[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys have against Olympus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

What do you guys have against Olympus?
>>
Fuji.
>>
>>3035300
Now that they've confirmed they're moving over to FE mount, nothing.
>>
M4/3
>>
S. E. N. S. O. R. S. I. Z. E.
>>
I use an OM1, no complaints other than the slightly clunky shutter noise, but the zuiko lenses are sharp and inexpensive so it's worth it.
>>
1/2 frame
Panasonic does Olympus better than Olympus
>>
>What do you guys have against Olympus?
I wouldn't say I have anything against them, but the only remotely interesting thing they've ever manufactured was the original Pen F.
Their compacts and SLR's are overrated and if I wanted a small format sensor, I'd buy a point and shoot.
>>
>>3035300
They have fuckwin film cameras. Don't give 2 shits about their micro 4 turds cameras - just seem weak for the price.
>>
Their compact cameras are generally nice, assuming you're not allergic to a "PASM plus idiot modes" dial. The problem with Olympus is that their proper interchangeable-lens cameras are also basically compact cameras, in an era where a GR has a 28mm equivalent prime and an APS sensor, for less than a m43 Pen F.

However, it's a given that in the future sensors will get better. So just like there's now acceptable APS sensors, there'll one day be acceptable m43 sensors. Glass for the system will likely retain its worth, especially since the platform isn't strictly proprietary.

But the aspect ratio will still be super wrong. Fortunately, that's fixable without throwing all the glass away.
>>
>>3035384
this
>>
File: tabs_panel_forground1.png (908KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
tabs_panel_forground1.png
908KB, 1000x750px
I just put my PEN F on eBay this morning. I found it great but I'm a JPG FGT and the colour jpgs aren't as good as Fujifilm.
The Olympus menus are fucking awful as well to a simplistic fuck like me. It's the opposite of purist. The Image stabilisation is incredible as well!
Now I just need to decide to put the money in Leica M9 or Fuji X100F. Still can't believe the X100F is £1250!
>>
>>3035504
>But the aspect ratio will still be super wrong.
There are people that thinks that there is no aesthetic reason for 3:2. It is just a format that we inherited from the 35mm film era where it was necessary to use as much film width as possible without being unreasonable wide.
>>
>>3035300
Nothing, I own a pen-ee that my girlfriend shoots. I like it alot, light enough to be easy to hold, heavy enough to feel substantial. It being half frame is handy for every day snapshits.
>>
>>3035309
source?
>>
>>3037084
They aren't, but they are expanding their lenses to FE
>>
>>3035300
Not a good e-penis extender since it has a colossal half a stop less whatever than APS-C

>>3035309
They aren't, they're making some lens designs for Sony
>>
>>3035303

Olympus shits on Fuj for half the price.
>>
>>3037442
>making lens for sony
There will be an olympus fe mount body soon, looks like an om1, aimed at the budget end of ff.

I'm stoked.
>>
>>3037759

wut

Source.

I know they patented some FF mirrorless lenses last year, but I hadn't heard any confirmation.
>>
>>3035346
What are you talking about? that shits quiet as fuck
>>
>having something against a camera company
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.