[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is about photographers that makes them assholes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: YourTypicalAutist.jpg (69KB, 452x678px) Image search: [Google]
YourTypicalAutist.jpg
69KB, 452x678px
Why is the photography community so obnoxious, pretentious, jaded, bitter, selfish and toxic?

Videos related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1jUXC6858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckSm10LZauA

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePix A820
Camera SoftwareCapture NX 2.0.0 W
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.9
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Maker Note Version0130
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2010:05:12 02:42:16
Exposure Time7692307/100000000 sec
F-Numberf/3.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.0
Brightness-0.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length9.90 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width452
Image Height678
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Flash ModeOff
Macro ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeAuto
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusBlur Warning
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
>>3032093
because they get sick of shitposting cunts like you
>>
>>3032098
Second it.
>>
>>3032098
/thread
>>
>>3032093
Looks like the only ones that are ass holes are the ones that don't use olympus.

I don't know why they are though. /p/ is obvious, it's fucking 4chan, and people are more concerned about memeing and shitposting than they are about photography, just look at the photos posted on here 90% are pure shit.
>>
>>3032138
I think 90% of the photos posted here are pretty good
>>
>>3032163
And you're part of that 90%, that's why. im sorry
>>
>>3032093
It has nothing to do with the "photography" part and everything to do with the "community" part. As soon as you get a group of people talking about something, they're bound to be absolute shitheads.
>>
>>3032163

A whole lot of photos of buildings
>>
>>3032093
Mostly, because there is a long history of shitty, people who have never had a logical or practical thought their entire lives being told that they are "special, free-spirits, and very 'creative'". Those people who can't fit into normal society then grow up actually believing they are special and creative and that being an introverted social retard is an indication of a deeper intelligence, so naturally they should be doing something 'artistic' right? But they don't have the patience, coordination, or creativity for something like sculpting, painting, or any actual art form.. so they pick up a camera and take brooding black and white pics of street trash and pretend they are expressing something.
>>
>>3032093
because the chief attribute of a good photographer is recognizing the beauty of girls who are out of his league
>>
>>3032093
Because photography isn't really that challenging and if the normies ever found out the jig would be up.
>>
>>3033562
but photography is already a normie hobby.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488592559057.jpg (36KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488592559057.jpg
36KB, 720x540px
>>3032318
Projecting hard senpai
>>
File: horror... horror....jpg (55KB, 540x560px) Image search: [Google]
horror... horror....jpg
55KB, 540x560px
>>3032093
Because photography is safe and fucking easy. They know they don't have what it takes to become filmmakers and are horribly insecure about it, perhaps even on a subconcious level that escapes their awareness.
>>
>>3032093
Because it's a fine art that has a very high skill ceiling and a very low barrier for entry. It's the CS:GO of art
>>
>>3035115
>It's the CS:GO of art
fucking kek
>>
>>3032318
Nice blog bro ;P
>>
File: projecting.jpg (5KB, 132x90px) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
5KB, 132x90px
>>3032318

hooooo boy... somebody needs to see a shrink!
>>
I think it's gearfaggotry, honestly. I can't figure out why people get so narcissistic and defensive about their gear choice. Just like I don't understand the people who keep bothering bc they chose the "wrong" camera/lens/system
>>
>>3035115

Photography is more like the minecraft of art
>>
>>3032093
>why is the photography community so obnoxious, pretentious, jaded, bitter, selfish and toxic

1.) If you think that because of browsing /p/, remember what site you're on. Every board is like this.

2.) This attitude is not limited to photography at all. I think the most common denominator is competitive urges. People want to stand out and be the best/better than most.
>>
>>3032093

>toxic

There's that meme again
>>
>>3037499
>get top tier gear
>pic still look like a shiet
>>
Gearfagging and normies with social skills who aren't awkward around strangers
>I'll see myself back to /r9k/ ciao
>>
I immediately think less of a photog if they wear a stupid hat.

Happens so god damn much
>>
>>3037499
>The best camera, is the one you have with you - Chase Jarvis
>Olympus sucks because their sensor is too small - Anon who always shoots wide open for a super thing dof in every shot
>>
>>3032093
I'm not an asshole just some autistic fuck that has issues getting his ideas translated to other people because again I'm a social cripple
>>
>>3038795
Why wouldn't you want sun out of your eyes?

Just how stuck up precious cliquey they tend to be. Every photo club I went to treats newcomers like a leper, whether they're good or bad.
>>
>>3032093
it simply attracts these attributes much like cosplay or modelling if you can't hack it find another hobby
>>
>>3032093
Because it's a hobby/profession where you're literally trying to sell yourself and your look. It's hard to promote oneself without soundling like a cunt.
>>
because you take pictures of people without asking, put an old man to the verge of tears once after he photographed me
>>
>>3034000

trips of truth confirm

>>3035115

>CS:GO
>Not Counterstrike 1.6

>>3039490

this. can't knock the hustle.

as for me, I became an asshole partially through /p/ but mostly through trucking. you think I'm an asshole here? you should see me on CB radio. CB radio is essentially the precursor of 4chan. Everyone is anonymous and everyone talks shit, usually while sitting at a truck stop not making money, plus the demand for drivers has gotten to the point to where just anyone can get behind the wheel with minimal training and it is attracting NEETs and spergs who can't hack it in a normal 9-5
>>
>>3042173
>NEETs and spergs who can't hack it in a normal 9-5

now I understand why you do it
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.