[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Filmmaker here. Need some help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1480544548268.png (74KB, 853x629px) Image search: [Google]
1480544548268.png
74KB, 853x629px
Is there a camera below $1000, that isn't a DSLR, that has XLR mic inputs so all sound can be recorded straight to the camera? What is the best in this price range?

I've shot with a DSLR for years and I'm over it, it's too much of a hassle.

I don't really care too much about interchangeable lenses if the cam comes with a zoom lens. The biggest things I'm looking for are direct sound, battery life, maybe low light performance too but not expecting too much in that regard. Never shot RAW or S-Log before but I assume it isn't too hard to colorize. Thanks.
>>
>>3041943
>Filmmaker
>direct sound
Can't spend the 3 seconds syncing it in post? Or is this for personal use? In which case you don't need external sound get yourself a $700 camcorder.
>>
>>3041949
>Can't spend the 3 seconds syncing it in post?
It's more of a pre-editing deal. I'd just like to save the time it takes to organize it all since I'm doing everything myself.
>>
>>3041951
Syncing audio is literally the shortest job in production. All you gotta do is clap.

If this is too much for you, you'd be better off with a pleb vidya, like a gopro.
>>
>>3042103
Thanks for not helping at all.
>>
>>3042104
I'm not going to recommend professional tools to someone that doesn't know how to sync audio. You'd just get worse results than a consumer product.
>>
>>3042107
Ok thanks man.
>>
Honestly listen to this guy, you won't find anything approaching good audio quality in that budget, your best bet it mounting a recorder and shotgun to your rig.

But by the sound of it, you don't give a shit about good audio quality or video quality, or probably product quality for that matter. If that's the case I don't know why you're intent on using XLR anyway. Just stick a Chinese cardioid on your hot shoe and be done with it.
>>
i'm as much of a filmmaker as mario is a plumber but i use a panasonic g6 and it does alright
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>3041943
Yes. The first generation large sensor camcorders is what you're looking for. The Panasonic AF100 retails for about $900/1000 and can film 1080p 30p/720 60p, on a micro four thirds sensor and accepts panasonic and lolympus lenses, and it has integrated NDs and viewfinder. The Sony FS100 retails for about $1200/1400 and shoots 1080p up to 60p with a Super35 sensor, but has no internal NDs. You can adapt all kinds of lenses to both. Both have XLR inputs.

These are perfectly capable today. For example, successful youtube channel "RedLetterMedia" is shot entirely on AF100s.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.