selection
if you count lenses that can be adapted and manually controlled, sony, along with all MILCs, has a vast amount of lenses that will work. Like practically every DSLR lens ever.

>>3057550
I also have an A7 that I primarily use with old manual lenses. I find focus peaking somewhat inaccurate on very shallow DOFs though. I keep focus peaking assigned to a custom button though to easily turn it on and off
>>
>>3057693

>A7
muh latest technology

>old manual lenses
muh luddite lenses

>inb4
muh dumb salt references
>>
>>3057594
Professional photographers and videographers are leaving Canon and other DSLRs in droves and flocking to Sony full frame MILCs

Im not a Sony fanboy. Im an MILC fanboy, and a full frame fanboy. Not my fault Canon and other camera manufacturers are too retarded to realize that full frame MILC is the future. You dont have to be a rocketman to figure this out. Sony has just embraced the obviously superior design

Canon were last to even come out with an MILC, so fuck them. At least theyre headed there, the M5 is pretty nice. Too bad they dont have a full frame. Theres rumors of Canon using an EF mount, but there goes all the advantages of a short flange focal distance

Nikon chose to go with a 1" sensor. Thats just too small. Adapting 35mm lenses to these results in a crop factor of like 2.5X, which is just too damn much. But this platform is still good for adapting 4/3 lenses, C-mount, etc. But it will never be able to compete with APS-C or FF.

Micro 4/3 is nice. The 2x crop factor isnt terrible, but its not anywhere near ideal either. Again, the sensor is just too small to get professionals to ditch what they have and switch over

tl/dr; we arent sony fanboys, we just like the (obviously superior in everyway that matters) full frame MILC
>>
>>3057603
>Fuji are ... making e mount offerings.
what? really?
>>
File: IMG_8888s.jpg (932KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8888s.jpg
932KB, 1536x1024px
>>3057697
Have fun replacing your mirror box when it fails

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T1i
Lens Size17.00 - 85.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.1.1
Serial Number0420100499
Lens NameEF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:12:01 18:54:17
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating12800
Lens Aperturef/9.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1536
Image Height1024
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeTv-Priority
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed384
Color Matrix129
>>
>>3057709

But a shutter is far more fragile and prone to failure than the mirror.
>>
File: ap02mf.jpg (963KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
ap02mf.jpg
963KB, 2048x1365px
>>3057711
Shutters are not fragile. Shutters and Mirror Boxes usually fail for the same reason; metal fatigue of springs or other metal parts which flex constantly

See pic related for part of shutter that actually fails (metal which acts as a switch to tell when curtain is down).

Mirror boxes have many more parts to fail

Equipment MakeCanon
Lens Size17.00 - 85.00 mm
Serial Number0420100499
Lens NameEF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Image Created2016:12:05 21:43:12
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length85.00 mm
Image Width2048
Image Height1365
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Exposure ModeTv-Priority
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed288
Color Matrix129
>>
>>3057713

That must be why you hear about mirror boxes failing all the time and not shutters.
>>
>>3057715

Oh, and why Sony has such a great reputation for reliability. ;)
>>
File: IMG_8847small.jpg (497KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8847small.jpg
497KB, 1350x900px
>>3057713
>>3057711
heres a clearer angle

Shutters are much easier to replace than mirror boxes. Many MILCs have electronics first curtain shutters, and some even have fully electronic shutters. EFCSs work very well, fully electronic shutters currently cause image noise. But fully electronic shutters may eventually replace mechanical shutters

Equipment MakeCanon
Serial Number0420100499
Lens NameEF50mm f/1.8 II
Image Created2017:04:15 21:42:24
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
Lens Aperturef/4.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1350
Image Height900
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Exposure ModeProgram
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeExternal Flash
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed224
Color Matrix129
>>
>>3057703
Literally only 2 cinema lenses, and the sony fags are all claiming the end of fuji.
>>
>>3057715
Right because what do I know? :^)

FYI, mirror boxes *do* fail all the time. Sure, shutters fail more often. But shutters are easy as fuck to replace. Mirror boxes require a complete rebuild of the camera including every single alignment and optical adjustment there is
>>
>>3057723
Fuji at least innovate, its why they will survive. Their X-trans image sensors without AA filter was a good idea and worked out well. No one else was doing it. Now theyre the only ones doing medium format MILC relatively affordably.
>>
So many butthurt canikonfags itt

>MUH mirror, MUH mirror muhfucka

Literally the only difference between full frame milc and canikon shit is some ghetto rigged mirror bullshit. Nikon even uses the same Bayer sensors as Sony MILCs.

If you're going to be a canikon faggot and boo hoo about Sony why don't you start by telling us about how that mirror makes your pictures magically better

Protip: it doesnt
>>
>>3057734

>mirrorless fags starting thread after thread
>everyone else is butthurt and obsessed

k
>>
>>3057753
>mirrorlesscunts will actually defend this
>>
>>3057753
>why don't you start by telling us about how that mirror makes your pictures magically better

>wahhhhhh you guys make a lot of threads waaaaaaaaa
>>
>>3057223
I just returned a couple of late '90s astrophoto books at the library.
Both were very much in favour of MF apart for their price.
Much more populated pictures and better details.
The main recommendation was to pick a camera with best film flatness.
Mamiyas being so so and Pentaxes being best.
>>
>>3057594
>m43 lenses are best

Lol, no.
In terms of apparent sharpness it doesn't get worse than m43. No point having race tires on a clapped out old fiesta. A nd let's be objective, sony have the best oem lenses on the market right now.

>>3057776
Have you seen any other rebuttal to sony ever?
>>
>>3057753
>mirrorless fags starting thread after thread
Actually it's just poopco. isi hasn't posted a thread for a while and he's feeling neglected
>>
>>3057833
I see a lot more people whining over moopco and sony than anything else, I'm going to presume it's all you as you always shy away from quantifying your distaste from gear better than yours and photographers better than you.

But no one listens to anons because they are too beta to even be identifiable.
>>
>>3057835
Sure thing thomas
>>
>>3057840
Who's thomas?

Do you need to take a seat?
>>
>>3057835
>I see a lot more people whining over moopco and sony than anything else

Does it rustle your jimmies moopy dear? Perhaps it's because there's more Sony threads shitposted than anything else. If there were none nobody would have anything to whine about now would they.
>>
>>3057731

X-trans is terrible right now.

>https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/

Maybe in a couple generations it will deliver, but as it stands it is a special snowflake sidegrade that causes more issues(piss poor raw support) than it fixes.

And the GF-X is a joke. Not real medium format, and performs only marginally better than a FF camera.

Oh and it is massive (even compared to other MF) an, has no lenses.
>>
>>3057875
I'm not moopco, looks like you're back to unsubstantiated whining though.

Seriously pal, how has your life come to this?

>>3057877
The gfx also has a welded sensor, made up of 4 smaller sensors. As each sensor has slightly different performance, in high iso shots you can see the joins, and as time goes on that will get more and more apparent as the sensors die at different rates.

And x-trans is beyond a joke
>we've found the most efficient way to RGB filter
>hey man, it's not all about numbers, photography is about feeling, and I feel like clumping the colours up, I'm also really progressive and because we've changed what happens in the crotch of the camera, ima call it x-trans.
>fuji bruh, even no personality, always pleasant adobe thinks you're being a dick and won't support you.
>it's alright, I paid the shitty edgelord that smells like fish turds to be my friend, everybody, meet silkypix. Anyways there's also a dude in his basement that's like freaking obsessed with fixing my issues, he can do it, but I hate him so we're not officially friends.
>fuji,get your shit together, get it all together and put it in a back pack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it some where, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in the shit museum. I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
>I glued 4 cisbayer genitals together
>jesusfuckingchristfuji.
>>
>>3057886
>I'm not moopco
yeah, you always say that but everyone knows you are
>>
>>3057734
Nobody really said that. There is a LOT of talk of how the lack of mirror is incredibly innovative and every manufacturer who hasn't picked it up should be completely ashamed of themselves. Meanwhile neither the mirror or lack of it makes photos but gear fags gonna gear fag as always.
>>
>>3057886
>As each sensor has slightly different performance, in high iso shots you can see the joins, and as time goes on that will get more and more apparent as the sensors die at different rates.

[citation needed]
>>
File: 4-sensors.jpg (165KB, 1380x1030px) Image search: [Google]
4-sensors.jpg
165KB, 1380x1030px
>>3057897
Ta-da nigger.

>>3057894
I'm not, but how does the person posting change it's contents? Are you projecting your insecurities onto an imaginary shitposter? Sad, very sad.

Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Image Width1380
Image Height1030
>>
>>3057901
>eight minute exposure of the inside of the body cap at +5ev
desperate
>>
>>3056846
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84-XGKmjdt8

>mfw gonna stick with ef-m
>>
>>3057921
>contact Sony and try to get it fixed

kek
>>
>>3057914
>iso 100

an equivalent would be 30s at iso 1600, pretty common settings for astro, where boosting whites is common. I'd be pretty pissed if my astro shots looked like i had shot them through a window.
>>
>>3057901
fujifags BTFO, that is amateur hour.
>>
>>3057940

>Sony sensor
>>
File: IMG_0025.jpg (64KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.jpg
64KB, 645x773px
Hurr hurrr poopco

Mirror stronk

Muh mirror muhfucka

Mirror make picture more better fur sum raisin, muh mirror muhfucka

Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Width645
Image Height773
>>
Nikon userbase and Sony userbase have both in common they are sensor enthusiasts.
So when Sony goes a little bit up, Nikon goes a little bit down.
The exact same phenomena was shown in Germany and Denmark where Sony was(is?) number 1. Sony goes a little bit up, Nikon goes a little bit down, Canon remains unchanged.

It's also happened before in Europe.
November and December 2015
>The German site Heise.de reports that Sony confirmed that in November and December they sold more Full Frame cameras than both Nikon and Canon. Sony sold 34% of all FF cameras and surpassed Nikon and Canon for the first time.

August 2015
>Planet5D posted that video interview with Conversation with Michael Schielhlen, Senior Director from Zeiss. There are a couple of info to share:
>In August for the very first time Sony sold more interchangeable cameras than Nikon and Canon

And we know this is also because Sony keeps some very special sensors to themselves. This strategy is bearing fruit.
The 42MP BSI sensor, and the 12MP video sensor were the top performers according to the article:
>The popularity of key models including α7RII and α7SII has been paramount to this success.
So basically, there is a market of photographers who regard sensors with importance, and Sony has some advantages in this market and plays their card well.
>>
>>3057946
>muh no mirror muhfugga
>carry 4 battery for street shoot
>muh street snapshit be gud muhfugga
>*battery dies*
>>
>>3057971
That's not the full story. According to heise.de both Nikon and Canon had declined sales, while Sonys sales increased. Without Sony the market of FF cameras would have been shrinked down a bit, instead there was still a growth of a few percent, thanks only to Sonys success.
>>
>>3057886
>the life and times of fuji
I fucking died, gj.
>>
>>3057971
>Sony keeps some very special sensors to themselves. This strategy is bearing fruit.
>The 42MP BSI sensor, and the 12MP video sensor were the top performers according to the article:

Why you so mean Sony?

We all know Nikon body + Sony sensor is the best combo.
Don't force us to choose between you two.
>>
>>3057921
This is why I only buy lenses in a physical store.

Why would anyone risk buying a lens they haven't tested?
>>
>>3058372
bentax image processing > nigon
just saiyan
>>
>>3058372
Nikon has too big a flange, bad for any lens wider than 50mm.

Makes sense to put best sensor in the mount that has the most potential.

Also, why are nigon/bentax/fugi so lazy and not make their own good sensors?
>>
>>3058376
they let you unseal the boxes?
>>
>>3058421
Unless you live in the united cucks of cuckmenistan you can always return a product.

In the UK you can return anything bought in store for any reason within 7 days, 14 days if bought online and 30 days if it's non electric and has a fault. If it's electronic and is powered or charges off the mains, you get a minimum 2 year warranty with whoever the retailer is (not the mfg) and up to 6 years if there's an expectation of quality (5 years in scotland), this covers a product not meeting expectation, if you could show that your lens performs worse than an identical model (and has done since purchase), you could return it at full cost any time within 6 years of purchase.

Retailers fucking hate the consumer rights act, so be prepared to go to small claims, but these issues are resolved swiftly once they know you're not fucking around.

I've used this law to get refunds off ebay, vodafone and microsoft twice.

Dont be a cuck, know your rights and don't live in the states.
>>
>>3058425
Pretty much this, most large retail outlets are now fully house trained in U.K.

I've exchanged walking boots after a year of solid use when the rubber started degrading, and an iPad Air outside of warranty when the battery stopped charging.
>>
>>3058430
Omg, I helped a friend get her macbook pro sorted 2 years after her applecare ended.

Shop was insistent that they only offered a one year warranty, a bit of legal back and forth later and she's signing an nda and getting hooked the fuck up.
>>
File: 1.png (41KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
41KB, 700x700px
>>3058372
It's not a question of evil, it's about survival in a shrinking market.

For what it's worth though, they are making a new 150MP back illuminated sensor with +15 stop DR, 16 bit analog-digital conversion.
This will be the best sensor they will have ever made by far, and it's available to anyone who wants to pay for it.
>>
Did nikons gear get stolen at nab? No
Did canons? No
Did bentaxs? No
Did fuji's? Lol
Did Sony's? Of course it did, because it's the only gear anyone is interested in
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-18-09-47-27.png (188KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-18-09-47-27.png
188KB, 1080x1920px
Oh, and fuji have given up on x mount. Kek.
>>
>>3058987
or fuji users aren't gotta-catch-em-all style gearfags but instead gearfag over more patrician matters like the appearance and ergonomics of the camera.

Any modern camera can take a good picture. Not any modern camera can disarm random people with its charm.
>>
>>3058988
>I don't care if my system dies out and all my lenses lose 90% of their value, because I have a round, rubber eyecup.

Fuji user mentality is strange.
>>
>>3058993
I don't care about my lens' resale value, because I use them until they're worthless anyway.
I'm a photographer, not a lens collector. Cheaper lenses just means I can replace my copies easier.

I don't think Fuji is in any danger of dying out though, they're having trouble meeting demand on the X100F.

Sony user mentality is so strange.
>>
>>3058993
>when he doesnt realize he's projecting his own insecurity over lacking a round rubber eyecup
hey man I never mentioned eye-cups, my xpro2 doesn't have one of those.
>>
>>3058994
>I use my lenses until they're worthless

I've got lenses from the 70's that still haven't lost value, presuming fuji lenses are as magic as fuji users claim, I presume you will still be using your fuji x mount gear in 2060?

Or are you saying fuji lenses are cheap trash that lose all their value in a couple of years?

>>3058995
Lol, you're illiterate. Typical fuji user.
>>
>>3058997
>I've got lenses from the 70's that still haven't lost value,
that's because some old man bought them and didn't use them much, then you bought them at his estate sale.

My Leitz IIIg setup that my grandfather left me is quite minty too. I don't use it. Neither did he. That's why its so minty.

I'm sorry your use of your camera equipment is so rare that your 40 year old lenses are pristine. Wish I could help.
>>
>>3058999
Please explain how using a lens kills it?
It's really not hard to clean elements and re-lube helicoids, but both of these issues are caused by environmental factors, not use/misuse.

And a couple of my lenses have completely worn down the click mech on the aperture ring, to say they've not been used much is pretty hilarious.
>>
>>3059001
Theres a big difference between using your lenses in industrial environments and using your vintage Zeiss-Jena lenses on your A7II on a tripod in Bristol's town center to shoot your dog.

You're embarrassing, honestly.
>>
>>3059008
>using your lenses in industrial environments

So your lenses are dying because they're being exposed to smog? Let's cut to the chase, have you killed any lens except by physical damage?
>>
>>3056851
Isi will always be the biggest retard in the history of /p/ with moopco pretty close behind.
>>
>>3059008
>my new fuji lenses die because I take photos of bins on industrial estates

Girlslaughing.jpeg
>>
Is*
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-19-12-28-52.png (280KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-19-12-28-52.png
280KB, 1080x1920px
Hold onto your dicks boys
>>
File: 1446703262644.gif (926KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446703262644.gif
926KB, 500x500px
>>3059569
Based Sony, once again pushing the boundaries of mirrorless.
>>
>>3059569
A7SIII :O =/
>>
>>3059580
A7 PRO SRX MMCCLXIV.

To be replaced in a month by the A7 PRO SRX MMCCLXV, with 4K!
>>
>>3059589
>no full frame models released for a year and a half
>each of it's full frame models is highly specialised

>HURRRRRR HERE COMES ANOTHER MONTH AND ANOTHER SONY BODY, BETTER REPLACE IT NEXT MONTH.

anti sony guys are hilariously angry.
>>
>>3059569
>there will be people ITT who will unirionically believe that this is real
>>
Sony wins again
>>
>>3059599
It's an SR5, that usually means he has a really reliable source.

>It will challenge Nikon and Canon
That's the expectation. They seem to be very confident.
>>
http://www.ustream.tv/sony

By the way, Sony is about to unveil their true PRO camera, in a moment.

>>3056947

Source is NPD:

https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-overtakes-2-position-in-u-s-full-frame-interchangeable-lens-camera-market/
>>
File: 1384152152214.gif (474KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
1384152152214.gif
474KB, 188x174px
Dat GM 100-400.
>>
>>3059671
With the recent trend in Sony telezooms optically outperforming Canon equivalents, I wouldn't even doubt that they beat the Canon 100-400 in terms of IQ. But dual linear motors + SSM motors for faster focusing? And adjustable zoom ring friction? Fuck it has everything I ever wanted in a lens.
>>
>>3060122
Don't forget that 3 feet minimum focus distance. That makes for a 400mm 1:2 macro. Game changing.
>>
File: 1492659168-1-700x838.jpg (77KB, 700x838px) Image search: [Google]
1492659168-1-700x838.jpg
77KB, 700x838px
There is a new and cheap pancake for E-mount.
Low price, with AF, for people who mostly shoot F8 anyway.
Small enough to fit jacket pocket.
>>
>>3060512
>Pancake
You must like pancakes as thick and doughy as you are you fat fuck
>>
>>3060512

Looks about the same as the Zeiss 35mm f 2.8.

How does image quality compare?
>>
>>3060512
The other 50 mm from samyang had a shitty slow af, so hopefully they changed something in this one
>>
File: 1413176991683.gif (2MB, 650x391px) Image search: [Google]
1413176991683.gif
2MB, 650x391px
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTGi-RHDNIb/
>Does it come in NX mount?
>Does it come for k mount???
>Is this mft ?
>What about mft?????
These poor creatures. Well, I suppose they technically could turn it into NX mount and MTF. But NX is dead, and I'm not sure why MFT people would want this.

>>3060547
The pieces of glass on 35mm F2,8 are small as fuck. It's going to be blazing fast I'm guessing.
>>
>>3060560
>>3060547

The article I saw said it had same AF as the 50mm.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.