[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get battery grip for mirrorless camera >brandfags no longer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0113.jpg (78KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0113.jpg
78KB, 250x236px
>get battery grip for mirrorless camera
>brandfags no longer have a point about poor battery life

Really glad I didn't fall for the meme of some autistic fags that don't even take pictures.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width250
Image Height236
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: 1483206286347.jpg (379KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1483206286347.jpg
379KB, 1111x597px
>Have two batteries now
>Still can't meet the life of a single battery in a DSLR
Real talk though, the whole "muh battery life" stuff only applies to people who do video, or who are doing some in depth coverage shit where they're not going to be able to charge their batteries nightly.
>>
>>3050161
>>3050168
I've seen "hacks" for sony cameras where you can have a continuous power supply that runs off the large sony prosumer batteries and will last HOURS doing video. I think you can do it for like $70
>>
you dont even need a battery grip

if you have one other battery in your pocket the battery life point is moot
>>
>get battery grip for mirrorless camera
>brandfags no longer have a point about smaller form factor and weight
>>
>>3050183
I have a sony a7r and a6300, and I think it's stupid to worry about small form factor, that's not something I'm really focusing on personally
>>
>>3050188

i think it's stupid to own two cameras from the same brand from the same generation in the same form factor except one is crop.

but what do i know?
>>
>>3050192
I have the same setup. I keep a pancake on the a6300 and keep it in my pocket or bag to always have a camera on hand. I use the a7rii for studio work and planned photo outings. Nothing wrong with it. The 6300 also has a higher fps which is nice. Like any gear the only setup that makes sense is the one that suits what you do.
>>
>>3050192
Full frame for wide angle and crop for telephoto makes perfect sense.
>>
>>3050192
I know it sounds stupid, but the a7r takes better photos, and the a6300 takes better video. I do video and photo semi-professionally, and just need both. Had I waited longer, I would've purchased the a7r2, which would've done both, but I bought the a7r a few months after it was introduced and couldnt shell out another $2500 to get that. It's fine though, I love the 16-50mm kit lens on the a6300 and it's great for what I need it for
>>
>>3050168
>the whole "muh battery life" stuff only applies to people who do video

Really?

I thought it was the electronic viewfinder that eats though batteries?
DSLR's also don't last long in live view.
>>
>>3050226
I can shoot quite a few photos on just one battery with my sony. I really think it's an issue that's more noticeable when shooting video, it's very energy intensive
>>
>>3050188
Gee I wish Sony actually cared about the consumers and made a camera that had the resolution of the A7RII and the functions of the A6300.
>>
>>3050239

Why would they when they can get these poor saps to buy half a camera twice?
>>
>>3050239
Which functions are missing?
>>
>>3050178
>if you have one other battery in your pocket the battery life point is moot
No, the battery life is about an hour and a half.
>>3050226
The fact that a Sony is never *not* running both the sensor and an LCD screen, and the fact that it comes with a single battery for ants, is the reason its battery life is garbage. It's not designed for continuous use, it's a toy for your dad to play with on christmas morning.
>t. bitter A7 owner
>>
>>3050267
>No, the battery life is about an hour and a half.

Do you leave your camera on the entire time you're shooting?
>>
>>3050273
>Do you leave your camera on the entire time you're shooting?
Lol do you have to wait for the thing to start up every time you want take a picture?
>>
>>3050281
Not every time but it takes about 2.5 seconds to start up and if I'm going to be walking somewhere or just having a prolonged time of not taking any shots, sure I shut it off every time

I'd do the exact same thing with a dslr or mirrorless camera
>>
>>3050282
>2.5 seconds to start up
>>
>>3050282
>Not every time but it takes about 2.5 seconds to start up
Absolutely garbage. You can't leave it on a low power, screen and sensor off mode for rapid boot? How are you going to capture those moments with start up lag like that?
>I'd do the exact same thing with a dslr
I've left my DSLR in the on position for a week without noticing and it was fine. SLRs use very little energy when sitting idle with the metering system off.
>>
>>3050285
>>3050286
well other people's accounts have been less apparently

>With my eye affixed to the viewfinder at power up I was able to acquire focus and get off a first shot in about 1.5 seconds

Still a far cry from completely unusable with horrible battery life and startup time
>>
>>3050282
2.5 seconds to start up + 2.5 seconds to focus = missed shot
>>
>>3050258
Faster AF, high FPS shooting, and an EVF that allows you to track like you would with a DSLR.
>>
>>3050296
>high FPS shooting
they'd catch fire and explode in your face
>>
>>3050296
>Faster AF, high FPS shooting, and an EVF that allows you to track like you would with a DSLR

Well, the a6300 came out later and I think they're just introducing new tech as it's developed. And in all fairness, it would be difficult to make the a7r2 shoot 42mp raw images at 11fps, that's more data than any card can really handle I think, or it would take quite a while for the images to write.
>>
>>3050312
They'd probably have to move to XQD for that.
>>
>>3050315
not necessarily. Sony just recently announced some 300mb/s memory cards. But that was obviously after they introduced the a7r2 and other cameras. I think they're putting this card out for the next generation of emount cameras they're about to announce. The rumor is full frame, 20fps, unlimited raw buffer. I think it's going to be for the pro market
>>
>>3050341
Does your uncle work for Sony?
>>
>>3050351
Actually he does, but in the playstation division, designing the different themes you can purchase.

Why do you ask though? I just follow sonyalpharumors.com very closely. I know that within the month, they're going to announce a new high end emount, possibly named the a9 or something, and a new rx100. They're saying the a9 will possibly be on the lower side of the mp range, maybe 12 like the a7s
>>
>>3050351

Nah, that's moopco. He's just a fucking obsessed fanboi. He also has an isi obsession and frequently samefags
>>
>>3050361
im not either of those people, just a nameless sony fan.
>>
>>3050366
sure thing, moopco
>>
>>3050372
well, im not that guy. Don't know how I can prove it to you though
>>
>>3050379
Only moopco would deny being moopco in the face of so much evidence that he is, in fact moopco
>>
>>3050384
post a moopco photo, and i'll post one of mine
>>
>>3050386
Why would I have a moopco photo? The ones I've seen are hideous
>>
>>3050312
>yfw Sony's """""pro""""" camera writes at 35 MB/s like all the other alpha cameras, with a single slot
>>
>>3050390
I don't know. If moopco takes shit photos why would you remember them?

>>3050395
More than likely, it'll have dual card slots
>>
>>3050415
Come come, your India thread was the stuff of legend. Even a year later the memory still makes me chuckle.
>>
>>3050426
can you link to the thread? Like I said, im not moopco. But id like to see some poo in loos
>>
>>3050428
>Even a year later
erm, it's slow board but not that slow. Look on your hard drive
>>
>>3050447
Im not moopco. Im spice
>>
>>3050450
Salty
>>
>>3050451
Sugar
>>
>>3050456
>Sugar
He's another idiot.

>>3050451
salt is a mineral not a spice
>>
>>3050471
Sugar is a simple carbohydrate, moopco is just simple
>>
File: 1478958585424.jpg (213KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1478958585424.jpg
213KB, 798x770px
>>3050161
>anon gets shilled into sony by moopco
>muh compactness
>has to buy grip cause of piss poor battery life
>with lens and grip faggot camera is now as big as a dslr yet still inferior
>anon calls others brandfags while supporting the biggest brandfaggotry company of all time
>anon still thinks he didn't fall for the meme

really glad i didn't fall for the sony meme, im lmaoing @ ur life rn

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width798
Image Height770
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3050493
and which meme did you fall for? The canon meme or the nikon meme? Or maybe the film meme? I was stuck with canon for a long time until i realized they were just pushing out the same exact cameras for nearly a decade t2i,t3i,t4i,t5i all the same. 5dmk2 same as 5dmk3. canon 50d-80d all suck ass holes
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.