[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to be sad to make great art? [EXIF data available.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: P1120358.jpg (230KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
P1120358.jpg
230KB, 1200x900px
Do you have to be sad to make great art?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GF3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)40 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4000
Image Height3000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:02:25 23:14:08
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length20.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height900
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
No. Any other questions?
>>
>>3052956
You must be really happy, because that photo is really terrible
>>
Usually yes. If you are happy/satisfied with your life, your art will be complacent / ironic. When the only functioning thing in your life is art, you are off to a good start.
>>
there is good sad and bad sad. bad sad is the one that lefts you empty without motivation to do anything aka. common depression.

good sad is often a mix of melancholy and introspection. that one is good for creative purposes, since youre not numb like in the bad sad state, but with a hightened sensibility and awareness of the world. this type of sad can be summoned with alcohol, to some degree, but you have to sport that personality type.
>>
Results will vary depending on certain emotion.
>>
No but melancholy has proved to be a powerful tool for expression.

>>3053169

mentioned a valid point.

See Yung on creativity

https://carljungdepthpsychologysite.blog/2013/05/18/a-person-must-pay-dearly-for-the-divine-gift-2/
>>
>>3052964
I don't think so, bye
>>
>>3052956
it helps
>>
>>3052956
This depends IMO on what the objective in your artwork even is. If you're trying to express yourself emotionally there is a wide variety of emotions available to express. You will probably go through emotional pain here and there as you're working but it may not necessarily reflect in the final pieces themselves.

>>3053171
Agree with this, being in touch with your emotions means inevitably feeling sadness or even anger, but without irrationally reacting to it and causing all sorts of damage.
>>
Nope - but being introspective and/or existentialist was advantageous to the modern art movements and artists.

Dali
>wtf goes on in my head when i'm asleep? I can make money out of pretending to be loony.
Warhol
>If I make lots of reproductions of the shit people see every day that will show them how shit they are by exposing how fascinated they are by bright colors, cheap fame and repetitive patterns.
Pollock
>FUCK - I have no idea how to properly express how fucked up I am inside. SQUIGGLES.
Mondrian
>Stop making everything so fucking complicated! Straight lines, and blocks of color, yes, thats all you need. Thats nice, very neat, yes, DONT TOUCH IT.
>Bacon
AAARGHHGH Everything is pain and discomfort and shit and sex and dirty reality. Stop being so fucking stuffy darling - here have some dog shit.
>Hirst
You see this dead thing? Its dead. It was alive once, but now its not - how do you feel about that? Is it still beautiful now i've killed it? Or does it disgust you? Also you take too many pills dickhead.
>Duchamp
Fuck your idea of what art is - art is whatever you want to be art. Ignore all the previous ideas about beauty, its all about ideas and, most importantly, the first concept. Anyone can make art. Being able to paint isnt important, is it?...
>Koons
If i make things you see regularly seem huge, or gilt them or suspend them in formaldehyde, does that change how you consider them? Does that change your definition? Doe it alter your reality, or the respect you have for them?
>George Grosz and Otto Dix
Do you see how fucked up we all are? how ugly we all are? FUCK. We are bad people. We are ignorant, racist, sexist, shitheads who live in shit and thrive on self indulgence.
>The Futurists
Do everything faster! More energy, everything is fucked, we must unite! We must become more dynamic! More machine-like! One people! One State! One Art!
>Frida Kahlo
Damn im fucked up - bodys all busted up... But i still love me though. I'm still pretty awesome.
>>
>>3053895
lol good ol Burt
Love the accuracy of Warhol
>>
>>3052956
No. You need to feel emotion. Happy, angry, sad, bored, afraid, whatever
>>
>>3053182
bye? This isn't highschool fucktard, your shitty insults don't work her. girls like you piss me off
>>
File: 1491084044972.png (83KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491084044972.png
83KB, 270x320px
>>3053895
why did you switch the format halfway through
>>
>>3054975
To find out who would notice and fuck them.

Are you ready to receive my limp penis?
>>
File: _DSC9329.jpg (433KB, 1080x718px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC9329.jpg
433KB, 1080x718px
>>3053900
this, you have to transmit an emotion through your photos, be it any

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareVer.1.04
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3054975

That's his artistic posting style
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.