[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kodak HIE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: LRM_EXPORT_20170406_180405.jpg (766KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
LRM_EXPORT_20170406_180405.jpg
766KB, 1440x1440px
Sup /p/.

Picked up a few rolls of Kodak HIE infrared film in Tokyo and plan on taking shooting them up tomorrow. Any suggestions or advice from personal experince? I don't expect to be spoonfed basics, I've read a shitton but wanna hear som personal experiences.

I will be developing the rolls here in Japan myself, so baggage check xrays etc. won't be a problem.

Thanks.
>>
Oh, plan on tossing them in a Canon AE-1 Program, and have no IR filter, so hoping you guys might know some stuff about shooting with/without a filter.

Sage cause I'm not gonna be that shitlord who bumps his own shit 5 minutes after posting.
>>
File: IRPalms.jpg (80KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
IRPalms.jpg
80KB, 700x460px
You need a red 25 filter. Go buy one or you're wasting your time. With the filter on, set the meter to 400 and shoot away.

Where'd you get it from? / how much did it cost?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2007:07:09 12:30:21
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width700
Image Height460
>>
File: MetalTree.jpg (124KB, 516x650px) Image search: [Google]
MetalTree.jpg
124KB, 516x650px
Obviously you want to try to find scenes with lots of green...otherwise it will look pretty damn close to regular b/w. Also, I'd wait for sunny days. It's going to be cloudy AF for the next week here in Mie-ken. Hope you're getting some sun over there.

Scan of a print.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2007:05:07 18:00:00
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width516
Image Height650
>>
>>3052647
I just shot a roll a few weeks ago now and have a shot from it here >>3051099 and used a R72 filter.

Load it it total darkness because it will fog if you load it normal

I rated it at 50asa without the filter and then shot through the filter and bracketed 1 stop either side with pretty good results.

shoot in sunlight,to get the white plants and leaves, smog or overcast will leave it gray and dull
>>
>>3052736
Gotcha. I'll pick up a filter on my way out. Got it at a consignment shop in Akihabara for 1000 yen a roll. Hopefully where it came from wasn't somewhere too warm/in bright light.

>>3052739
True, which is why I saved it for cherry blossom season over here. Lots of green and other plant life. Lots of sun in the forecast tomorrow. If it turns out cloudy, I am going to postpone.

>>3052746
Yeah, just loaded it in my bathroom in pitch dark, as I had read in some of the articles I've found. Took a look at the shot you took, Nature stuff (at least for me) is super hard to get good composition for but yours looks nice. Will take your info into account. Cheers mango.
>>
>>3052759
Also, read that a good starting point is to set ASA to 400 and F/11 and find a bright sunny scene that will give around 1/125 (and presumably any equivalent) and bracketing 1 stop under and over for starters. Thoughts? >>3052746 seems to suggest the same but with 50ASA. Not sure what to do, and don't really want to "experiment" or rather fuck around too much since I don't know when I'll run across HIE again.
>>
File: 17165100883_bd06932de2_b.jpg (56KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
17165100883_bd06932de2_b.jpg
56KB, 650x433px
>>3052759
Dunno man, cherry blossoms are already white. Save it for when they flood the rice fields or something. As far as exposure goes what you said here sounds perfect. >>3052763
>>
>>3052759
Can you give me the address of the store I'd like to pick some up later this week.
>>
>>3053024
can you tell me more about this photo?
>>
>>3053265
Dude It was a consignment shop so I took all they had.

Also hate to bump my almost dead thread, but I really can't afford a filter right now. Honestly I don't have another opportunity to shoot up the cherry blossoms here. There is a box of red filters for the condenser enlarger at my uni here, would I be able to just tape one to the front of my lens? If not, my bad for asking what's probably the most retarded thing ever asked on /p/. But I am kinda in a bind. 井の頭公園 looks bomb as fuck with the fallen petals (granted I don't know if the dead shit reflects much IR light) but I'd like to get something for now.
>>
I have two rolls, but they were taken out of the container in light (indoors daylight). How bad will it be fogged?
>>
Got a filter that blocks all visible light and took them as I said I would in >>3052763 but after developing, while on the film "Kodak HIE" and the exposure numbers showed up, its all blurry looking TV static in appearance with no exposures. Is the filter I got (pic related) the wrong kind? Is a dark red one what I actually need?

welp, glad I got both the rolls the old man had at the shop I found them.
>>
>>3055364
Dude, go digging through the filter bins at any used camera shop. Should find countless filters for a couple hundred yen. Even a brand new one should cost you <1000¥
>>
>>3056208
1)lenses have different focal points for far infrared and HIE goes up to 900nm so you have to adjust focus. it helps to read a single fucking thing about the stuff you want to do online before you actually do it.
2)you need to actually compensate for the opaque filter in front of the film, even with a decade expired very well ir sensitized film like this. at least 3-4 stops overexposure, I'm totally guessing?
>>
>>3052647

Where do I buy this? I've been looking for this as well, can't even find it on online shops. I live in the Netherlands if it matters
>>
>>3056238
Before claiming someone hasn't done reading, should read the thread yourself. If you head gotten two words into my post >>3052763 you'd know I've done research. I had read a lot of articles, but being an idiot I just assumed that with a filter blocking anything under ~650nm that exposure would be the same since IR light is, well, light and would work the same as the visible shit for a film like HIE.

Granted I should have dug a bit deeper, maybe you should have also tried reading the thread a bit more, not just, presumably, the first post and the last one.

>>3056248
Couldn't tell you, just stumbled across it in a consignment shop in Tokyo. Sorry man.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.