[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >Trying to be edgy by being a hobby photographer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1474680335001.jpg (81KB, 501x334px) Image search: [Google]
1474680335001.jpg
81KB, 501x334px
>2017
>Trying to be edgy by being a hobby photographer
>>
How is it edgy?
>>
It's already 2018 in Australia, fool.
>>
>>3045802
its not. its the easiest "art" to do. if anything its basic as fuck.
>>
>>3045807
Australia is a lie, fuck off!
>>
>>3046057
Your opinion is objectively shit
>>
>>3046057
its by far one of the hardest arts just by the simple fact that everyone is doing it and its extremely hard to distinguish yourself. Also OP was asking "why is it edgy" because no one thinks it is. Some people just enjoy photography as a hobby theres nothing edgy about it and no one is claiming that it is. I do it as a hobby as i guarentee theres nothing edgy about my extensive collection of North American bird pics lolol.
>>
>>3046101
>>3046291
I think what he's trying to say is that it's so easy to take a snapshit and label yourself as a "photographer" so many young edgy fucks decide to take the hobby up because they think it's "cool" and "alternative" to most mainstream social outlets.

But in reality they won't ever get anywhere with the craft or actually learn to take good photos, it's like more like they do it to give them self a different/ out of the ordinary/ mysterious vibe in the social aspect.
At least that's what everyone around this area is doing *cough* NYC *cough*
>>
>>3046299
That reasoning is faggotry though.
I can pick up a guitar and call myself a musician, a paintbrush and call myself a painter, a pen and call myself a writer.

The thing is, people only take these claims seriously if it's also a regular, decent income. Photography is no different.
>>
>>3046319
what distinguishes photography from painting and music (to an extend) is that its relatively easy to create photography appealing to the standard fb user with decent equipement and pre set post while requiring basically no skill or knowledge.
>>
>>3046323
Spend a week learning to paint and your friends and family will fawn over those too.

As I said, income is important.
>>
>>3045746
since when was photography like skating or playing guitar?

oh wait, I think you mean all of th instagram snappers out there
>>
>>3046319
Thats right, the reason IS faggotry that's why I wrote my post to explain that.

I can't speak for people gaining income through there photography but I really doubt these young adults are making enough to support themselves solely based off it in my opinion. I'd susupect most at least hold part time jobs to provide for there equipment etc.

Especially people who don't get paid unless they do portraits and specific shoots and such. Wouldn't you agree?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.