[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you fly a drone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: DJI_0025 copy.jpg (3MB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
DJI_0025 copy.jpg
3MB, 3000x1687px
Topic says it all, you fly a drone? How do you use it? Any work you're proud of?

Got my Mavic Pro 4 weeks ago, first drone so I'm learning, but damn is it awesome...!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:03:01 20:05:16
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramUnknown
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.00 m
Focal Length4.70 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3000
Image Height1687
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
I fly a drone.
I use it for surveillance. Not photography. So the tiny infrared flight camera is the only one I need.
Maybe if, one day, I do a bigger scale drone, I'll put a gimbal and a nice camera on it for high res aerial stills
>>
They sell drones at my job. Never used one, but having to deal with them already makes be sick of them. I'm sure people get some really cool footage with them, but I can't see myself spending so much money on something where the parts break like nothing.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QGSmllZDVqw

Captcha: select jet pack
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (3MB, 3544x2362px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
3MB, 3544x2362px
>>3031638
Seen that new DJI model made for that kinda thing? Looks expensive but damn cool!

>>3031726
Yup takes a bit of care, but that's with anything flying in general. In the end, it's worth it I'd say.

>>3031729
Awesome captcha. :) Lol, nice vid. However, a drone is just a tool to make shots, just like a regular camera. A loooooot more people use regular camera's, are they jerks then? And what about his vlog and way of filming? His comments kinda apply to that (too). :) I agree tho that many people make the same kinda stuff, but well with awesome shots and no sound, what else can you do?

I actually want to use it in combination of grounded camera's and mic's as well, it works perfect as a crane or rail-camera. It was the same thing with gopro's... all of a sudden all those action shots. But I ain't complaining, the more tools we have for a variation of shots... the better IMHO.

So far, loving my drone!

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
Image Created2017:02:25 14:06:17
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3544
Image Height2362
>>
I ordered a DJI Mavic Pro back in October and it still hasn't arrived.

what do?
>>
I have a custom built rig with long range 5.8Ghz fpv, 3 axis gimbal, full telemetry etc. Haven't flown in 4 months, takes too long to set up, don't like the risk.

Would sell it if I could, but Phantoms and the Mavic have taken over the market. They're simply a better option.
>>
>>3032276
I found about the Mavic, saw one second hand (only flew a couple of times), no damage... so pretty much had it the next day after finding out it's exsistence... Can you cancel and go for a plan B? Waiting 6 months is crazy. There are people who ordered it after you and have it. Contact them, ask them how that works and perhaps get a free battery...

>>3032306
Well, the cool thing about that is the fact it's custom built, will always be extra special. :) But damn the Mavic is just perfect. I carry it around in an engineersbag which is attached to my backpack...
>>
I do enjoy building and programming drones and learning new stuff about it, also doing maneuvers and stuff. Having said this, I'm firmly convinced that videography and photography using drones is a time-consuming business with little yield at that. There's little targeted control in focal length, creative thought, even achieving favorable moments, perspective and distance.

So far I realize there's the new opportunity of altitude, quick and precise movement. And yet, rationally speaking, the footage has the same boring look in common: wide angle city-/landscape in difficult light conditions.

How much effort does a drone pilot have to invest get outstanding results? And at the end, isn't it still just hovering the fifth battery near a lucky place at a lucky time? Great achievement.
>>
>>3032326
The Mavic actually doesn't have a wide-angle lens. As a wide-angle photographer (12mm on full frame) this was a thing I had to get used to, but in the end, it gives a bit more a cinematic look to the shot.

I think it can be a great addition to movies with regular camera-work combined. For example, a couple of days ago I went to an abandoned military base with nuclear bunkers. I started my video with some drone shots. Was great to give the viewer an idea of how large the area was. In that example, the drone footage was really adding to the story.

Look at the way Casey Neistat does his video's. He uses drone shots a lot, but not overly. It really adds to the whole story to give people a better idea of where he is.

The Mavic also has some sweet follow or circle around modes, but tracking an object and having a shallow depth of field isn't there (yet). Agreed on that one. But that's also one of those things... when DSLR's started being capable of filming, all of a sudden everyone was making 50mm 1.8 shots with a huge depth of field. It's just new so people jump on it. Just a matter of time and people will only use these kind of techniques when it's really on it's place.
>>
>>3032574
>28mm (35mm format equivalent)
>As a wide-angle photographer (12mm on full frame) this was a thing I had to get used to
I call bullshit on this one. You'll get similar* shots with a little more distance, which should always be possible for you.

* less barrel distortion and slightly less background
>>
>>3032307
Ordered it through Amazon. Apparently a LOT of people are in the same boat as me, but it's not being given the attention.

Where did you order from?
I've considered cancelling and reordering somewhere else, but I don't want to risk jumping from the end of one queue to the next...
>>
>>3032253
>>3031618
Resize your shit.
>>
File: Drone-0994.jpg (449KB, 1628x984px) Image search: [Google]
Drone-0994.jpg
449KB, 1628x984px
>>3031618
A Drone question to anyone familiar with drones:
I was photographing a rose garden in a local park last summer and for a few minutes I heard a "whirring" behind me. Eventually when I turned to check it out I saw that it was a drone, I took three photos of it and it flew away. It seemed to have a camera or something hanging from it and was kinda hovering stationarily with it aiming at me. Can anyone identify this set-up, what its used for? Etc.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 7.0
PhotographerDRUSH
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)94 mm
Image Created2017:03:05 01:18:12
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length63.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1628
Image Height984
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
File: Drone-0995.jpg (343KB, 1200x702px) Image search: [Google]
Drone-0995.jpg
343KB, 1200x702px
>>3033817

Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
PhotographerDRUSH
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)94 mm
Image Created2017:03:05 01:22:43
Exposure Time1/2500 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length63.00 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height702
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: Drone-0996.jpg (321KB, 1200x773px) Image search: [Google]
Drone-0996.jpg
321KB, 1200x773px
>>3033818

Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
PhotographerDRUSH
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)135 mm
Image Created2017:03:05 01:27:48
Exposure Time1/2500 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length90.00 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height773
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3033817
that's a drone holding a theta 360 on a string
>>
>>3033820
I will Google it but what is a theta 360?
>>
>>3033821
it spits out 360 degree video
>>
>>3033822
Thanks! I was just looking at the specs online about it, I am guessing the drone has some decent range also as there was no one in sight and it flew off to a destination unknown.
>>
>>3033823
>decent range
Hubsan H501S X4 FPV
As range often is no problem for the remote control, I guess 20 minutes battery results in a distance of 10 minutes flight time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.