[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Professional portraits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0716.jpg (567KB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0716.jpg
567KB, 1800x2400px
This is my first time doing this style of shooting, today I took my little brother's senior photos.

I used household lights and held a ring flash off body.

Is it good enough to use? Any tips If I want to try again?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1800
Image Height2400
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: IMG_0479.jpg (475KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0479.jpg
475KB, 2048x1365px
If I post a photo of an attractive woman will I get a better responce?

This is my main gig, nightclub photography.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2048
Image Height1365
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
I personally like the look of them, but I'm no pro. I was just wondering how you got into the nightclub gig? (Did you approach them etc?)
>>
>>3042719
>attractive
>>
>>3042711

If you want that style (black background and shit) then look up low key photography, get some Yongnuo flashes, and turn your aperture down as low as it can go.

The way it looks now looks meh and obviously done by someone who just bought a camera and a bullshit lens thinking they actually have an eye for photography.
>>
>>3042711
I do shoots for gradschool applications, financial consultants, and medical clinics.
For senior photos you can be a bit more loose, but corporate photography has a handful of rules and they're pretty conservative.
For "Professional Headshots" avoid a black background. Usually grey or blue crushed muslin is used. This makes the warm tones of the subjects face look warm and approachable. Add a reflector or a second light to separate from background. Look up "rim light" if you don't know what I mean.
Have the subject in a slight profile, preferable to look to the right. This is a visual cue that they're looking to the future. The hair and smile are good, never show teeth in a professional headshot.
Grey suit jacket or Navy Blazer, white shirt with conservative pattern, or pastel with no pattern. Conservative tie. Never wear red (See Donald Trump). Soft lighting on the broad side of the face.
Dress for women should be similar and is a bit more flexible. Grey, Black, or Navy jacket. Similar rules with blouse, must be closed neck. Hair should be worn down, but pulled back. Minimal makeup, one pair of stud earrings only. Single chain or strand necklace.
The catch-lights in his eyes are good, stop down so the entire body is in focus.
Look for small details before you shoot, like the little bit of stubble and the wrinkle in his right collar.
Also some douchebags with low bandwidth complain if your image is larger than 1000 on its longest side. Avoid the autistic rage by resizing for online presentation.
>>
>>3042762
Not op but he might take pics for the guests and then exchange money or even just for advertising/social media
>>
>>3042711
>>3042719
Hey bro, did you edit them? Both look super raw - brother's got red skin areas club pic is super red too. They are not the worst but lack of proper editing give them that amatourish look probably don't want. For senior portrait photo I'd use a back light or fill to light up the background and give the picture more breathing space.
>>
>>3042840
This.Otherwise, they're actually decent, just work on lighting and smoothing it a bit and you've got some pretty good work, imo.
>>
>>3042788
>woman
>>
>>3042836
ah ok cheers
>>
Try lighting him and the background separately

They blend together too much and makes it hard to tell apart
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.