[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>CANON What the fuck is Canon up too? Is it even worth buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ZPR-CANON-EOS-M5-BEAUTY.jpg (184KB, 1024x890px) Image search: [Google]
ZPR-CANON-EOS-M5-BEAUTY.jpg
184KB, 1024x890px
>CANON

What the fuck is Canon up too? Is it even worth buying one of their DSLRs now since they will inevitably go mirrorless within the next 5 years?

DSLR sales are crashing hard, mirrorless has a steady momentum and the EOS M5 is a decent little camera.

Is it possible to make a mirrorless EF Mount camera? (>inb4 hurrdurr muh small size pfpfpfp) I just want to know if it is possible, after that would it be logical for them to do so or instead use the new M Mount? (Is the M Mount even FF compatible??)

I currently shoot on a mirrorless system, however my business is growing and I want to invest in a more complete and reliable system, the obvious choice seems Canon but It is not a small invstment I do no want to drop 10k into the system to have it be discarded in a few years time (obviously Canon will not kill their DSLR line) but it could definitely become the mirrorless lines aged whore cousin once they shift their focus (similar to the A Mount and E Mount)
>>
>>3038132
>Is it possible to make a mirrorless EF Mount camera?
>remove mirror
>keep mirror box space
>???
>mirrorless EF mount
>>
>>3038155

Would the lenses still work the same? Why are all mirrorless systems focus by wire?
>>
>>3038132
video quality looks like ass though.
only magic lantern can save this thing.
>>
>>3038157
cheaper, more compact.
>>
>>3038186
>implying focus by wire is good in any way
kys my man
>>
>>3038267
It offers the potential for much faster and more accurate af.

No need to hold back new technology because you have rose tinted specs over outdated tech homie.

>telling someone to kill themselves because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Smh.
>>
>>3038270
You're an idiot, it moves the same mechanism that the focus ring does with a simple clutch system.
>>
>>3038132
>DSLR sales are crashing hard, mirrorless has a steady momentum and the EOS M5 is a decent little camera.
Source on these very weighty claims?
>>
>>3038347
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RjCWsohxE
>>
>>3038157

I'd be more interested in focus by wire if it didn't vary focus changes by how fast you spin the ring.

It should be a setting at least.
>>
>>3038132

Sales are crashing, DSLRs are doomed lol

The problem is that manufacturers want to make $$$$ bilions every year and when people are not buying their SLIGHTLY improved new body, it's a disaster.

Everyone knows it's not about camera bodies it's about the lenses.

1. Find lenses which will allow you to produce images with the look you are after,
2. Look into dynamic range and ISO invariance
3. Consider how much will you need fast auto-focus (are you shooting sports)
4. Then looking at above, buy a body to go with the lens.
>>
>>3038348
That is not a credible source.
>>
Both DSLR and mirrorless sales are falling, it's only that DSLR sales are falling much more than mirrorless.
>>
This is excellent news.

With all the plebs just buying phones now, perhaps canikon can go back to focusing on the pro and enthusiast market.

Give us a solid replcement camera every 5 or 6 years instead of 5 lineups at once, and jack those prices up.
>>
>>3038494
the gooks at canikon literally just slap in a new sony sensor with 4 new autofocus points and call it a day while autists like you line up for seconds. stop being a sheep and get on the cutting edge with a sony set up you fucking numale
>>
>>3038699
so mad
>>
>>3038699
>sheep
>shilling for Sony

Aye aye, Captain!
>>
>>3038699
This is awfully ironic, considering how quickly and frequently Sony releases new cameras with minor changes...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.