[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used 7D or New Rebel T5i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Canon_EOS_7D.png (226KB, 650x229px) Image search: [Google]
Canon_EOS_7D.png
226KB, 650x229px
So, I've been working as an assistant of photography for a couple of months and I really find photography something I want to do for a living. I've been taking pictures with a Nikon D50 that a friend lend me, but now I want to buy a camera so I can start working and getting more into proffesional photography.
I really like Canon and with the money I have (and the prices in my country, argentina) I'm choosing between an used 7D (like 5000 shots) or a brand new Rebel t5i (700D) with a kit (even if I'm not planning on using the 18-55 lens).
So I wanted to ask for your help so you can help me decide wich option is the better investment.
>>
7D. Same crop factor, but far far better in every way including things like build quality and ergonomics.
>>
>>3031899
T6i. The 7D is heavy and outdated.
>>
>>3031913
why is it outdated? For the fact of the 18 mpx?
T6i goes a little off my budget, that's why I'm asking for a 7D or a t5i
>>
>>3031946
I'd wait for the price of the t6i to go down since the T7i is supposed to ship in a few months. But if you're stuck between T5i of 7D I'd go with 7D. The T5i might have slightly better IQ and iso performance, but the build quality of the 7D is fantastic plus CF cards.
>>
>>3031900
High ISO performance will be better on the T5i. Then again, high ISO performance on all of Canon's APS-C cameras are lagging behind the competition.
>>
is 50k shots a lot for buying an used camera?
>>
Nikon d7200
>>
>>3031899
T5i has the same sensor and worse AF. Get the 7D, the ergonomics alone make it a better choice, not to talk about the insanely good AF and better ADC in the sensor and the better image processor. And bright and accurate pentaprism viewfinder instead of the dark pentamirror that also likes to collect dust.
>>
7D is big and heavy, I used to own one. Sold it all for the Fuji system. Get an X-T1, much better image quality and more compact size. No regrats!
>>
>>3032052
I would say yes
>>
>>3031899
if the 2 are the same price get the 7D
if not go with the cheaper body and put all the money you can into getting a good lens. the 18-55 is shit along with 99% of the EF-S lenses.
A bad lens will make the 7D every bit as bad as the rabal but the body does have potental to improve with a better lens where the rabal does not

But OP if you are a limp wristed girly boy these two have a point
>>3031913
>>3033574
for the rest of us it is not that heavy
>>
I think Canon used the same sensor they introduced with the 7D until the 750d came out. I might be wrong.

But in any case, improvements would be marginal while the 7D is a better body all around.

I would suggest a 7D but it has infamous AF issues in the long term.
>>
>>3031946
not him but i shoot the 7d and its still a really useable camera but the dr is a bit dated and the iso performance is garbage compared to these newer cameras
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.