[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This place is cancer, no wonder all the good trips eventually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

This place is cancer, no wonder all the good trips eventually leave.

What places are the best online photography communities to see good photography and chatting about it? Learning about it etc.
>>
apug and photo.net, though they are both just as full of petty sniping and brandfagging and fragile egos as anywhere else on the web.

The truth is, photography is a super intimate, deeply private form of personal expression, and is ultimately a solitary art. Because of that, there is no shangri la for photography discussion on the internet. Some places are better than others, but they all suck in their own way.

So it's not that all the good trips (and anons, the best photographers were all anonymous) ride off into the sunset, they just realize there's not much they can learn from anyone else at this point in their journey.
>>
>>3038891
>photography is a super intimate, deeply private form of personal expression, and is ultimately a solitary art
has there ever been a more wrong statement?
>>
>>3038942

Quality refutation.
>>
>>3038942
its the most sensible statement about this fag ass "art" that has been writen in the entire life of this stupid board, and you thought it was "so wrong"?

talk about being a fucking pleb and not having a single clue.
>>
>>3038873
>no wonder all the good trips eventually leave
>good trips

There is no such thing.
>>
>>3038873
If you someone you meet is an arse, he's probably an arse, if everyone you meet is an arse, it is you who is the arse.

Good riddance aids face.
>>
>>3038949
Agreed
>>
Maybe reddit is better? I mean there you have downvotes so I assume there aren't 50+ sony vs. fuji b8 threads which /p/ likes to bite every time for some reason right?
>>
>>3038948
yes please tell me about photography as a solitary art in 2017
>>
>>3038954
the photography subreddit is all about gear, weddings and stolen pics. it's miserable desu
>>
>>3038957
shit. Well I guess you actually have to go out and meet people then
>>
There are some great groups out there, one of which I belong to, and there's no way on fucking earth I would reveal them here.

This place is an utter shithole, it's only purpose is as a source of occasional amusement.

Everyone should leave, not just the trips.
>>
>>3038960
>There are some great groups out there, one of which I belong to, and there's no way on fucking earth I would reveal them here.
that place is his head shhhh
>>
>>3038961
Quite possibly, but it's a compelling illusion.

Anonymity is a double edged sword unfortunately- it's both the draw and the limiting factor.
>>
I just hid all the gear threads that belong in the gear general, b8 and stupid question threads (was lenient with film threads because bias)

I now have a total of 27 hidden threads
>>
/p/ in a nutshell

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2244
Image Height3508
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2013:07:17 14:16:59
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width560
Image Height875
>>
>>3038957

Reddit's photography sub is just like reddit in general. A bunch of man babies pretending like they have talent and knowledge on the subject when in general, they don't.
>>
>>3038967
You're not trying hard enough, I've got 45 threads hidden. It really does improve things

>>3038960
>Everyone should leave
I don't really believe it is everyone. I think it is a small handful of vociferous assholes who have nothing better to do all day
>>
There are a ton of forums out there, just google photography forums, and browse them. Most are slow as hell, but they are out there. I come here for the arguments for entertainment, but they are barely that any more.
I truly think that the reason this place is going to hell is the Reddit invasion of 4 Chan in general.
>>
>>3038967
>hide gear threads
>no threads left

:^)
>>
>>3039247

You sound like a 12 year old kid who has a really intense grudge against the middle school 3 miles away, despite the fact that the two are essentially identical and the only reason you prefer one over the other is that you go there.

You aren't still in middle school, are you?
>>
>>3039320
>technology landscape
I use that expression a fair bit, but only when I'm being paid to.
>>
>>3039368

B-but it tested well in the focus groups...
>>
>>3038960
There are great groups out there but I'm not going to say where or even where to start looking because I'm a massive asshole.
>>
>>3038873
All the good people leave because they grow out of this place.

The only people that stay are people who never grow as both people and photographers.
>>
>>3039307
Fuck off back to your safespace poopco, literally no one wants you here. I'm sure the hugbox cancer community over at reddirt even hates you, that's how much of a intolerable cunt you are
>>
>>3039528
I used to hang out here a lot, years ago, and then i finished school and got a job. I had less time to fuck around and found more important things to do with my free time, like going out and shoot. In consequence I became a happier person. I recently got back here to have a look, and holy hell is this place miserable. There's a lot of good intentions, some promising photos, but mostly just gear faggotry and bait threads, autistic sonyfags screeching in every thread that has nothing to do with them. I might as well quit /p/ for good.
>>
>>3039573

>poopco
>reddirt

Lmao I think 12 years old might have been generous.

What's next? Gonna call me (I'm not moopco, by the way) caca brains?
>>
File: 14786898174526.png (10KB, 280x336px) Image search: [Google]
14786898174526.png
10KB, 280x336px
>>3039635
>trips as fucking cuck
>implies others are immature
>>
>>3039640

Takes one to know one?

Really getting some mileage out of that autism speaks image, huh? Avatarfagging is strongly frowned upon 'round these parts.
>>
you know what really is driving people away from p? The shitflinging sony fuckheads. Just. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Everyone who isn't those retardedly obvious trolls, stop replying to them. You are feeding their bullshit. They are either getting paid by Sony, are actually autistic, or thirdly (and most likely) getting off on trolling you.
>>
There's a small handful of good photographers on here, unfortunately the fags on this board can't tell what's good and what's bad. Most of the time, the people trying to help give bad advice because they are novices themselves.
>>
>>3039686
Luddite. The only company to release a game changer since 2013 has been Sony. The only """""good"""" Nikon to come out in recent years is based almost entirely on Licensed Sony technology. Olympus is licensing Sony technology and going e mount.

Sony literally created a new paradigm in photography. Why would they need to pay marketers when they have changed the industry's technological landscape, driving innovation and capturing new sales?
>>
^guys remember to report, hide and not reply to posts like these. M/p/GA
>>
There are no good message boards anywhere.
>>
>>3039703
>Personality Vacuum: The Post
>>
>>3039703

why would they need to pay marketers when they have an army of autistic people who keep buying their ''''''''''''''''''new''''''''''''' shit every time and are killing the whole market?

Nikon is smart for keeping it strong atm, canon were cucked by sony, fuji is more like a rebel into all that shit. pentax still the nerd eating glue in the corner.

so, fuck yourself
>>
>>3039126
That really sounds different from 4chan. Oh wait no it doesn't.
>>
File: sonycuk.jpg (660KB, 1000x1306px) Image search: [Google]
sonycuk.jpg
660KB, 1000x1306px
I see Snoty's market share in Japan did well last year.

https://www.bcnaward.jp/award/gallery/2017/hard/p2.html

cue foaming at the mouth rage, take it away moopclown

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image Created2017:03:15 21:28:09
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height1306
>>
>>3039834
When was the last time you saw an Asian photographer with an ounce of talent?

Also Japan has been in economic decline since the 80s. Their market is meaningless.
>>
>>3039838
wew, you can smell the butthurt from over here
>>
Shhh if you listen carefully you can hear poopco scraping the bottom of the internet in search of evidence that sony are selling all the cameras and Canikon are teetering on the brink of going tits up.

Then he'll post his findings here pretending to be someone else
>>
>>3039829
>Nikon keeping it strong

being this delusional on /pee/
>>
>>3039834

The chart makes sense. The last interesting body Sony released was þe a7rii in 2015. No one is buying anything in 2017 because of the rumors of new releases soon.

They also had product shortages through most of 2016.

They will probably take back the lead this year with their a7iii and a9
>>
>>3039832
yeah but at least on 4chan if you want to call someone a talentless sihtstain you can
>>
>>3039946
>call someone a talentless sihtstain you can
Feeling the need to do so is just a shallow attempt to justify your own worthlessness and underscores your immaturity
>>
>>3039307
Far from, but it seems I struck a nerve Mr/Ms Reddshitter. No I have been coming to 4 Chan on&off since, well it started. I never go to Reddshit since it is full of the I need a safe space people, and the Trump is not my presidents types.
Since you people have inhabited this board it has pretty much turned into /b/ lite. So do all of the actual /p/ denizens a favor, and return to that foul hole you came from.
Also I am sorry that Trump is my president. But then I would have been equally sorry if Clinton was. This is not /pol/ so that is all I have to say on that.
>>
>>3040037
Just fuck off back to your safespace already >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>3039946
>Not realizing that with anonymity his insults have no weight
It's okay sonycuck, one day you will see the light and leave the basement. Until then have fun with your shilling! You might earn enough for some tendies!
>>
File: 1468540202117.jpg (20KB, 480x405px) Image search: [Google]
1468540202117.jpg
20KB, 480x405px
>>3039838

Diado
>>
>>3040210
>have fun with your shilling! You might earn enough
He actually works for Fuji. His job is to embarrass Sony Corp
>>
>>3040343

I am pretty sute Sony has zero social media presence.

It is why they are such a huge FUD and false flag target, no one defends them except rabid sonyfags who everyone ignores anyway.
>>
>>3040354
You mean their shills don't even get PAID? That is pretty sad...
>>
File: lenspleasure.jpg (78KB, 394x525px) Image search: [Google]
lenspleasure.jpg
78KB, 394x525px
>>3038942
way to prove ops point

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image Created2008:04:22 21:11:12
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width394
Image Height525
>>
>>3038942
>has there ever been a more wrong statement?
how does it feel to be an incorrect and false faggot who is also wrong and not right
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.