[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>they don't use a camera strap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1477543174827.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477543174827.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>they don't use a camera strap
>>
>when you see somebody with a camera in the hands and the strap is just dangling off the side not around anything
>>
>>3043709
>they pronoun
fuck off leddit
>>
>>3043723
>he doesnt use a camera strap
>>
I use a wrist strap
>>
>>3043709
hand strap fo lyfe nigga
>>
>>3043709
>camera strap hangs around the neck
>camera strap doesn't sit on shoulder
You're literally a tourist and entry level photographer
>>
>>3043709
Camera straps don't really work for larger cameras unless it's one of those rapids, slinging a full size DSLR with a decently sized lens is a real pain in the neck of you use a stock strap.
The strap also often gets in the way of the controls/LCD when you actually want to shoot.
The alternatives are a grip strap or a belt and clip system, which I think are better all around. If you're shooting in public spaces, you'd probably want to carry the camera concealed in a bag until it's needed anyway.
For small mirrorless cameras I think a strap is fine.
>>
>shoots a Pentax 645Z
>doesn't use a camera strap

Who's the pleb now, OP??
>>
>>3043709
>>3043775

>he shoots a toy camera that needs a strap

Absolutely proletariat.
>>
Where can I get a camera strap thats like a seatbelt?
>>
>>3043812

Just use the seatbelts from your car. You can make a few and sell them.

I'll order a few from you over the next few weeks. Just be sure to drive to the post office really fast when I place an order! I don't like to be kept waiting.
>>
>>3043709
Am I the only one who wraps it around my wrist to keep from looking like a tourist?
>>
>>3043807
I have troubles using my TLR without a strap
>>
My strap is still in it's packaging in the box, only amateurs, faggots and tourists use straps.
>>
I only use the camera strap that came with the camera in the box. They're very well made and look good. I never use them over the neck, though. Only on my right shoulder, with my right hand gripping the grip.

I have a blackrapid strap but I never use it after the first few days.
>>
File: lifeinthestraplesslane.jpg (552KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lifeinthestraplesslane.jpg
552KB, 750x1000px
#nostraps
#livestrapless
>>
>he thinks sam hyde is funny
>and has to physically connect the camera to his body to keep his retard hands from dropping it

really makes you think.
>>
>>3043858
>not removing your hand and putting a lens mount where your wrist used to be with bodyheat-powered sensor embedded in your bone
>>
>>3043812
google seatbelt camera strap
>>
>>3043820
toy
camera
f a m
>>
>>3043855
goddamn you look insufferable
>>
>using a neck strap on a large format camera

wew
>>
>>3044299

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3X
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
PhotographerLonna Tucker
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern1050
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width6048
Image Height4032
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2017:03:22 18:21:30
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias1 EV
Subject Distance2.51 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width900
Image Height600
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
I just put the camera strap around my hand like a bandage, never lose grip of it and you know it's safe
>>
>>3043817
You're not, brother.
>>
File: Cash_color.jpg (377KB, 1078x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cash_color.jpg
377KB, 1078x1600px
Seems to me that the straps just get in the way. Not a huge fan. Weird thing to be an elitist over though, using - or not using - a strap.
>>
>>3044306
How much does that plate cost?
>>
Is this what this board has become? Fucking gearfags debating on what makes you look cooler and not what helps you get better photos.
>>
>>3043709
I use the cuff by peak design.
>>
>>3045309

I like the clutch better.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.