[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

<< WHY GEAR DOESN'T MATTER >>

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1485289153329.jpg (281KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
1485289153329.jpg
281KB, 1280x956px
He's back(?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4bhXRdAGOU
>>
>>3040459
he has always been around, he posts videos every other day. i enjoy watching his videos but please, your basically promoting his youtube on 4chan. delete this thread
>>
>>3040467
Hardly matters. A lot of people on here need to hear what he's saying.
>>
File: IMG_7514.jpg (64KB, 412x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7514.jpg
64KB, 412x540px
>>3040459
>Mfw I tried one of his photo assignments and got featured on the second try

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width412
Image Height540
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3040467
>i enjoy watching his videos

I don't. This is the first in av very long time that has been good. Some of the artists series are a little good. Most of his other videos this last year and has been Casey N copies or gear videos.
>>
the gear not matttering meme is so bad
give a retard a nice 70-200 and tell them to shoot wide open whilst taking pictures in the city
>>
>>3040540
But it's the other way around. Gear is a meme.

Herd mentality.
>>
>>3040540
>give a retard a nice 70-200 and tell them to shoot wide open whilst taking pictures in the city
you sound like you never took a good picture in your life
>>
>>3040459
The problem with phone cameras isn't image quality, it's lack of creativity.

You're stuck with a wide-ish lens with a fixed aperture and no control over shutter speed or exposure.
So all phone pictures will turn out the same.
>>
>>3040503
i agree with his message but this is /p/, one big gearfag circle jerk, his video won't hold grip here
you could be ted forbes for all i know trying to promote your work on this shitty image board.

>>3040514
why does everyone compare every youtuber to casey neistat, ted forbes is a photographer, casey is a vlogger.
their videos vary differently from each other, look at both their technical aspects of their youtube videos all you can plainly see the difference.

And in short for everyone else, gear does matter to a certain degree and you can't deny that no matter how much you argue it, you need
certain gear to achieve specific types of photography, its common sense. also sage this shit
>>
>>3040459

"When you see a photo...what draws you in is whether the photo is interesting or not"

This guy knows his shit.
>>
>>3040612
>>3041995

I feel like it's a little bit of both. An interesting photograph should be the number 1 priority for a photographer. But I have admit that gear does help make a photo interesting. As much as people shit on bokeh for being "too easy", well it does add interest to an image, else it wouldn't be 'too easy'.

While you can take interesting photos with a 28mm lens with fixed aperture and almost "focus free" levels of depth of field, it's still very limiting to the type of photography you can take interesting photographs with.

I think there's a happy spot between ``unrelenting gearfaggotry'' and only-my-cellphone, and people should find their happy spot and stay there.
>>
>>3040612
>no control over shutter speed or exposure

Sure you have, with a right phone. Too bad the controls are usually quite cumbersome to use.
>>
>>3040612
My problem with phones is they aren't good cameras to actually use. I cannot imagine shooting for hours with one button and a giant touch screen killing the battery.
>>
Stop promoting this no-portfolio wannabe-young-blogger-fag who just talks shit for ten minutes to get another sony camera to promote. Fucking retards, do you really need some 40year old fraud to tell you the basic shit that you can read in any beginner photography book?
Triggers me everytime.
>>
>>3042424
/thread
>>
>>3042424
>no-portfolio
http://tedforbes.com/photography-portfolio/
>>
>>3042630
>categories in french
lmao what a pretentious faggot
>>
>>3040459
> <<>>
> not «»
fucking retard
>>
>>3042630
His shit is garbage though
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.