[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nippon Kōgaku turns 100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Witness this fucking grey-painted plastic cuckoldry.
Are they not ashamed?
Their company's fabled century-old heritage reduced to a fucking specially coloured gameboy and 3 pleb zooms.

>no FM4
>no 28/1.8 AiS
>no 58/1.4 AiS
>no 105/1.4 AiS

I suspect there are going to be a few engineers committing sudoku soon.

>https://www.dpreview.com/news/8100419712/cp-2017-nikon-shows-off-100th-anniversary-d5-and-d500

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelNX1
Image-Specific Properties:
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
ISO Speed Rating1250
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length16.00 mm
Exposure ModeUnknown
White BalanceManual
>>
Why do you care more than they do
>>
Looks like a normal Nikon to me.
>>
who the fuck cares about the colour of their camera
>>
>special lens cap
Impressive...

So this, is the power of Nikon.
>>
>>3032602
To be fair though, it does have an enhanced shoulder strap in the deal.
>>
File: Pentax-KP-DSLR-camera.jpg (317KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pentax-KP-DSLR-camera.jpg
317KB, 1280x720px
Meanwhile at Pentax
>>
File: ZURSILVERBODY-2.jpg (116KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
ZURSILVERBODY-2.jpg
116KB, 1024x770px
>>3032871
They also make better retro editions
>>
it also comes in D3100 glossy red
>>
File: kp_handson_09.jpg (58KB, 589x442px) Image search: [Google]
kp_handson_09.jpg
58KB, 589x442px
>>3032871
Too bad it doesn't look the part. The really got it right with the MX-1 years ago, and I wish they tried something again like that but as a MILC.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G85
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length25.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
why would you care?
>>
>>3032891
MX-1 was ALMOST good, they forgot to put an evf in an MX style "pentaprism" housing. Now it just looks like a shitty brass brick.

>trying to be retro
>dont go all the way

And they couldve gone even further with actual iso and shutter dial on top plate
>>
>>3032593
My only complaint:

Why does a nearly indestructible camera need such a huge flight case with all that padding?
>>
They could have made a digital back for the F3.
>>
>>3032962
heres your digital back for the f3
*unzips dick*
>>
>>3032965
why were your dick zipped? It might hurt as fuck!
>>
File: nikon100anniversary_processed_16.jpg (482KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nikon100anniversary_processed_16.jpg
482KB, 2000x1500px
>>3032895
People want the D900, not the same D5 again with special edition body cap and strap.

Nikon is so fucking out of touch with what their customers actually want. It's the same pattern all over again like when they canceled the DL 18-50.

Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelNX1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Camera Raw 9.8 (Macintosh)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)58 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:02:25 11:32:56
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length38.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Exposure ModeUnknown
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3032972

This cost them nothing, though... it isn't even a new model. You're not getting it "instead" of anything.
>>
>>3032975
>You're not getting it "instead" of anything.
We got some Keymission action cams last year instead of the D900.

I suspect this year will be the same story.
>>
>>3032972
D810 still a excellent camera for the actual market. Calm down your sonyfag, not everything should be replaced in the next year!

They did a very nice work with the new D500. The cancel of the DL was a pro move from Nikon.

the real truth is: The customers are losing touch with reality and want everything as faster as possible.

btw, that gungray 100th edit it beautiful, I wish I could afford at least the D500 for specials purposes.
>>
File: nikondfancestor.jpg (61KB, 940x626px) Image search: [Google]
nikondfancestor.jpg
61KB, 940x626px
>>3032593
>>no FM4
>>no 28/1.8 AiS
>>no 58/1.4 AiS
>>no 105/1.4 AiS

Why?
The FM3a was a piss poor seller that you can still find new in the box with ease. same as the F6

now a DF in a FM body with now chipmming screen, the ISO and shutter speed on origina dial, quality and white balance on the old rewind dial, and a working shutter leaver instead of automatic shutter. they could even bring back the MD12 to enable drive mode.

I would buy one
>>
They had the technology ready last year to announce a D820 with 36MP sensor and upgraded D5 AF sensor.
This would have been sensible since it was 2 years after the D810.

Now I'm guessing they want an even larger update, a D900 with 60+ MP and D5 AF. This will probably come in 2018, 4 years after D810. Which is sort of okay.

>>3032982
When is an acceptable time for the D900 according to you?
2018? 2019? 2020? 2021?
>>
>>3032987
when the market really needs it. anything better, they could sell or lend to companies who really uses it!

It's like quantum computers, there's a few in 'use', but you don't see it at a Best Buy for sell.
>>
>>3032994
You keep dodging the question instead of answering with a simple year.
>>
>>3032995
you keep being a fool don't understand there isn't a specific year for something new being release. You just a fool consumer, you do not understand about what the market is... common mistake, not your fault, you just want newer things being release whenever possible.
>>
>>3032593
>not buying it for investment.
this shit will double in price 100 years from now.
>>
>>3033107
In a few years Nikon will be 2 generations behind in high resolution sensor, and you will still be yapping the same sentence.
>th-the market don't need it, the market is smart, no need
>>
>>3033114
the market will probably collapse in a 3 years because of the vast numbers of releases, mirrorless cameras and cellphones cameras. Just a matter of time, kiddo.

btw, I still using a D700 and many protogs I know in fashion and editorial are using t3i/t4i or D3200/D5100. Many protogs I know for photojournalism still using 1DmkII or III or D3/D3s. The flagships like the 1DxmkII or D5 are used only by a few photographers and most of them notice that it's just an overkill in their job.

of course many people dream about flagships, but they don't quite need it. That's the why the number of DSLRs sales are falling and the number of mirrorless are linear :^)

You're just a gear fag
>>
I guarantee all of the people in this thread bitching about that camera can barely afford a d3400.

shut the fuck up and know your role. if the FM3a is such a superior camera then buy one and shoot that instead, oh wait you people probably can't afford those either.

bitching about the quality of a camera you can't afford is ridiculous, listen to yourselves.

These threads are cancer.
>>
>>3033109
>>not buying it for investment.
>this shit will double in price 100 years from now.

In 100 years cameras will have 200 fps, 100 tera pixels, ISO 10 trillion and will take 3d photos.

They will be just as valuable as sony mavikas now. In the trash it goes!
>>
>>3033394
today's cameras already 1 trillion FPS.

you need consumer market lessons and stop being such a gear fag.
>>
Cameras with built-in grips look so fucking ugly.
I'd still love to own that camera tho ofc.
>>
>>3033114
>In a few years Nikon will be 2 generations behind in high resolution sensor, and you will still be yapping the same sentence.
>implying resolutions aren't getting a diminishing returns brickwall lately
Who the fuck would ever need more than 60 megapixels? At that resolution you can take a 100% crop and it would still be sharp as a razor.
Face it lad, there's no reason for Nikon to release the D900 when the D810 is still one of the best cameras in the fucking market. Yearly releases are dumb and pointless, something as expensive and powerful as a professional DSLR doesn't need incremental updates all the time.
>>
>>3032984
>The FM3a was a piss poor seller that you can still find new in the box with ease.
Nigga please.
It was so popular for actual photography that they continued to sell it long after its inital purpose as a commemorative release expired.
You can find it NIB because so many were bought on speculation, because they are such an obviously desirable and collectible camera.
I paid $550 for mine and use it heavily, and I'm confident I'll never lose money on it.
>>
>>3033619

>Who the fuck would ever need more than 60 megapixels?

Oh I don't know, perhaps the same people who said this:

"When we set the upper limit of PC-DOS at 640K, we thought nobody would ever need that much memory."

Just because you feel the need to set an arbitrary maximum upper resolution limit, does not mean that the rest of the world will agree to follow your short-sightedness.

If 60 megapixels is all you personally can handle, it's nice to know some people recognize their own limitations.
>>
>>3033631
it's original list was $820 body only, in 2005 or 6 Nikon USA drastically slashed the price to get them out of their warehouse. The price of a new body was just too high when lightly used FM2 and FE cameras were going for $200-250 and have everything the FM3a has except TTL flash.

Today a heavily used FM3 won't fetch much more than the other f bodies but hopefully you got great utility out of it.
>>
>>3033651
>FM2 and FE cameras were going for $200-250 and have everything the FM3a has except TTL flash.
Everything except the fact that the FM3 is both of them combined.
The FM3 also has AE Lock and a fill-flash expo comp button.
The FM3 is also potentially decades newer than the others. So there's that.
Having to discount a product at end of life in a catastrophically declining marketplace (film circa 2005) doesn't make it a failure of a product.
And incase your head's been under a rock lately, film is having a rennaissance right now, as people realise that actually having an actual photo and actually having it look nice are worthwhile things.
>>
>>3033619
This is true. Look at the past when the previous technology stabilised. People could use a good camera for years, decades even. Professional and non-professionals. The technology should reach a plateau of practicality and results. Obsessive gearfags fap over the non stop increments like they do with their gaming PC and other shit.
>>
>>3033619
>Who the fuck would ever need more than 60 megapixels
a small group of professionals do but resolution is not the problem.most 35mm lenses can barely resolve 24mp, even a lot of MF camera lenses struggle to make the most of 50mp sensors.
lens design is just one way Phase / Schneider has been murdering Hasselbad / fooojii
>>
>>3033648
Strange how you tried to twist the fact that diminishing returns are hitting hard regarding camera resolution into trying to personally insult me, without providing an actual argument of your own as to why anyone would need a higher resolution than this.
>>
>>3033765

>Obsessive gearfags fap over the non stop increments like they do with their gaming PC and other shit.

All yhe new tech going into these things is pretty damn neat.

But yea, it will be great when digital sensors actually mature to the point where this years new version doesn't blow last years out of the water.

Shit, I wish someone would just make a body that let you upgrade the sensor module.
>>
>>3032972
Why does Nikon have a pacman logo on their caps?
>>
>>3032593
I'm pretty stunned that we haven't seen any sign of at least a classic camera re-release. This is the company that reissued two of their '50s rangefinders only a decade or so ago, and the film and classic camera hobbies have been on the rise lately, so I would've just about bet money that we'd get an F reissue or something.

I guess we still have almost 9 months for them to come up with something, though.
>>
>>3035269
>get your credit cards ready, bois
How much would /p/ actually be prepared to pay for a re-man'd F?
>assuming that they would only make a limited edition of 100 units
>>
>>3033951
I think it's their cryptic way of saying "turn clockwise to open".
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.