[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black v. Silver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: X-E1-55+mm-ISO+200-DSCF4316.jpg (109KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
X-E1-55+mm-ISO+200-DSCF4316.jpg
109KB, 1000x535px
When it comes to camera bodies, which one does /p/ find sexier?

Black or silver?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2000
Image Height1070
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:02:04 16:18:16
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2000
Image Height1070
>>
>>3042015
For me personally, the black makes it look like a cheap toy. The lack of contrast reminds me of a toy out of a cereal box.
>>
>>3042016
Are you talking about just in general? I only posted that photo to set the theme of the thread.
>>
>>3042015
I love black bodies (Nikon fe and D7000) for up close street for stealth.
>>
>>3042015
Black, always black. Silver just reminds me of those shitty 20 dollar meneltas
>>
>>3042015
Usually black but with these fujis silver looks better.
>>
>>3042018
For that specific type of flat body. If its something bulky like a d500 or something, then solid black is fine and imo even looks pretty cool.
>>
>>3042016
I think the problem is that the X100 looks like the cheap cereal box toy version of a film rangefinder. I don't know if they just used the wrong kind of leatherette or something, but that camera just does not look right. The flash pretending to look like a rangefinder window is pretty ugly too, it reminds me of a disposable camera.

Generally I prefer chrome for rangefinders and black for SLRs. I guess it just seems right because to me the most iconic cameras are the Leica M3 and Nikon F3 which pretty much only come in chrome and black respectively.

Also one thing I will never understand is the way people fetishize brassing. Leica must really go out of their way to find special delicate snowflake paint that rubs right off, because I have never seen even the most beaten to shit F3 show any more than a tiny bit of bare metal around the edges.
>>
All black is the choice of artists and working photographers. Silver and black is for tourists and amateurs.

Look at every professional camera body ever made. Do they come in silver and black? Fuck no.

You know what cameras did? Cheap-as-fuck entry level cameras like the Canon Rebel and Nikon N65.
>>
>>3042042
I have a silver F2 that would disagree with you, and no shortage of photographers used silver Leicas.

In general I agree with you, though, especially when it comes to anything made after the '80s. The only exception is stuff like the X100, because the silver chrome finish feels better in the hand than the gloss black paint, and it's a fuckaround camera anyway so who cares if it looks touristy.
>>
File: ZXE2_both_lens.jpg (80KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ZXE2_both_lens.jpg
80KB, 960x540px
>>3042042
>>3042057
>>3042022
I feel like it just depends.

Look at the X-E series for example. The silver one looks cheap compared to the black one
>>
Silver is for those tards that say, "ooooh shiny", when they cook aluminium foil in a microwave
>>
>>3042090
I'm one of those tards.
>>
Black body with silver lens.
>>
Silver after four or five years of solid (ab)use.
>>
I find that silver implies a hobbyist camera and peopl eon the street will be less intimidated by it.
>>
Back in the early days of the DSLR, almost 15 years ago, Canon made both black and silver versions of the 300D and 350D.
The black version was for "professionals" and cost $100 more than the silver, which was marketed for "hobbyists and amateurs".
The silver was dropped for the 400D.

sage because gearshit
>>
>>3042336
>in the early days
lol you're a child though you didn't even live through the 90s in full
>>
>>3042365
You're stupid.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.