[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do they manage to shoot in such low light with so little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

How do they manage to shoot in such low light with so little noise? They can't use any less than 1/80 shutter and any more than f/5 aperture.
>>
>>3038507
are you retard? who says there's no artificial light?
>>
>>3038510
Of course there is, but it's scarce.
>>
>>3038507
I'll bet you anything that it was tons of light in there and that it was super bright in there. They just fool fags like you that don't know anything with a few seconds of editing.
>>
>>3038512

There's a huge light high up camera left.
>>
Low light doesn't mean high noise.

If they pushed it up in post you'd be able to see noise, like trainspotting 2, there are scenes there were you can see it's been pushed up way too high in post. OR, ridiculously high ISO which most cameras today are fine with. But in your case, low light does not mean More noise
>>
>>3038507
by not shooting in low light.
Google a day 1 intro to lighting and you won't be stupid enough to think "it looks dark on tv = it was dark in the camera room"

A 1/1000s shutter speed will get a dark image even in a brightly lit crowd. Artificial lights let them paint the exact directions and intensities of every shadow and by artificially darkening the image in post-processing, they don't add extra noise like they would if they shot an actual dark room.
>>
>>3038533
Then why did God Almighty Kubrick had to resort to a NASA custom 0.75 lens with 0.01" dpeth of field?
>>
>>3038565
Because he didn't have a PC and Adobe Premiere to fiddle around on with his digital camera recordings.
Besides, you'll have a very hard time accurately replicating pure (PURE) candlelight with artificial lighting. He wanted that candlelight and he didn't have any other option.
>>
>>3038583
Sounds plausible. Anyway I like better Kubrick's low light shots than Tattoo's, even though they're far superior visually.
>>
>>3038565
Look at the candles in the OP image, they don't even act as light sources since the surrounding lights are so overpowering
>>
>>3038507
Years ago I saw a film crew in a local skate park. Went over to have a look, it was in the afternoon on an overcast day. There was an actor pretending to be dead with loads of lights around the place and a camera on a boom. Looked a bit shit

A couple of years later the movie was on telly so I watched it to see the scene. The park was in darkness lit by the "Moon" and "street lights" the body illumunated by "flashing police lights and a fire". Looked cool.

It was a real "Ahhh... I see" moment.
>>
What camera would Kubrick always carry in his coat pocket if he was still alive and kicking?
>>
>>3038507

Sony A7S
>>
>>3038590
the truth
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.