[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DJI Mavic Pro: RC not connecting to Drone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: DJI_Mavic_Pro.jpg (89KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
DJI_Mavic_Pro.jpg
89KB, 720x480px
Anyone here got a Drone?
Specifically, the DJI Mavic Pro?

My DJI Mavic Pro arrived yesterday just in time for a project shoot. But, i'm having major issues straight out of the box:

> Open package, charge everything.
> Download the DJI GO 4 app, go through the motions of signing up to DJI, activate my drone, etc.
> Turn on the controller, plug in phone and relaunch the DJI GO app.
> Download latest firmware, as prompted.
> It gets to 39% and stops for a few minutes.
> Suddenly, phonecall from my gf. She's stuck miles away and I have to come get her, she's got a show tonight.
> Get ready to leave immediately
> Phone rings. "Don't worry, it's all sorted now. I have a lift home."
> Okay, right, so back to the Firmware update.

> Relaunch app, no idea if the firmware completed or not. I assume it didn't, because I had to answer the phone. Wether the update runs in the background or not, I have no idea.

> Decide best thing to do at this point is reset the firmware cache and start again from scratch.
> Now, my RC won't connect to my phone, or my drone. It's constantly stuck in "connecting..."

>I've tried using the cable and directly connecting my RC to DJI Assistant 2 (on my phone, on my mac, on my pc), but even that doesn't recognise the RC. The cable is fine, i've tried it on the Drone and it recognises it. The problem is isolated to the RC.

> Spend the best part of yesterday looking through forums and apparently a lot of people have the same issue. the Firmware update got to 30-40% and then froze (I happened to answer my phone during the freeze, backing out of the App during the freeze)

Do I have to send this back to China?
No kidding, it took 5 months between pre-order and now to receive it. I'm fucking shitting myself at the prospect of going through all that shit again.

I know it's a long shot but i've tried everything I can think, can anyone here help?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:09:23 11:26:22
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height800
>>
Back it goes I'm afraid buddy.

And have you flown a drone before? They take a LOT of practice to get good shots. I wouldn't plan a shoot within 6 months of it arriving.
>>
>>3037302
Thanks for the reply man.
No never flown before, but today I was supposed to be going out with a drone photographer and he was gonna show me the ropes.

To top it off my gf is breaking up with me by the looks of things. Today's a bit shit.

I'll take this as a tally mark in the 'Send back to China' column.
>>
>>3037301
what phone are you using? they have a list of supported devices out there somewhere. its not specifically for the magic pro but I bet it lines up pretty well.

I had similar issues and realized my phone was not supported. ended up repairing an old iPhone for all my drone needs.
>>
Yeah op, you can't stop the firmware update or you fuck up the drone. If you can't recover send it into the DJI center in CA. It's reasonable on return time especially for you mav pro users since the firestorm of loose quality control.
>>
>>3037388
Using an iPhone 5S. It says it's supported on the description. But who knows. Thanks for the tip anyway man.

>>3037413
>>3037302
So i've been in contact with DJI and by the looks of it, it's a common firmware problem and it needs to be sent back for replacement. So that's not too bad I suppose, at least they're exchanging it. Wait time should be a week or two. I'm okay with that.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.