[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hasselblad X1D-50c or Fujifilm GFX 50S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0732.jpg (71KB, 1024x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.jpg
71KB, 1024x620px
The Hasselblad looks fantastic and I like the integrated viewfinder. The Fuji is getting better reviews though. Unsure which would be the better camera in terms of shooting experience.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1024
Image Height620
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3033879
I've got an x1d and it's really good in the hands- and constant firmware updates are getting the software up to scratch too. is 100x nicer to use than the GFX, with the big exception of the viewfinder, which isn't great.
>>
>>3033879
They both have the same sensor, but the Fuji is much larger, is limited to 1/125 sync speed, has a basic bayer filter (no xtrans magic here).

Personally I'd stay well away until revision 2 for both, which will have a global electronic shutter. Unless you only intend to buy new, native lenses, in which case the blad makes much more sense.
>>
>>3033879
>Fujifilm GFX 50S
2500 dollars cheaper

same sensor

so if a few features are worth 2500 dollars to you then go for it...
>>
File: COIviUv.png (30KB, 1788x1029px) Image search: [Google]
COIviUv.png
30KB, 1788x1029px
>CMOS Sensor
in the trash it goes
this is why Phase is the pro system and Hasselbad is Chinese shit
>>
>>3033970
? The phase 100mp is cmos, and the 50mp is an identical sensor to the one in the x1d
>>
What do you need a digital MF camera for?
>>
>>3034181
You don't, unless you're a high-end studio or need professional photos of stuff.

It's not really a consumer camera, and pointless if it was marketed as.

Digital MF is cool, but absolutely irrelevant to the average photographer
>>
>>3034182
Not to mention the average pleb that would be viewing your work couldn't tell the difference between an FF and MF camera on an 8x10 or computer screen.
>>
>>3034189
Yep, so it's a waste of money to the average photographer.
>>
>>3034180
Pretty much everybody uses CMOS now because it has overtaken CCD is nearly every way.

I think the only area where CCD's are still relevant is in astro photography, since CMOS does still get a lot of noise in long exposures.
>>
The GFX is obviously the superior camera though the Hasselblad is a leaf shutter system which is also nice.

However.. The better system is obviously the Fuji system, the obvious next step is global shutter (someone has already mentioned it), Fuji have even stated this themselves.

The current size of the GFX is due to the focal plane shutter, the size would be reduced drastically once global shutter is implemented, global shutter would also render leaf shutters obsolete.

You can invest more into the Hasselblad system right now, and regret it later or just go with the GFX (which is honestly still better than the X1D) and have even better options later.

The first anon claims to have an X1D and has stated its getting firmware updates (not something I have personally heard about) however, I have read in multiple places that the X1D firmware is horrendous (with like 10 second start up times etc) as well as the shitty viewfinder (not even as good as smething like an XT2 EVF).

All that said, I do agree that the X1D looks way nicer, the GFX is ugly as fuck but it is definitely the best system.
>>
File: ComparisonToolGFX4.jpg (191KB, 1152x576px) Image search: [Google]
ComparisonToolGFX4.jpg
191KB, 1152x576px
>>3033879
They're both shit
Just get an a7rii, it produces sharper images and has better lenses.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image Width864
Image Height576
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:03:04 18:18:17
Image Width1152
Image Height576
>>
>>3034533
Fuck off Rimmer
>>
>>3034533
Guess which one is the a7rii @ 6400.

Clue: it's not the one on the left.
>>
>>3034548
We were already aware fuji bakes in nr to its raws, this shot proves that fuji is still not prepared to cater to professionals.
>>
>>3034548
Guess which camera cost half as much, weighs half as much, has at least twice as many lenses and shoots endlessly better video

Clue: it's not the one on the left
>>
It's funny how people go for QUALITY, VIDEOZ, lowlight shit, when you can't simulate a MF image with FF without a ton of pain in the ass.
Seriously, if the reason for deciding on what MF to pick is up to HOW HIGH ISO I CAN GO or MEGAPIXLS, OR CAN SHOOT VIDOZ IN 16k!(!) 205FPS MTF AF, then you should hang yourself on a roll of kodak film.
>>
>>3034582
>implying the affordable mf sensors comes anywhere near mf film size, it's barely half of 645.
>>
>>3034548

>three times the price
>no lenses
>raws at high iso look identical once NR is applied to a7rii
>not even real MF

Why are we excited about this again?
>>
>>3034585
>it's barely half of 645.
How much is half pixels of half of 645?
>>
>>3034573

>endlessly better video
>still 8-bit
>still rolling shutter
>still worse than a camera that costs half as much again, weighs half as much and has at least twice as many lenses

Why even shoot full frame at this point?
>>
>>3034611
The other Anon is right. There are two Full Frame sensors that are designed for amazing low light video, and become very much unique tools due to that capability.

The MF sensors are only designed for Stills, and are far too slow for high quality video.
>>
>>3034614

8 B I T
B
I
T

R O L L I N G
S
H
U
T
T
E
R

They're toys, my man, not tools. Did you see The VVitch? Tons of amazing naturally lit scenes in low light. I thought to myself while watching it, "surely this is shot on an A7s.."

Nope, Arri Alexa at ISO 3200 and it was more than enough. ISO 25,600 is a meme.
>>
>>3034616
And despite that, the MF camera still has worse video.

There is no need to put down great cameras that lead in their respective areas.
>>
>>3034618

I never said it had better video. The medium format cameras makes better stills.

the m4/3 camera makes better video..

Whence the need for full frame, then?
>>
>>3034611
A7Rii has greatly reduced rolling shutter when you use its Full frame mode.
>>
>>3034620
>The medium format cameras makes better stills.
They are too heavy to lug around. And they are too slow for faster action.
>the m4/3 camera makes better video..
These are worse in many situations like indoors.
>>
>>3034611
Just fyi, the next sony is confirmed to have global electronic shutter and a new file type to replace raw as they found it to be too limiting, and unlimited raw burst, and 4k 60fps.
>>
>>3034630

Raw isn't even a file type, fucktard. It's a description of a file type.

You sound like one of those kids whose dad works for PlayStation and you got to play the PlayStation 5 and it's sickkkkkk and you've got it at your house right now but when I go over your dad had to take it back to work last night because they need to put more graphics in it and the next GTA is going to be the whole world and a PlayStation exclusive!
>>
>>3034634
No, it's a container format, just like .avi

Think of raw like a toolbox, and something like a .nef file as an item made by the tools.
>>
>>3034630
And it will still have 30 MB/s transfer speeds and a single card slot. Sony doesn't need any help getting btfo.
>>
>>3034653
If that's what you are pinning your hopes on, you will be disappointed.

From the looks of it, the BionZ X processor is receiving a massive redesign, to be able to support new encoders and upgraded bus speed.
>>
>>3034656
>carefully typing out the processor brand name with full capitalisation

Thanks m8, that made my day.
>>
>>3034653
It's already confirmed for dual xqd card slots, sony have also just released the worlds fastest memory cards in preparation, 400Mb/s read and write. Because unlimited raw burst.
>>
>>3034660
That's the least I can do for someone who has his hopes and dreams based on how much he wish Sony to fail.. You're going to need all the help you can get.
>>
>>3034623
>They are too heavy to lug around. And they are too slow for faster action.
Just use film. It's lighter and faster.
>>
>>3034684
habblesad x1d-50c body only - 750g
Pentax 645n body only (probably the most compact slr) - 1280g

dumbleshitskin
>>
>>3034662

Historically, Sony always does so well with proprietary storage media.

;)
>>
>>3034699
You basicaly never shot film, boi.
>>
>>3034706

The 400mb card is SD.

Also XQD is the SD successor, not another special snowflake Sony standard.
>>
>>3033879
If you can afford these, what the fuck are you doing on this piss poor amateur board? If you can't, what the fuck does it matter to you which one is better asking like you'd buy one or the other tomorrow?
>>
File: Job_0001.jpg (114KB, 1000x531px) Image search: [Google]
Job_0001.jpg
114KB, 1000x531px
>>3034751
Implying X1D owners don't constantly lurk /p/

Equipment MakeHasselblad
Camera ModelHasselblad X1D-50c
PhotographerJake Reeder
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Subject Distance0.45 m
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length45.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height531
>>
>>3034920
are you just a richfag or do you actually work in the industry?
>>
>>3034241
>the obvious next step is global shutter
That's a decade away from happening for MF at the very least.

MF sensor development works at a painfully slow pace, because the market is nearly invisible.
Current gen MF cameras are not something that will be outdated in just a few years.

The Pentax sensor was developed in 2014, and according to Fujifilm, it's not until another 2-3 more years before it possibly gets updated.
We're talking about +6 year generation cycle at the minimum for these MF sensors.

That means you're going to be waiting +12 years for your Global Shutter on your MF, it it isn't incorporated the next time.

I will gladly take the Leaf shutter on the Hasselblad instead. It's a practical superior here and now solution.
>>
>>3035177
I agree that the promise of a global shutter is no good reason to suggest that leaf shutter lenses aren't a HUGE advantage currently, but I don't think it's 10 years away. Phase already have a crude electronic shutter, and the trend towards lower cost/higher volume MF suggests that there might be a bit more innovation. That being said, I'd agree that it's still several years away- perhaps not a decade, but hardly around the corner.
>>
>>3035177
Spot the guy that doesn't know how sensors are made. I bet you a dollar there will be a global shutter mf camera on the market within 2 years.

And the hassleblad doesn't have a leaf shutter, its lenses do.
>>
>>3035219
Spot the retard who thinks it's cheap to develop brand new sensors.

Unless you're willing to pay hundreds of thousand dollars per camera, that's not going to happen.

They aren't going to sink money into something for a few special snowflakes.
>>
What's the big deal with Global Shutter anyway?
Isn't it just a feature for video?
>>
>>3035283
It would mean flash sync at all shutter speeds, silent photo taking, no more confusion between putting the shutter in lens or body, limitless compatibility with old, adapted lenses AND no more rolling shutter.

It's also the first stepping stone to a per pixel controlled sensor, which would allow for limitless dynamic range.
>>
>>3035016
I actually take pictures for money
>>
>>3035289
How much will you pay for mine?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.