[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So tell us anon, what got you into photography? How much money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Interview.jpg (16KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Interview.jpg
16KB, 300x200px
So tell us anon, what got you into photography?
How much money have you made out of your hobbie?
>>
>>3050408

Someone showed me some shitty long exposures on a Canon 40D

Hundreds of thousands of dollars
>>
I lied and said I knew how to use a DSLR in a job interview

All of a sudden I had to learn... they got me a 6d

Couple thousand... nothing crazy
>>
>>3050408
My older sister bought a fancy new DSLR and I thought that shit looks pretty cool, she gave me her old Lumix waterproof P&S and I was hooked.

Only money I've made is from selling gear for profit, maybe around $800 all up over a long period. It would be cool in future to sell some prints, but I'm really not worried about making money from something I do for fun
>>
>>3050501
how do I get into selling gear for profit?
>>
0, I have a job

It's called a hobby for a reason
>>
>>3050677
look for good deals, sell for more
>>
>>3050408
I wanted something completely different to relax and I also wanted it to do more with my other hobbies including traveling.
As I said it is my hobby, I don't make any money out of it. I have a proper job to make money for my hobby and travels as well.
>>
>>3050408
>money
>not measuring your success in pussy
>>
What do you mean you have a proper job? Photographers and Videographers make a lot of money. I myself film 3 videos a week and take promotional photos for a living and I'm doing great. Photography is a proper job
>>
>>3050742
I assume you asked me >>3050726
I do service and counseling for major industry companies in quality assurance, material sciences, environment, and production, already developing a respected name in my field.
If you have a car or travel by planes or railway I probably had something to do with the parts production, testing, materials validation and such.
10+ years experience in the field plus doing/finishing university in correspondence so not much time outside my daily job to do any hobby activities.
>>
>>3050408
Was in tourist-ing NY with my brother in law and we went to the B&H store (we're both into electronics). He already had a Pen-E that I was admiring, so I bought an EM-10 myself.

No I don't make any money, it would be nice to be able to do it for a living but I'd have to be very good and/or prolific to make it worthwhile to quit my job.
>>
>>3050408
>So tell us anon, what got you into photography?
As a kid in the 80's my Uncle let me take a photo with his SLR. Looking through the viewfinder there were lights, numbers and a moving reticule that reminded me of Star Wars and The Day of the Jackal. After a while just looking through the viewfinder he said "Give it back; it's not a toy!". I was hooked and the cameras just keep getting better.

>How much money have you made out of your hobbie?
About tree fiddy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.