[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

matching histograms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Paint-Colors-568x388.jpg (60KB, 568x388px) Image search: [Google]
Paint-Colors-568x388.jpg
60KB, 568x388px
sup /p/
is there an automatic way of matching histograms of a two versions of the same photo?

lets say i have one raw version of a photo and one jpg version with a proprietary effect applied (this can be a complex combination of curves, levels, saturation etc..). i want to apply the same effect to the raw version. I tried frequency separation and replacing the lower layer with the correct colors but since the jpg version is lower quality it induced some nasty artefacts to the edges. maybe if there was a way how to analyze the histograms and then do the color matching...
any ideas?
>>
>>3050913
The histogram alone doesn't contain enough information.
Different images can share the same histogram.
>>
>>3050952
sure but I'm not talking about (truly) different images. I'm talking about reverse engineering of a image if you have original raw file
>>
Assuming the pixels in the frame are of basically the same things under the same light, then you could probably use:
https://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-sample-colorize.html
>>
can you input any image to the back box? try to feed with a haldclut image, upscaled 2x to defeat any chroma downsampling. from there you can make a numerical LUT or use it as-is.
>>
>>3050913
why did you do the edits to a jpeg??
>>
>>3051358

Not OP, but say your catalog/xmp and backups get lost. You still have a jpeg of the final product as well as the raw file. You would like to recreate the jpeg you did originally with minimal time and effort. That could be one reason. I know because it happened to me when I first started but luckily I didn't have many photos and it didn't take long to get back to what I wanted.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.