[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOT TIPS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: hot tips.png (2MB, 1895x740px) Image search: [Google]
hot tips.png
2MB, 1895x740px
THIS IS A THREAD FOR HOT TIPS ONLY. I'LL START:

1. Sometimes the light is just going to be coming from the wrong direction and there's nothing you can do about it right then and there. Come back when the sun is in the other part of the sky. Lifted shadows just look fake and lame.

2. Whenever you're going to start a photo session, try to take 20 or 30 unique photos in the first five minutes or so. They don't need to be good or technically great, they just need to be unique. You probably won't even get any keepers out of it, it's just an exercise to get the creative juices flowing and to loosen up your shutter finger. When I say unique, I mean having a motif, composition, approach and statement that's different from the photos preceding it. It's not enough to just have 30 photos of 30 different mailboxes, for instance. You want to have a photo of a mailbox and a deadpan photo of a dumpster and some trees and the sky and maybe a totally out of focus photo, etc etc etc.

3. If you're doing model/fashion photography, it's also extremely helpful to have a bunch of throwaway "burn frames" in the beginning to loosen up both you and the model. Don't jump straight into the serious money poses.

4. In general, be committed to shooting a lot of photos and throwing most of them away. This is true EVEN IF YOU SHOOT FILM. Don't get married to your first shot of a scene. Work it, explore it. Let your camera hang from your side and just walk around it. If you're shooting street, sit there and observe the ebb and flow.

5. If you're walking a long distance, buy good shoes.

6. If you're nervous about shooting in public, try to own the discomfort and work with it. Inconvenience people. Set your tripod up in the middle of the sidewalk. Act like you belong. Would a TV news crew act shy? Probably not, so why should you?
>>
100 saturation on LR every photo
>>
>>3036790
>1. Sometimes the light is just going to be coming from the wrong direction and there's nothing you can do about it right then and there. Come back when the sun is in the other part of the sky. Lifted shadows just look fake and lame.

"i only shoot naturally light with no reflectors"
>>
>>3036793
>Lifted shadows just look fake and lame.
Canon too.
>>
File: so hot.png (148KB, 249x349px) Image search: [Google]
so hot.png
148KB, 249x349px
>>3036792

that is one hot tip my man.

>>3036793

i mean, flash photography is pretty limited for everything besides portraiture. The tip was mostly for stuff like landscape/architecture/nature/street.. exactly where artificial light doesn't do a fuckin' thing.

Also, reflectors do a better job than lifted shadows any day of the week.. so I guess you're agreeing with me? I'm not really sure since I don't speak idiot.
>>
File: 1476615852482.jpg (181KB, 518x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476615852482.jpg
181KB, 518x360px
>>3036792
>not applying 100 saturation then saving as jpeg
>not re-importing that jpeg and adding 100 saturation again
wtf are you even doing anon
>>
>>3036790
>Lifted shadows just look fake and lame.
This 1000 times
>>
File: intredasting suggestions.png (563KB, 2212x1163px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting suggestions.png
563KB, 2212x1163px
>>3036790
Are you the very same OP? post moar plz.
>>
>>3036883

Not a pro, but 8 is so true.
>>
if you shoot a roll and you fucked it up, just kill yourself.
>>
>>3036892
this.

i do it all everytime i fuck a roll.
>>
File: Kenrockwellbogpill2.jpg (2MB, 1200x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Kenrockwellbogpill2.jpg
2MB, 1200x1535px
>>3036792

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1200
Image Height1535
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:03:02 09:21:01
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1200
Image Height1535
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.