[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you do this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

For those that don't know, this work belongs to @Undocumentarian on instagram; a highly talented yet highly SJW photographer.

All you can gather from his hashtags are Ilford HP5 pushed, Shot with Pentax 67.

What could he be doing to get this amount of detail? Are his portraits shot with a macro lens? Rodinal?
>>
>>3040291
>>
>>
Crush the blacks, up the reds, and sharpen the FUCK out of everything.
>>
>>3040295
My biggest goncern is figuring out what focal length he is using. I really do think its a macro based on the closeness and extreme & circular distortion of the background bokeh.
>>
>>3040291
>a highly talented yet highly SJW photographer.
lmao
can't even keep the political shit out of the fucking photography board
>>
>>3040297
It sucks because he does great stuff for faggoty reasons.

Its
>muh poor
>muh immigrants
>muh indians
>muh magic negroes

For fucking everything. Becomes tiresome.
>>
>>3040300
it's better to take good-looking photos for commercial purposes? or to express disdain for your fellow man? I'm really not sure what you're trying to say.
>>
guy is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>3040300
Photographing homeless people is so fkin trite that those people are on the same level as dudes who take short creepy model shots of women
>>
>>3040301
>SJWism is for the benefit of mankind

REALLY made me think
>>
clarity slider, a fair share. but doesnt look shite like most clarity abuse you see everywhere, guy has top pp skills.
>>
>>3040300
>It sucks because he does great stuff for faggoty reasons.
Why are Amerifags so moralist?
>>
>>3040311
>showing the pain of people in hope that it creates sympathy in the ones more fortunate than them is a bad thing and is "SJW"
>>
>>3040344
Sympathy for the ones less fortunate is not really an American value tho. In the American dream luck/socio-economic conditions do not exist, only hard work/individual responsibility matters.
>>
>>3040291
These are not particularly detailed at all, shoot some MF for yourself and you'll realise it just looks amazing all the time.
The lense is probably just the standard, but could also be the 100mm macro, as they are focused quite closely, and do still seem to have quite deep DOF for being shot wide open, so f/4 would make more sense than f/2.4
>>
>>3040344
Photographing homelessness isn't new, thought provoking, or social justice - its just picking the lowest hanging fruit.

Doesn't matter if you use film to do it or a DSLR and overprocessed HDR.

Photographing people in manner designed solely to highlight their wrinkles and filth, then pretending to care about their plight makes you either deluded, or a hypocritical piece if shit.
>>
>>3040515
this
>>3040333
>>3040344
Shitty gets. Just read each book or fucking poem he posts in the comments and tell me it isn't a heap of shit for social justice points
>>
>>3040309
>>3040309
>short creepy model shots of women
explain
>>
>>3040291
pushing the film inreases the contrast quite a bit. I'd wager his developing routine increases the effect quite a lot too

Then once it's developed and scanned you just smash that motherfucking clarity and dehaze slider, clip the highlights and shadows and bingo, you're done

lens is probably something like an 85mm 1.4

also keep your politics shit out of this board
>>
>>3040858

>>3040855
>>
>>3040858
>Pentax 67
>85mm 1.4
>>
>>3040860
Why are you asking me this? Give the camera few good hard slaps against your palm, try and get the shutter to finish it's cycle

>>3040861
my bad. You know what I meant though, like a medium tele. So like a 135mm on 6x7 format
>>
>>3040515
I actually went and looked at the little poems and mini-biographies he gives to each of his models, and there is nothing "SJW" about them. They're fine. They tell a bit about the person and the reality surrounding him. This dude isn't doing anything mindblowing, taking pictures of wrinkled people in black and white is indeed lowest common denominator, I never praised this photographer for having some immense artistic merit. With that said, calling him a hypocrite for the mere act of taking pictures of filthy wrinkled people and telling the viewer a bit about them is dumb baseless. You can care about something and bring attention to it without having to donate half your paycheck to starving children in Africa.

My issue was with OP, who like the flamboyant /pol/-type faggot that he is, had to add
>talented but highly SJW
to his praise of this photographer, even though it has no impact whatsoever on his photos or this thread or anything else on planet earth. It's pathetic. Keep your childish identity politics in your ever-leaking containment board.
>>
>>3040831
>and tell me it isn't a heap of shit for social justice points
But it isn't, it's literally just a little poem with some fairly quaint philosophical ramblings and then telling a bit about the person. What in the hell is wrong with that?
>d-don't be artistic in muh hobby
>>
Wonder what OP shoots that he considers politically inoffensive and muh photography

>boring shots of his own car, probably
>>
i know exactly what that photographer does and what lens he uses, but wont tell, because OP is a faget and should go back to /pol/.

t. behaved /pol/
>>
>>3040986
It always amuses me when people who are against /pol/ basically say "they should go back where they came from and stick with their own kind"
>>
>>3040349
>photographers should not attempt to challenge the status quo
OK leni
>>
>>3041185
>photographers
>challenging anything or anyone
get a load of this guy.
>>
>>3041190
4chan photographers pose a challenge to law enforcement tho
>>
>>3041190
>implying it wasn't photographers who killed public support in Vietnam
"A picture is worth a thousand words" isn't just some meaningless phrase.
>>
>>3041197
>he isnt aware that war photogs were and are literal mercenaries ready to sell their whole portfolio to the highest bidder to then have an editor build a fake narrative around a handful of selected photos to push an agenda set by the same ones that hold the statu quo
photographers havent ever done shit for the world.
>>
>>3041204
If anybody doubts this, just go look at blogs like Boston Globe's The Big Picture.
These last two years have been nothing but back to back images of refugees. Not even good images either. Just the same thing over and over.

If images don't fit the narrative, they won't get published.
>>
>>3041306
>If images don't fit the narrative, they won't get published.
And yours in the only narrative that matters in this world, right?
>>
>>3041324
What prompted that response?

The only things that should matter are integrity, and objectivity.
Political bias and sensationalism have no place in documentary photography or journalism.
>>
>>3040296
>I really do think its a macro based on the closeness and extreme & circular distortion of the background bokeh

nah
>>
>>3041306
>Boston Globe's The Big Picture.
>back to back images of refugees

Who's full of shit, anon or the Boston Globe? You decide.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/bigpicture
>>
>>3040300

I think your opinion is the reason that he takes those photos.

>I think they're pretty pictures, but I don't want to have to look at poor people, niggers, and faggots.

Think about what you're saying. You're saying you like the visual aesthetic, but not the meaning. Isn't that a little vapid, anon?

And no, >>3040309 it isn't trite or tiresome. What is trite and tiresome is poverty, racism, sexism, and homophobia.

I feel embarrassed for you.
>>
>>3041406
No, photographing homeless people is fking boring and trite. Kill yourself
>>
>>3041406
How about exploitation of extremely vulnerable people solely for your own gratification on social media.

Does that not embarass you?
Or maybe you made the decision on their behslf that them being exploited is for their own good?
>>3041400
The second story on that page is literally about migration.
>>
>>3041493
>The second story
The third actually. And since you can't count there are around 50 stories on the page.
>>
>>3041493
>solely for your own gratification on social media
That's an incredibly arrogant assumption. They look very much like consenting adults and you have no idea what the original purpose of the images was. In case you hadn't noticed there's more to life than social media.
>>
>>3041406
it's okay dude we were all 16 at one time, just maybe wait a few years before you go posting your opinions online so you don't embarrass yourself as much
>>
>>3041696
is that the best you can come up with
>>
>>3041406
>What is trite and tiresome is poverty, racism, sexism, and homophobia.

Have you ever had an original thought in your own life?

The photog finds a run of the mill filthy drug addict, takes a wrinkly photo and posts up some gay poetry, POETRY, and then hashtags the dogshit out of it. Tell me he isn't exploiting these dregs like >>3041493 said. Everyone is aware of homeless people, some tender feely photos don't change the fact they are schizos, drug addicts or other degenerates.

90% of homeless dont give a shit about themselves, the other 10% are people who get fucked and then bounce out of homelessness within a few weeks or months.

Sorry I'm not an emotional child like you who resorts to SJW talking points to defend a bunch of stupid psuedo-philosopher meth heads.
>>
>>3040983
Much more interesting work than anything you've come up I assure you. Unless you've also taken real photos of GWOT you presumptuous faggot.
>>
>>3041406
>I feel embarrassed for you

You're a humongous faggot lmao
>>
>>3042578
>90% of homeless dont give a shit about themselves, the other 10%
>I know 100% of all homeless people
lmao
>>
>>3042581
>Much more interesting work than anything you've come up I assure you.
more pics and less self-fellatio, fag.
>>
>>3042603
>demands i post pics to prove how shitty I am and doesnt post any himself

really activates my almonds
>>
>>3042601
Oh yes you must be right! All those people talking to themselves, smoking crack and asking for spare change half naked are just down on their luck!

Imbecile.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.