[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony stick the knife in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Sony-logo.jpg (54KB, 550x402px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-logo.jpg
54KB, 550x402px
Imaging resource did an interview, then pulled it from the site a couple of hours later, catch up on the juicy gossip.

>Some sensors are reserved for Sony (Maybe this is why no one else is using their 42MP Full Frame sensor)
>Sony invested billions in sensor technology and lensesThe Full Frame market is the most stable, but Sony wants to grow it slowly“Before 42 megapixels… nobody needed such a resolution……but right now, people enjoy 42-megapixel cameras.”
>“Now we are focused on three essential factors. One is of course the resolution, and another is the sensitivity, and third is the speed.”Sports shooters target one millisecond in time so they might enjoy shooting 100-120fps
>There is room for AF speed and intelligence improvement
>Nikon/Canon use two systems for AF so their system can’t be intelligent. Our system can be intelligent because our sensor manages the AF.
>AF and Exposure could benefit from Intelligence (AI)The real advantage of mirrorless is direct information not the lack of a mirror.
>An early problem with mirrorless was getting the data off the chip fast enough. Now the problem is interpreting all the data.
>Sony a7RII mainly brought in customers form other systems, but Sony hopes to growthe ILC market beyond current DSLR/ILC users.“I have said, too, that amateurs, people who don’t consider themselves photographers, like moms and dads, they need more advanced technology than the pros, because they’re the ones who more than anything need smart cameras and intelligent sensors. So maybe that will come.
>”Full frame is their primary area
>The price difference between Full Frame and APS-C could get closer together with time.
>“I want to show our technology. The technology can change the future.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
>>
>Right now, I think American people still think the DSLR structure with mirror and shutter is best. But the technology can change that kind of way. And I think only Sony can do it. So I want to explain why the future is changing. And sensor is one aspect, and the lens is another one. Of course, intelligence is another aspect, but there are many technologies we have, so these things I want to tell your users. And of course [by combining] these technologies we create new cameras. So I want to show you the new camera…mirrorless can take a photo that the even professional DSLRs couldn’t capture.”

So there we have it, fuji, pentax and nikon can't compete in image quality unless they start their own fab. Sony are miles ahead of the competition when it comes to innovation.

How can anyone catch up?
>>
>>3042122
>>3042126

They pulled it because the translation was terribad and full of contradictions and errors.
>>
>>3042126
Sony are ahead because they are perhaps one of the few companies in the world that can not only make digital sensors suitable for digital photography that are up to modern standards, but are also capable of "fully vertical" product design; meaning everything from research and design, to manufacturing, to distribution, can all be done in-house.

Not only that, but they are a multi-purpose sensor fab, and make chips from everything including cellphones on up to medium format, so any new developments in one area will trickle down or up to every other product. Who would have thought that BSI would be implemented in a full-frame sensor so quickly?

Practically every other camera company except Panasonic and Canon have to buy their sensors from someone else, which is usually Sony, although Leica have chosen CMOSIS. This means they may order custom designs or make modifications to some aspects like the CFA, but are not in any way in charge of technology advancement.

This is not a bad thing by any means, if sensor design were to be handled strictly by camera companies, we would still be stuck with 11.5 stops DR on our digital cameras like Canon had for a decade. It's because Sony has a dedicated sensor design department that can focus on making the best chips possible that we got a disruption in the form of the D800 way back, and now everyone has to follow or buy their chips. As far as I know, they haven't directly put anyone out of business yet, so the competition is still on.
>>
>>3042131
conveyed what it needed to though

>100fps+ burst mode
>intelligent exposure/focus
>their sales are growing
>aps-c is not a priority in any way
>Sony are keeping their good sensors
>AF speed is improving
>>
>>3042122
>yet another thinly veiled sony shill thread.
>>
I have no problem with Sony's ambition to make a good camera, I just object to any assertion that the current crop are unreservedly excellent.
>>
>>3042122
>Sony stick the knife in Anonymous
really makes you think huh
>>
>>3042133
Nikon also designs some sensors by themselves, though these Renesas-made sensors are only used in the high end cameras such as the D3/D4/D5.
>>
Did anyone watch season 19 of South Park where the whole arc was about not being able to distinguish between an ad and an article? I get that feeling on this board sometimes.
>>
When are Sony going to make a sub 5k mirrorless ILC medium format camera?
>>
Good thing that CCD sensors are still being manufactured

https://www.teledynedalsa.com/imaging/products/sensors/area-scan/FTF9168C/
>>
>>3042122
Just sad they won't put out the 12mp low lght monster
>>
>>3042305
Just resize any >12 mpx shot down and get the same result you fag
>>
Sony executives say Sony is great. So does Turdco. No surprises here
>>
>>3042126
well you can't improve american intelligence.
mirrorless is kill.
>>
>>3042208
they don't need to.
just sell the sensor.
easy money goy.
>>
So I work as a model in Japan, Korea, China and America. Of all the shoots i've done, well over 200, I've only met maybe 5 photographers that shoot Sony. The overwhelming majority shoot Canon, even Nikon is not very popular among professionals.
Phase One cameras are more popular than Sony, if Sony wants to really get into the pro level they need to come out with a body that isn't a fancy toy.
On paper Sony and Nikon might have a slight edge over Canon but the really important things are lens availability, reliability, consistency and ease of use, all things that Sony still can't bring to the table.
>>
>I work as a model
>I know about cameras

You're a neet living with your parents.

The fact any pros are using a system that only came out 4 years ago and you still are gonna have trouble finding a 70-200 2.8 is testament to how keen pros are to switch to sony.

And their reliability is much better than dslr, a good 80%+ high end camera repairs are to do with the mirror, it's fragile, it's exposed, it's good condition is vital to the camera operating. And one could argue that with 3 dials for ss, f and iso and an evf, ease of use and getting the shot you want has never been easier, even with one hand. Consistency isn't even a thing. And lens availability, can't really blame sony for having better sales figures than they ever predicted.
>>
>>3042146
I don't shoot Sony and never have, but I hope they push on with innovation. For example I shoot Fuji and better Sony sensors will eventually mean better Fuji sensors.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.