[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Questions Thread. Ask stupid questions here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 43

File: bowowow.jpg (3MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
bowowow.jpg
3MB, 3072x2048px
Stupid Questions Thread. Ask stupid questions here.
>>
What's the difference between instax and polaroid?
>>
>>3028575
They're different brand names for different types of instant photographs. Instax is produced by Fuji, whereas Polaroids were produced by Polaroid.

The confusion comes about because the word 'Polaroid' has become synonymous with instant photos of any kind, in the same way all plastic bags are referred to as 'zip-lock bags'.
>>
My school is planning on designing a three year program (High School) for Photography.

If you were to build the curriculum for Grades 10 - 12 incorporating Digital Photography/Media how would you design it?

I was thinking of starting with https://sites.google.com/site/marclevoylectures/home
>>
>>3028575
Polaroid is dead.
>>
>>3028580
If you've got three years then you could really do something great. You could work your way through analogue photography with developing film and making prints, and then move into digital photography and post-processing and whatnot.
>>
>>3028566
Will I ever meet my Dragon again?

I'm finished sowing her up and we are ready to fly

::))
>>
>>3028582

Only problem is the size of our school and some lack of space. I likely would not have a space available for a dark room. Hence the focus on Digital Photography/Digital Media.

Was thinking second year there would also be an introduction to drones and the like. I am just really looking for a variety of opinions here. I've been given basically full reign of how I run the course and want it to be fucking great.
>>
>>3028585
Fuck drones you memelord.
Get a darkroom instead.
Structure the course around the fundamentals of photography, propelling a photography business and the importance of classical art history in the future of fine art photography.
>>
>>3028582
>really great
>just ordinary digital photography but waste a year on analogue
No, it'd be far better for them to spend that extra year on something actually useful, like lighting, digital editing/composition, subject specific stuff (like directing models/actors for glamor, or focus-stacking and set-design for macro/food, attending a lot of games and learning to nail focus and settings on action shots for sports, etc.)

Knowing what outdated chemicals to use on what kind of outdated film has absolutely zero relevancy to a modern photographer.
You end up with an awkward bumbling autist who doesn't know what poses to make a girl not look like a fatass while taking her portrait, but at least they know obscure black-and-white dark-room techniques. Number of customers for that: 0.
>>
>>3028588
I think the focus should be on fun rather than job prospects, but you're right, analog photography doesn't have a lot of relevancy in today's world. It's a good way to build understanding of how exposure works though
>>
>>3028586

I probably can't get a darkroom for two years due to our shitty building set up.

>subject specific stuff (like directing models/actors for glamor, or focus-stacking and set-design for macro/food, attending a lot of games and learning to nail focus and settings on action shots for sports, etc.)

I like this. Thank you.
>>
>>3028566
are the lenses in the TLRs interchangeable?
>>
>>3028566
why the fuck does incandescent lighting always come out piss yellow no matter the balance and sunlight is ALWAYS perfect?
>>
>>3028588

Kys my man
>>
Should I even bother getting a small and light camera for traveling, as even phones do good pictures nowadays.
>>
>>3028731
Depends on the subject
Landscape commands sharpness, so you'll most likely need something like a mirrorless
If you're just taking pics as a keepsake or to post it on instagram I don't see why you can't only take your iPhone
Basically the more detail you want to capture the more gear-intensive you need to be
>>
How do I make sure my pictures come out sharp, is it from controlling my apature?
>>
>>3028659
there's a wide range of tones in incandescent. From orange to yellow. after correcting white balance, desaturate yellows
>>
>>3028756
Use lowest ISO, make sure your shutter speed is faster than your focal length: (using a 100mm lens? shoot 1/100 or faster)
Stopping down to f/5.6 or more is nice, lenses wide open are less sharp
use center-point focus only
try not to shoot moving things as its less accurate
>>
>>3028762
What if my picture comes out super dark, I've been trying to do what you said, but what if something requires a lower shutter speed and higher f-stop is there a way to maintain sharpness?
>>
>>3028580
Just stick with digital.
1st year go over basic composition and exposure techniques. Get them taking pics and finding out what works and what doesn't. Kind of go over all the different kinds of photography out there.

2nd year start getting them into Lightroom and/or Photoshop. Maybe something else like model posing. Get them thinking about what kind of photography they want to get into and have them work on that style.

3rd year I'd have them start getting a portfolio together. Maybe get them some prints made and have them host a gallery show at the school.
>>
>>3028765
>what if something requires a lower shutter speed
>is there a way to maintain sharpness?
a tripod or better arms
>>
What's the best way to learn about the works of famous photographers?
>>
>>3028765
Learn the exposure triangle. It's day 1 for photography.

As you decrease one part of it, like choosing a wider F-stop, the picture is darker and you brighten it with higher ISO or longer shutter.
Any way to brighten the image in-camera has drawbacks associated.

Once you grow out of the beginner phase, you'll find out the secret is just "Add More Light" if you want in-focus hand-holding shots where the available light is simply not handhold-worthy.
>>
>>3028579
Im interested in instant photography, any advice what camera should i get?
>>
>>3028855

The Photography Book by Phaidon. It's literally a collection of 500 influential, famous photographers and a great overview of the art form as a whole.
>>
best SD card I can get that isn't UHS-II (i.e. has camera support)?
>>
File: focus.jpg (9KB, 240x159px) Image search: [Google]
focus.jpg
9KB, 240x159px
>>3028566
Is using autofocus bad practice?

I know if you have a model and time, you can manual focus, but what if you're at a festival/riot/something where you need to focus fast?

Anything I can do to ensure my manual focus is always on point?
>>
>>3029334
Lots of people do that technique where they focus on an object then reposition and take a picture of something totally different (focus & reposition I think it's called) with both AF and MF. For races and sports you use manual and try to predict where the subject's gonna go. It's not an either/or situation, experiment and see what works best for you. Eventually you'll get faster with MF too, but AF is handy for unexpected situations and when you need to move fast (grumpy family/tour group members, guards ushering you forward and the like).
>>
>>3029334
Autofocus is great. Although there are some times when autofocus just won't get it right and you have to use Manual
>>
Why does this picture look the way it does? Is it HDR?
>>
Not an question, more like an answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RjCWsohxE

Why photographers have a hard time making money, Nikon's struggles, and iPhoneographers.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>3029387
>shill video

Have some John Free instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94AKr9hCsFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHKa6GB5nS8
>>
Good camera ~$150 for a beginner wanting to learn more about photography?
>>
>>3028655
as far as I know, the Mamiya C series is the only TLR with interchangeable lenses. I've read there are others but I've never seen any
>>
File: IMG_0801.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0801.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
I'm new to photography, just wanted to ask you guys some tips but didn't think it'd be appreciated if I made a whole new thread, so I'm posting here

I have a Canon Rebel T5, I'm looking to make a pic of this classic LEGO spaceman floating in a space environment, so I needed the cleanest quality photo I can get in dim lighting of him, close up, the whole body in focus.

Pic related is one of my first attempts. I feel like there's too much grain, and some parts of him are more in focus than others.

What settings would you recommend?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T5
Lens Size18.00 - 55.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.1
Lens NameEF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:02:24 17:15:55
Exposure Time0.6 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length45.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeManual
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingNormal
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed320
Color Matrix135
>>
When is it acceptable to not adjust white balance? weird question, I'm just curious.
>>
>>3029782
A diffused flash and low ISO, high aperture
>>
>>3029782
maybe try to lower the iso a bit.
>>
>>3029787
If the white balance already looks good, you shouldn't change it. If it doesn't look good, then you should adjust it
>>
>>3029782
Lower your aperture
Lower your ISO
Use a diffused flash
Increase shutter speed
>>
>>3029787
When your camera is in auto mode. Seriously doesn't sound helpful but it's the truth.
>>
>>3029800
It's fine, I shoot in manual but always wondered if the occasion arrose if you didn't need to adjust WB, Thanks for answering the question /p/

For my next question, what's a good book to learn photography with mainly black and white and even toy photography
>>
>>3029794
>>3029795
>>3029799
thankyou
>>
>>3029385
it is.
>>
>>3029787
when you shoot raw, b/c you can do it in post.
>>
Let's say I have a TLR and a micro four turds cam.

The TLR has a 80mm f3.5 lens. In regard to get the same angle and lightness (forget bokeh ofc) on the mft, I'd need a 20mm f0.9, right?
Or is it that the aperture remains the same and it would be a 20mm f3.5 on the mft? No, that cannot be, can it?
>>
Can you shoot multiple frames on the same roll at different ISOs, or do they develope unequally?

Does the "400" for the film denote its max ISO? (I must have missed this in class).
>>
>>3030088
yep a 80 mm 3.5 medium format will roughly equal 20mm 3.5 on a mft sensor in terms of exposure. the same amount of light is coming through the lens regardless of how big your sensor is. if youre using your mft camera as a light meter for your tlr, youll get proper exposures when copying the mfts settings without any conversions.

bokeh is a different story. a 20mm 3.5 mft lens will get the same bokeh as a 20mm 3.5 on full frame, but the field of view will be as a 40mm.
>>
>>3030137
thanks.

so that means the statement that larger film is more sensible is only related to the wider angle? or am I confused because a larger sensor is more sensible but larger film not?
>>
I'm looking to buy a action camera for my adventurous nephew this May to celebrate his HS graduation, and I'm wondering if there's a game changing difference between 4K and just plain old 1080 for action cameras, and also what camera does /p/ recommend?
>>
>>3029414
Push.
>>
>>3030148
theres several advantages to mf film and mf sensors. sensors will have better high iso performance and better dynamic range because pixels are bigger and spaced further apart, giving better dynamic range and reducing interference from neighbor pixels. For both film and sensors, the dof will be shallower, which some find desirable, and since mf needs longer focal lengths to achieve the same field of view, theres less barrel distortion on wide angles.
film mf is better because the film surface is bigger, giving better resolution.
>>
File: Gadaffifragezeichen.jpg (31KB, 314x321px) Image search: [Google]
Gadaffifragezeichen.jpg
31KB, 314x321px
Can someone recommend a digital pentax model which is affordable in used condition and also a nice camera for beginners?
>>
su musica es una basura homosexual asqueroso
>>
There's this aerial photography place near me trying to hire somebody that has 2+ years in experience in PS. I used the program in school for about 2 years and know quite a bit when it comes to touching up but don't know much when it comes to copy/pasting. Does anybody have any insight into this line of work? They pay well staring off and this would look quite well on a resume.
>>
>>3029414

Ondu pinhole camera
>>
>>3030329

645Z
>>
File: DSC_3523.jpg (422KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3523.jpg
422KB, 795x1200px
f/10, the face is OOF. Please explain what is wrong with the camera's AF

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D7000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern854
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)82 mm
Image Width3264
Image Height4928
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:02:27 23:04:56
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width795
Image Height1200
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3028566
is this an okay entry level camera?
Nikon D3400 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera w/ 18-55mm Lens Kit
>>
>>3030407
Go for it man, why not? Worst case scenario, they say no
>>
File: 1488235430398.png (1MB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488235430398.png
1MB, 795x1200px
>>3030435
Multiple problems with this one. First, you depended on AF. AF is a tool. You can work without it, but it makes life easier. AF is not 100% perfect, nor will it ever be.
Next, the flash blew out most of the tone on her face, unless that's what's anticipated.

Lastly, I see a good dof as I can notice detail on her jacket. So her face should be in focus. Which makes me believe that detail is lost due to the overexposure, which can(is) cause a slight blurry appearance.

Bring down the exposure by 1 2/3 stop, and the image is decent.
>>
>>3030435
One last thing.
Jpeg is not a good format for photography. Learn to shoot raw + jpeg. Jpeg is only good for image previews and never for anything real.
>>
How does /p/ travel without using a laptop to offload images from a camera? I'm heading to Japan but I'm reluctant to bring my laptop if only because it's heavy and annoying to worry about. I have an >iPhone and my camera has wireless connectivity but it's not ideal.

I was thinking about a tablet with an SD card adaptor but I'm still unsure.
>>
>>3030515
uh just bring more sd cards?
>>
>>3030525
that means more shit to lose though
>>
>>3030525
>>3030527
>>3030515

Buy a higher capacity SD card?
>>
>>3030531
is this the /p/ equivalent of shitposting?
>>
>>3030534
Yes and no.

He asked for a solution to his SD card problem, so I suggested one.
>>
>>3028566
Oi how do I make a Youtube channel around Photography while I myself am still learning, I have an idea where I grow with photography same as the audience, you'll watch me fail and fail and fail until I get that one nice picture. problem is I don't have anyone to hold a camera and film me walk around and blabber on about photography
>>
>>3030587

There's a tripfag around here named "muhmegapixels" that could answer this. He did the same thing except he never got good.
>>
>>3030591
Do you know what his channel name is? I'll go learn from him
>>
>>3030457
no, the original image's exposure is fine, your image is underexposed. If he wanted less blown out features he would've used soft light not dimming hard light. Fucking christ you're ill.

>>3030435
answer to your question, probably too dark to focus.
>>
What exactly do you look for when you're editing your photos?

I have some experience with video and color grading and I apply some of my knowledge of histograms and exposure when i'm fucking around in lightroom, but i'm not totally sure what I should be achieving when i'm editing a photo

What defines a good edit?
>>
>>3030527
Then be an adult and maybe, I don't know, don't lose them?
>>
>>3030587
>>3030593
Tell me first why would I watch that? What's your audience?
>>
>>3030675
This is a personal question, for me, I like colors that pop and good contrast, it depends on the mood tho as perhaps a sad rainy day could use some muted colors and whatnot.
>>
With a camera that has a 1.6x crop factor, if you attach a 50mm lens with a wide-angle converter that has a 0.6x factor (which brings you to around 30mm), are you now back to getting 50mm?
>>
>>3030675
>What defines a good edit?
the one you're happy with. beyond exposure/cropping/perspective adjustments and whatever other technical shit, it's all personal. you have to coax out the best version of the photo you had in your head as you pressed the shutter. there's no satisfying catch-all way to define it.
>>
>>3030682
Just get a 35mm lens instead
>>
how to earn money over the internet with photos? i heard instagram can be a great tool for that..

is it in any way normal that the raw file format of my panasonic fz2500 is downscaled to 1080p/2MP?
>>
File: prevodprevod.jpg (113KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
prevodprevod.jpg
113KB, 960x576px
>>3028580
you should probably have portfolio evaluation at the end of each year for all 3 segments.

Do the analogue and print like the dude mentioned, and then in the 2nd introduce photoediting and digital photography.

porfolio will help your students understand to see where they are going, and so will you.

it's all about practical work, so keep the theory to a minimum while still covering the essential academic knowledge that they can use to fit it like legos and do their own work

btw im not a teacher or an expert photographer, but it would be common sense to cover the origins of photography but base your curriculum on the modern age as we are going with the times and not going backwards.

(not to say that analogue is not being used today, nicely even, but still)
>>
Nice thread /OP/ because oh boy i sure have some lame questions. I own a Canon t3i / 600d.

1. In general if shutter speed below 40 isn't good for handheld photographs, iso is supposed to be as low as posible and aperature above 11 distorts your image. What's the point of changing this unless you want a close-up with shallow DOP?

2. When shooting sunsets it seems like i can only get the colours of the sky by setting aperature to max. However this makes the picture dark. What's the best way to compensate beside a tripod?

3. For shooting videos are it worth investing in the FD 50mm 1.8 canon lens?

Thanks in advance brothers!
>>
>>3030791
>1. In general if shutter speed below 40 isn't good for handheld photographs, iso is supposed to be as low as posible and aperature above 11 distorts your image. What's the point of changing this unless you want a close-up with shallow DOP?
I can tell you for shure that only the distance and the sensor's inclination cause distortion.

>2. When shooting sunsets it seems like i can only get the colours of the sky by setting aperature to max. However this makes the picture dark. What's the best way to compensate beside a tripod?
Learn the triangle of exposition

>3. For shooting videos are it worth investing in the FD 50mm 1.8 canon lens?
If a lens takes nice photos it takes nice videos as well
>>
>>3030793
Thank homie. But still relating to 1. If shutter speed is recommended at 40 handheld and iso is supposed to be as low as possible. What about aperature? I mean I've been playing with the camera for weeks and it seems like aperature is pretty much the biggest game changer unless you want to caputure a flying bird etc. When just taking a regular photo with your zoom lense... I mean what' the craft besides setting a nice aperature and correct iso/shutter speed to good exposure level within the conditions of lights and heldheld/tripod?

And also thanks for the triangle of exposition and lens advice!
>>
>>3030794
If your camera allows it you can use any iso.

For example when I'm photographing street I use iso 800-1600 and maybe 3200 else I just set the aperture or the shutter and then compensate with iso.

Just practise different styles and places and hours of the day and you'll understand everything
>>
>>3030798
Thanks my man.
>>
>>3030791
>>3030793
>>3030794
you're both confusing distortion with diffraction. yes, on a full frame or 35mm camera, you should not go above f11, beyond that, the lens will start to loose sharpness.. on apsc the limit is around f9 and micro43 its f8. if youre shooting with low iso's, you can go up to f16 and sharpen the results in post and get as good results as f11 wouldve yielded, but with deeper dof.

when it comes to video, the canon 1.8 is fine, but it lacks some features that are nifty for video, like stepless aperture control and lack of focus breathing, but you will get by.
>>
I'm going to do some portraits on 35mm Lomography 400 film. For best sharpness what shutter speed should I shoot at? And would f5.6 be best?
>>
What's a good lens for FX Nikon that will serve useful in street photography setting as well as landscape
>>
>>3028580
Two parallel running paths
1) Elements of Art + Fundamentals of Design (referred to as COMPOSITION)
2) Operation of Camera (PRACTICE)

Composition just keeps progressing and progressing the way it does at all the different art and design schools. It's pretty much universal the first year.
Practice is pretty self explanatory, until Composition and Practice begin blending together the second half of 2nd year, and fully 3rd year. Stuff that only learning to operating a camera can give you like long exposure techniques or double exposures.
>>
File: DDDDD.jpg (4MB, 6016x4000px) Image search: [Google]
DDDDD.jpg
4MB, 6016x4000px
HOW THE FUCK DO I TAKE NICE PICTURES
I UNDERSTAND RULE OF THIRDS AND COMPOSITION (I THINK)
I UNDERSTAND THE MANUAL CONTROLS OF A CAMERA
I JUST CANT TAKE INTERESTING PICTURES
WTF DO I DO MY PICTURES ARE ALWAYS BORING AS SHIT

Camera ModelNIKON D3200
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.18
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Color Filter Array Pattern13778
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)82 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:02:28 21:11:20
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width0
Image Height0
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
ISO Speed Used200
Image QualityFINE
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeMANUAL
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested200
Flash Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
AE Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
Lens TypeNikon D Series
Lens Range18.0 - 55.0 mm; f/3.5 - f/5.6
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations7817
>>
>>3031232
POINT
YOUR
CAMERA
AT
SOMETHING
INTERESTING
DUMBFUCK
>>
>>3031239
HOW DO I FIND INTERESTING THINGS TO SHOOT????
>>
>>3031243
Think of literally anything outside your house that actually interests you and try to take photos of it

Architecture, portraits, places you like being, whatever man photography is open ended as shit. If you yourself aren't enjoying your photos no one else can. Self expression my dude.
>>
>>3031247
i appreciate the insight, i just feel like im wasting time with photography because i cant take good pictures
>>
>>3030752
this? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/898726-USA/Canon_5178b002_EF_35mm_f_2_0_IS.html

I might buy the Sigma 30mm art lens if that is a good one
>>
File: 11277104.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
11277104.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Nikkor film lens to 600D
Is it possible or shouldn't I bother?

Not sure what lens it is exactly, 35-105mm.
"2090488"

Shooting film isn't practical for me at the moment but I hate seeing my grandad's camera collecting dust on a shelf.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 600D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image Created2016:10:16 18:54:00
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length51.00 mm
Image Width1920
Image Height1080
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
so if lenses have trouble being sharp at the corners.
wouldnt it be better to mount a bigger lens (like FF on an APSC) so the sensor only covers the middle of the lens allowing for sharpness?
>>
File: 20150804-L1020288.jpg (826KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
20150804-L1020288.jpg
826KB, 1200x800px
Any idea what sort of post processing is being done here?

I tried working off some Agfa Vista and Fuji FP presets and still couldn't come any close.
I tried doing it by scratch - crushed blacks, reduced contrast and saturation, some colour shifting, some split toning on the shadows and still couldn't get it.

Can you tell me what this looks like to you? Thanks

Equipment MakeLEICA CAMERA AG
Camera ModelLEICA Q (Typ 116)
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2015:09:07 19:50:51
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length28.00 mm
RenderingNormal
White BalanceAuto
ContrastSoft
SaturationLow
SharpnessHard
>>
File: transferir.jpg (457KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
transferir.jpg
457KB, 1200x800px
>>3031345
Here's another one by the same person

Equipment MakeLEICA CAMERA AG
Camera ModelLEICA Q (Typ 116)
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Macintosh)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image Created2015:09:07 18:22:40
Exposure Time1/1250 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length28.00 mm
RenderingNormal
White BalanceAuto
Digital Zoom Ratio1.8
ContrastSoft
SaturationLow
SharpnessHard
>>
Hello /p/! Can you tell me what's a good laptop for doing some light photo editiing at around 500€?
Thanks anons!
>>
>>3028566
i mindlessly attached my lens incorrectly and now it seems stuck on the mount (panasonic lumix g7)

how fucked am i?
>>
If I put a camera in my ass and take photos will the cute gay guys like it or run away from me.
>>
File: INTERESTING-SHIT.jpg (145KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
INTERESTING-SHIT.jpg
145KB, 1080x1080px
>>3031232
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
GO TAKE A PICTURE OF A FIELD
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU AND I'M SOME DUMBFUCK AUTIST IN AMERICA
YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE IN FRANCE OR SOME SHIT
CLIMB A MOUNAIN AND BE COOL FOR ONCE
DON'T LET THE SHIT YOUR DAD SAYS GET TO YOU
HELL JUMP OFF THE MOUNTAIN AND POST WHAT YOU TOOK BEFORE YOU DIE THAT'LL BE COOL
>>
Is a sliding quick release plate size universal?
Could I use one brand of a plate and put it on a separate brand adapter?
>>
>>3031557
Probably not. The screw is obviously but a nikon plate won't go to a olympus stand.
>>
>>3030679
Great question! Here's my answer: I didn't think of asking myself that, I'm stupid.
>>
>>3028566

Is it had practice for photographers to use a fixed f-stop/shutter speed ratio? I'm a beginner and very often end up with either a black or completely washed out photograph if I try setting both myself. I imagine I'll get better at this with practice, but do photographers generally rely on this if shooting where they won't have time to adjust?
>>
>>3031635
reading the exposure meter and setting the exposure to what you want for the particular scene, knowing how you can expect the result to look for a given setting becomes a reflex if you practice shooting manual intensely for a few years. Its hard to explain, but you dont actually think about what youre doing, you set the exposure in the ballpark of what exposure the enviroment/Light type demands, then you just flick on the dials by instinct when its time to take a picture, and the results turn out nice.
>>
File: IMG_20170301_183355_251.jpg (4MB, 4095x2730px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_183355_251.jpg
4MB, 4095x2730px
>>3031554
I'M IN USA TOO AND HOW DID YOU KNOW I HATE MY DAD
>>
What's the best way to take a good picture of something small like an insect or lego man? What lens?
>>
>>3031872

Any macro lens with a 1:1 ratio
>>
Extreme reds are suffering from heavy artifacting and blurriness on my Rebel XT. How can I get around this?
>>
File: canon a-1.jpg (31KB, 512x395px) Image search: [Google]
canon a-1.jpg
31KB, 512x395px
Hi /p/, I recently developed an interest in photography and exploring the most dusty place of my house while tidying and cleaning everything up i found my dad's old Canon A-1 (pic rel not actually the one i found, but the same model) and i loved it when i was a kid. The main concern i have is that it possibly may need repair or just proper maintenance before getting it to shot again, like cleaning it or replacing some battery (from wikipedia: The A-1 is battery-powered (one 4LR44 or PX-28) ) .So, here's the question: i wanted to ask you guys how fucked am i if i start with the a-1, without having any knowledge at all. Do you have any tips on how to clean the camera or how to learn and get into photography and films? Actually i'm learning with Marc Levoy's Lectures on Digital Photography on yt, and i know it says "Digital Photography" but still i need basis and, he teaches basic photography too.
>>
>>3032104
you took the effort to post here but not to google how to operate a canon a1 ?

read the manual online you fuck.
>>
>>3032110
Sorry, sorry. Actually i just wanted to know if i should go on a digital as i'm a beginner or film is ok too
>>
Can aperture go into infinity focus?
>>
These vertical lines appear whenever adjusting for instance a black point in Lightroom. What are they caused by and how do I get rid of them? GPU artefacts?
>>
File: wat.jpg (193KB, 1469x974px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
193KB, 1469x974px
>>3032709
Forgot the screenshot
>>
>>3031345
Here's my stupid question. How do people get these shots?
Drones?
Helicopter?
I want some landscape shots but I can't get high enough it seems
>>
why every Sony a6x00 picture seems like Instagram ready?

Is sony unaware it's destroying the market, or they are doing this on purpose?
>>
I want to mount an audio recorder to the bottom of my camera. The recorder just has a basic tripod mount.
where can I get a male to male adaptor like that?

All the stuff I've found has like thread sizes and diameters and shit, but I can't find what the specs are for a basic tripod screw.
>>
>>3032119
up

Also, what would you suggest for a photography starter? A Ricoh GR, a x100 or a x70? Asking for a friend
>>
>>3032922
X100 would make the most sense. Someone will come along any second to say Sony a6x00 I'm sure.
>>
>>3032926
Which one?
>x100
>x100s
>x100t
>>
>>3032932
Whatever is in the budget, people are selling the original ones for very good deals now, which would be plenty for a beginner. The gap between the S and T isn't huge.
>>
Getting my first roll of 35mm developed soon, should I just take it to wal-greens or should I take it somewhere else? Im not expecting anything good so I dont really need proper prints or anything..
>>
File: 1410578700622.jpg (59KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1410578700622.jpg
59KB, 500x385px
What is the difference between grain and noise? I thought they were the same thing?
>>
>>3032974
Only pixel peepers care about this shit
>>
>>3032963
Drug stores are fine, go for the cheapest option
>>
>>3032974
Grain refers specifically to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_grain or e.g. attempts to emulate it in digital

Noise refers to any sort of random fluctuations in a signal. You could use the word grain to refer to the specks of color etc. caused by iso noise, but that is really using the word grain in an entirely different meaning
>>
>>3031343
this is called using the sweet spot of a lens, and it is mainly a thing with aps-c or mft sensors taking ff lenses. but be aware that a too highly resoluted sensors will outperform the resolution of a lens at some point. especially older lenses.
>>
>>3032980
>Only pixel peepers care about this shit

And, you know, professional photographers... or even merely proficient ones.
>>
>>3032741
Being in a tall place, drones, helis.
>>
Stupid question.
I got the a6000 with the 16-50 and the 55-210 lens.
I want to take my first pics at the zoo.
The 55-210 would be the better lens to use to take picture of the animals right?
>>
>>3034075
Yeah. Zoo pics are pretty meh, all the decent ones are with a very long tele that separates the subject from the dreadful boring surroundings. So stick to the long end, yes.
>>
I wish to apply for Imagery Tech in the armed forces (leaf) should I build a portfolio of my more classic works or should I sit down by the harbour and snap shots of the Seaking flybys?

(I'm probably going to do that anyway since it sounds like a nice afternoon)
>>
>>3032974
They are very different.

Grain in film is more like the megapixels in digital (but not exactly the same)
It's the particle size of the light sensitive crystals.

Coarse grain looks "noisy" because each crystal can only be either completely white or completely black.
So to make gray you need many crystals, some of white and some black.
And the bigger the crystals are the easier it is to see this, so the image is then "grainy".
>>
File: Senza titolo3.jpg (810KB, 1080x2031px) Image search: [Google]
Senza titolo3.jpg
810KB, 1080x2031px
Am I missing something? or is just her beauty and being a non English native confusing me?
>>
not a photographer but I'm just wondering how you guys wash your microfiber cloths because I got a new pair of glasses and I don't want to scratch the lenses
I heard you can't put them in the washer
>>
>>3034237

Not sure if troll post, I have been told directly from NPS (Nikon Professional Services) that they just throw all their microfibers into the washer when needed.
>>
>>3034243
not a troll post
after a bit of googling apparently you can wash them in the washer, just not with other clothes
i'm just going to handwash and airdry, no soap
seems everyone has a different take on how to do it so fuck this seems like the safest solution
>>
>>3034237
You can wash em but don't put them in the dryer. Hang or lay flat to dry. Do not wring it
>>
>>3034268
I heard that you can't wash them with other clothes though, in which case it might be simpler to hand wash so I'm going to be doing that
when I air dry shit that I wash in the washer it smells moldy
>>
File: DSC_0379.jpg (135KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0379.jpg
135KB, 1000x666px
Why do so many of my shots end up being out of focus? They seem fine when I look through the eyepiece, then when I get them on my PC I'll see how terrible they look. What's the deal?

>didn't mean to post the 4000px. sorry

Camera ModelNIKON D3400
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.9
Color Filter Array Pattern998
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)225 mm
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:03:05 15:44:18
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length150.00 mm
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
Why is it that on my computer my black and white pictures look good but when I go to print they look way darker and detail seems to be missing. What do I need to do?
>>
>>3034407
>>3034413
your viewfinder's diopter adjustment thing might be off
>>
>>3034420
Try to use calibrize to correct your monitor.
>>
Film camera guide/Intro to film?
>>
Seems like auto ISO replaces shutter priority mode.

If you have ISO you can shoot in aperture or p mode and know that shutter speed will always be fast enough.

When do people still use shutter priority ?
>>
>>3028659
Incandescent lights give off yellow wavelengths stronger than the other colors they emit, we just don't see it because our brains automatically correct it. Same reason fluorescent lights always appear green in-camera. You have to tell the camera what "white" is.

>>3028855
Any local museums or colleges/ universities near you? If you live in a city there are lots of free exhibits. I was introduced to Irving Penn at an open campus gallery. Good way to meet people too.

>>3029334
Depends what you're shooting. For macro shots I use manual, shooting landscape on a day when the sun is in your eyes and you can't be sure through the viewfinder? Auto. It's situational, don't listen to the purists on here. Play around with it and see what you like.
>>
>>3034551

When you want to guarantee it will be fast enough. You can set minimum shutter speed in the auto ISO menu, but that's fussy compared to turning one dial immediately.
>>
>>3028566
Thank you OP, this is great thread.

Lets say i have to photograph 3 fruits of different colors, under the same light conditions and one at a time. Do i have to white balance for each fruit because of the colors?
>>
File: 1050575-2.jpg (1MB, 3060x3064px) Image search: [Google]
1050575-2.jpg
1MB, 3060x3064px
How can I take an infinity picture like this?

Camera ModelDMC-G7
Camera SoftwareVer.2.0
Equipment MakePanasonic
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)84 mm
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Image Created2016:12:07 10:13:14
Image Width3060
Image Height3064
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
F-Numberf/5.6
Focal Length42.00 mm
Light SourceUnknown
Exposure ModeAuto
Image Height3448
RenderingNormal
SaturationNormal
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
SharpnessNormal
Image Width4592
Metering ModePattern
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
ISO Speed Rating3200
Exposure Time1/80 sec
Image QualityStandard
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeAuto
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerMode 1
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeMacro
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
Color EffectOff
ContrastLow
Noise ReductionStandard
>>
>>3034844
Sounds like a question for /b/ honestly, they're really good with infinity logic and physics.
>>
File: portal-promo-art_ummc.jpg (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
portal-promo-art_ummc.jpg
79KB, 1920x1080px
>>3034844
Easy
>>
>>3034436
>diopter adjustment

That can only make the image in the viewfinder blurry.
It can't make something that's out of focus appear in focus.

In theory it could be a calibration issue with the sensor, but that' not very likely.
More likely it's just motion blur - try shooting at 1/1000s.
>>
>>3034237
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Lens coating are quite hard, and so are the lenses themselves.
So not much can actually scratch them.

Sand can (just) scratch them though, so that is something to watch out for.

What I do:
- use a rocket blower to remove sand/loose dust from the lens before wiping it
- occasionally rinse the microfiber under the tap
>>
>>3034844
Place a mirror in front of the lense
>>
>>3034237
>>3034976

Also if you do one day get a scratch don't freak out about it.
Small scratches don't show up in your pictures at all.
Even severe scratching only leads to a little drop in contrast.
>>
Looking to buy a tripod. What should I consider? I have a Pentax K-1.
>>
>>3034985
It's always a trade-off between sturdiness and portability.

Biggest difference between brands are the way the telescoping legs are locked/unlocked.
I personally prefer the Velbon "twist" method, but others probably hate it.

Just go to a camera store and try some out.
...then buy them online for $10 cheaper (jk)
>>
>>3034979
>>3034976
mate i'm talking about glasses not cameras
a single scratch can obscure your vision
I accidentally cleaned my lens with my shirt for half a second, and now there's scratches all over it, but they're very minor and don't really affect my vision
so I'm just trying to avoid any further damage, these shits are expensive and i'm dead broke desu
>>
>>3034992
I actually have a ultraportable Benro tripod but was dissatisfied with the sturdiness. I mean, I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but it is, especially in windy conditions.
>>
>>3028566
what camera should i buy? (money is not a big issue) (sfmbe)
>>
>>3035000 Microfiber is machine washable.
Suggest learn 2 get glasses from internet. Same shit, 1/5th price. (You do need to understand what you are ordering, but it's not that difficult to figure out.)
>>
File: 1486451460337.jpg (312KB, 1224x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1486451460337.jpg
312KB, 1224x1128px
Will the 45mm lens on the Minolta XG-M fit on the Minolta X-700?
I want both and I could probably get the X-700 body much cheaper without a lens.
>>
>>3034222
She's an idiot, but you're both miscommunicating and throwing vocabulary words at each other.

It's actually a well angled shot to show off Rule of Thirds, and she's thinking of that stupid ass spiral, which probably has NOTHING to do with this.
>>
Help me /p/

I have to decide between a:
Nikon D7100 with 13000 shots
+ a Sigma prime 17-50mm / f2.8-5.6
For 650€

Or a
Sony Alpha 6000 body + whatever lense i might buy along with it
400€ for the body and maybe 150 for a lense

1.) is the Nikon D7100 with the lense for 650€ a good price?
2.) is the Sony Alpha 6000 actually a better camera for even less money?

Thank you guys in advance!
>>
>>3034413

looks like you're indoors. Turn up your ISO so that you can have a smaller aperture and faster shutter speed.
>>
how to not look like an autist taking pictures around town ? I feel like everyone is staring at me when im walking around with my dslr
>>
File: Stanley Kubricks Photography.jpg (123KB, 1000x649px) Image search: [Google]
Stanley Kubricks Photography.jpg
123KB, 1000x649px
What Camera does Stanley Kubrick hold in this photo ?
>>
>>3035453
Some Leica III version. f or older.
>>
>>3035453
http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Leica_IIIf
>Stanley Kubrick with Leica IIIf

google reverse image search
>>
>>3035214
that's pretty tricky
unless they have the exact model that i already have, i have to try the frames before i buy em.
you really can't tell what they look like until you try them on yourself
>>
Why does Lightroom run like trash compared to Photoshop? Is it really worth making the switch? I keep my photos organized on my own, so that's not a huge selling point for me. Things like the adjustments brush are great, but there's nothing Lightroom can do that Photoshop + Camera RAW can't, right?
>>
is micro 4/3 a meme in 2017?
currently using a cropped sensor apsc but i want something smaller.
>>
>>3035530
They're meant to work in tandem, it's not a question of 'switching' for most people. If you already have a process that works for you with photoshop that's great, but Lightroom is a big asset for simple batch editing, and general organizing as you mentioned. Either program feels pretty insufficient without the other imo
>>
okay /p/ here's the deal

first time posting here and need some help, figured it'd be better here than a new thread.

I bought a Konica Autoreflex A on craigslist for $25. It's a little dinged up but otherwise looks fine. So i buy it, get some film from a photographer friend and some batteries, bring it home and load up the film. Instructions say after film is loaded you engage the cocking lever and take a photo until the first exposure is ready and you're good to go.

I cock back the cocking lever and it's stuck halfway. I don't try and force it into position, i just hit the shutter button and it goes back into place, I then cock it again (as the exposure counter didn't move) and the cocking lever snaps off.

It looks like a fairly simple mechanism that should screw back into place, but i've had zero luck getting it back on. Am i completely fucked or is it just a simple fix and i'm somehow too stupid to realize it? There are no "professional" repair places near me to bring it to, and all the self repair guides online i've found are for the T and TC models.

Should i just kiss my $25 goodbye and try to find a new body online, or is it at least salvageable?
>>
File: IMG_2593.jpg (4MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2593.jpg
4MB, 4272x2848px
>>3031232
I completely understand how you feel

I have a starter Canon T3, with stock lens and the only interesting photos I took were Greys Peak in Colorado, but if it wasnt full scenery, I just suck at it.

I live in a boring ass place [spoiler]Plano[/spoiler]

no color to this place, the most "active" place is still boring as shit and its where housewives go get drunk at there little clubs. Its fucking nothing

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T3
Lens Size18.00 - 55.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.5
Lens NameEF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
Image Created2016:08:27 18:30:22
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/13.0
Exposure ProgramLandscape Mode
Lens Aperturef/12.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width4272
Image Height2848
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeLandscape
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix131
>>
Using a light meter with a strobe for the first time.

I set the ISO at 100, and make a decision I want to shoot at f/8 at 1/100 (for example).

I take a meter reading, and then increase/reduce the power of the strobe light until the meter reads f/8 at 1/100, correct? The adjustment I make to the exposure is to change the output of the light?
>>
File: 1488967587786.jpg (46KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488967587786.jpg
46KB, 1440x900px
Hey guys. I got the Canon 600d (APS-C censor) which crops 1.6. I want to upgrade from my kit-lens to a prime (because i've heard it's a good idea) and i'm wondering which the better focal length for all-around use?

Would it be the 24mm (=38mm on full frame) or 40mm (=64mm on full frame)?

Also perhaps more in general: Is it worth it to upgrade from the canon kit lens 18-55 when filmmaking speaking of sharpness and low-light performity? The 2 primes are only f2.8 so i guess it's not THAT diffrent from the kit lens.
>>
^^ in response to the poster above me with the 600d + kit lens
I had your exact camera for about 4 years. It's a great camera, I would suggest upgrading to the affordable Canon 50mm 1.8 II. It's a great prime lens for portraits, has big aperture for low light. If you think it will be too zoomed in for you (if you take landscapes, buildings, etc), go for the 24mm 2.8 pancake! Still quite cheap, does about the same thing but more zoomed out :)
>>
>>3028566
I need a advice:
d3300 with 50 1.8G or d7100 with 50 1.8D.
now the thing is i had d7100 i used it with kit 18-55 but i wasnt able to do wonders (bcz i didnt knew much, still dont) with it so i sold it so i can buy d3300 and 50 1.8G but i think d7100 with 50 1.8D would be better cuz i want to do some video stuff too, now i will have to spend another 150/200 bucks with d7100 while i can order d3300 now. so i am undecided so tell me whats worth it? .
>>
>>3036049
I think you should be more careful about wasting away your parents money.
>>
Looking to get into film. Will it harm my film if I leave my camera in my car all the time? I'd like to have something with me that's smaller than a DSLR at all times. I live in Wisconsin too so we get all kinds of weather.
>>
Here's a stupid quesion, if these are both 35mm Pentax prime lenses, why's one physically so much bigger than the other? Aside from the f-stop, what's the difference?

And if I'm doing mainly food photography and portraits, is it a big loss to settle on the f/2.4 lens over the f/1.4 lens?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=743117&gclid=COr79MC2x9ICFUxWDQodTaIGYg&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677682%2C&is=USA&A=details

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/859177-REG/Samyang_SY35M_P_35mm_f_1_4_Wide_Angle_US.html

Not sure what etiquette here is for posting links, figured they would be the most helpful to you guys.

I have a Pentax k-3, which has a crop sensor, so I know I need to get a 35mm lens to get that 'nifty fifty', but lens shopping is confusing.
>>
>>3034243
>>3034268
>>3035214
hey motherfuckers, i just washed my microfiber and cleaned my lenses with it, and now the lenses have white streaks all over them
are you not supposed to put soap in the washing machine?
>>
>>3036309
You either are using something bad to clean your lens with or you didn't rinse out the detergent well enough
>>
File: 20170309_019.jpg (553KB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170309_019.jpg
553KB, 3264x1840px
How does this shit happen? Botched cleaning job or shooting in pouring rain? Really minty lens too.

Equipment MakeJolla
Camera ModelJolla
Horizontal Resolution72
Vertical Resolution72
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.22 mm
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>3029334
9 out of 10 times af will get the job done, it's bound to fuck something every once in a while, but you'll probably make even more mistakes if you go full manual specially if you are shooting moving subjects
>>
File: METZ-28AF-4N-Blitzgerät.jpg (8KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
METZ-28AF-4N-Blitzgerät.jpg
8KB, 400x266px
I won a flash for 2,50 which apparently is only for analog Nikon cameras and I got a Chinon CP-5S. Will I destroy my camera? The manual says it will destroy my camera and the flash if I use a non Nikon camera but I never heard about stuff like this.
>>
Cross post from /g/ (they said I should ask on /p/):

"I'd like to be able to create higher quality videos for my YouTube channel. Currently all I know how to do is use kdenlive for splicing together video clips. I've tried using its special effects features multiple times and I just can't understand how to use those damn keyframes. I use a simple screen recorder program literally named simplescreenrecorder. And I use audacity to remove static from my audio with its noise removal feature.

Any suggestions for a better workflow?"
>>
How much do I charge my first wedding?
>>
Can someone explain the difference between Smaller and larger sensors with regards to light? If I have a M4/3s Olympus at F2, is that the equivalent of F4 on a full frame camera?
>>
>>3036908
The f-stop tells you how much light makes its way to every part of the sensor, not the total amount of light that strikes the sensor as a whole.
So F2 will only hit the small 4/3s sensor, whist an F2 will take better use of a full frame as more light hits the sensor.
>>
>>3036510
>The manual says it will destroy my camera and the flash if I use a non Nikon camera but I never heard about stuff like this.
There's only one way to find out
>>
>>3036756
/g/ trolled you if they told you to come here for screen capture advice. Go to /v/
>>
>>3036510
>>3036951
Well nothing did explode or break but it wouldn't fire.
My camera has TTL and the flash requires it, so I don't understand why it won't work. The flash has 2 more of these connector things which i can't push further in but theres nothing to connect them on the mount anyways. So the flash just won't be usable for my camera or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>3032114
Digital will give you instant results. Plus you can review how the pictures were taken (aperture etc.). And you don't waste tons of money on films with shitty pictures.
>>
>>3036989
a flash will usually work in manual mode without problem, regardless of brand. but ttl tech is often proprietary..
>>
If I want to make a few travelog videos, is an autofocus lense really a priority? I'm not anticipating filming anything very fast moving
>>
>>3037062

99% of all cinema is manually focused.
>>
>>3036950
So there would be no difference between a FF crop and my PEN F M4/3s if both were at F2?
>>
>>3037062
What camera are you thnking of that doesn't have autofocus?
>>
>>3037080
The camera has autofocus, but none of the lenses I have of a sensible focal length do. Wondering if I should finally buy a sensible modern AF 50mm or something or not bother like
>>3037065
says.
>>
What kind of photographer should I become? I understand If I want to make money, be a wedding photographer, but that means taking pictures for others, not me. I love street photography, but it is not marketable or practical really. I also love landscape but this is drastically different from street so I can't do both. I've been told time and time again, even here, that to be successful you must specialize and find a demographic, find your niche. I understand that, so what should I be, what type of photographer are you, and why?
>>
>>3037100
>be successful
hahahahahahaha
>>
Does brand matter when it comes to CPL/ND filters?
>>
Watching some youtube videos of darktable, it seems that you can see the effects of most changes in "realtime". Will pretty much any new-ish computer be able to do this?

On my computer, "simple" things like white balance take ~5 seconds. Tone curves take ~10 seconds.
>>
got a camera as a gift and took some alright photos but the file size is too big for 4chan. How can I scale them down for here?
>>
>>3037581
Those adjustments are simple and should take no time at all.

>>3037608
Resize the image using Photoshop. Or if you're a poor/moralfag, resize the image using Paint.net.
>>
>>3037609
Oh that was my backup I was just wondering if yall had some super secret program thing haha thanks
>>
I just got a Nikon D600 and the camera won't let me go to the playback section or any of the menus. I attempted to do a factory reset but that isn't working either. Could I have locked the menus by accident? It was just working one hour ago.

There is a icon on the screen with a "?" and a key, does that indicate that I somehow locked it?
>>
are people dead if they are killed?
>>
How does this guy have 50mm, 1.7 and most of the shot is still in focus?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/noaceulemans/20975913259/in/album-72157674076627551/
>>
>>3036063
you should always try and keep your film out of high heat/strong sunlight if possible, that being said it hasn't made a massive difference to the quality of mine as I go through a roll a week or so. If you know you're not gonna be using it in the near future, chuck your spare rolls in the fridge/freezer
>>
>>3037944
It's a 28mm, not a 50 and he's focusing pretty far out into the scene to get it mostly in focus. If you look at the full image it's not sharp through and through. Play with this to get an idea of how to do it: http://dofmaster.com/dofjs.html
>>
What're triangular strap rings called on amazon, aliexpress, etc?
>>
Is editing necessary for digital photography?
>>
File: tumblr_omqp9zLasf1vgjneyo1_500.jpg (46KB, 437x641px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omqp9zLasf1vgjneyo1_500.jpg
46KB, 437x641px
how do i make my photos look like this? how do they do it? just add a lot of grain? help pls
>>
>>3038181
When working analogue in a darkroom you had a lot of tools and ways to work with your image, this doesn't mean you had to use them.
When working digital you have even more tools and ways to work with your image, this doesn't mean you have to use them.
>>
>>3038229
fuck man. It's ISO for stills and gain for video. There's no reason for it to be noticeable unless its too dark. Find the little button on your camera that says iso and crank it. Then stop down either your shutter or aperture so you don't over expose your image. Grain isn't appealing so don't do it please.
>>
>>3038229
looks like high ISO + sharpening
>>
>>3029782
you can also try resizing images a bit before uploading you faggot
>>
>>3030329
K-5 IIs
>>
>>3036989
Perhaps you need to set it to X (flash sync) or slow sync at 1/60s
>>
>>3038256
>>3038258
sorry for being a noob but thanks for the help guys (:
>>
How do I find work as a photographer's assistant?

How is my website? www.ghawamsadri.com
>>
Why is it difficult to correct photos taken with a low CRI bulb? Why do those cheap, ugly, dull, and yellow incandescent filament bulbs have 100 CRI, while no LED or compact fluorescents is ever 100 CRI?
>>
Where are the native ISO values for cameras typically published? If not published, how do I figure it out on my own?
>>
File: IMG_4984.jpg (564KB, 3905x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4984.jpg
564KB, 3905x658px
>>3036019
i have the 24mm pancake and it's pretty great. haven't touched the kit lens since, although for video work you might want to use the kit lens instead because stabilisation.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 700D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:03:03 00:25:13
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Focal Length24.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>3038050
Lugs
>>
>HASSELBLAD SQUARE FORMAT

Never shot with Hasselblad, if I want to crop my images to replicate a Hasselblad frame do I just crop 1x1?? Or is it something slightly different?
>>
File: DSC_0007.jpg (647KB, 4000x2670px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0007.jpg
647KB, 4000x2670px
Every time I shoot at 18mm with my D3300 the edges of the pics appear with a black curve.Any Idea what is causing it?

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Color Filter Array Pattern5890
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image Created2017:03:14 22:50:17
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
ISO Speed Used100
Image QualityRAW
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeMANUAL
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested100
Lens TypeUnknown
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations4104
>>
>>3039101

not really sure what you mean by that.
>>
>>3039566

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting
>>
is there a way to adapt 35mm color film into a holga?
>>
>>3039580

Did you actually look at the photo? That's not vignetting.

>>3039566

I actually don't know what the fuck that is. It's only at 18mm? It looks like a sensor error to me.
>>
>>3039589
yep its the kit lens at 18mm.I know something similar happens when u use a DX lens on a full frame but the 3300 nor the Lens are full frame.I'll search more but so far haven't found anything on why the hell that happens
>>
>>3039593

you should take a series of photos slowly zooming in from 18mm so we can see what's going on.
>>
File: come in.png (86KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
come in.png
86KB, 500x336px
Does anyone know a program that gives you IG/snap style face filters but works on PC? Kitty/bunny/dog faces for photos or even video. No bluestacks pls.
>>
File: 18mm,f3.5.jpg (715KB, 6050x4039px) Image search: [Google]
18mm,f3.5.jpg
715KB, 6050x4039px
>>3039599
that just made me realize it happens all the way to 25mm

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Camera SoftwareVer.1.01
Color Filter Array Pattern5886
Image Created2017:03:15 03:21:06
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
ISO Speed Used100
Image QualityRAW
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeAF-A
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested100
Lens TypeUnknown
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations4111
>>
File: 18mm,f5.6.jpg (1MB, 6050x4039px) Image search: [Google]
18mm,f5.6.jpg
1MB, 6050x4039px
>>3039992

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Image Created2017:03:15 15:26:24
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
ISO Speed Used100
Image QualityRAW
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeAF-A
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested100
Lens TypeUnknown
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations4109
>>
File: 25mm,f4.jpg (1MB, 6027x4023px) Image search: [Google]
25mm,f4.jpg
1MB, 6027x4023px

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)37 mm
Image Created2017:03:15 15:29:48
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length25.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
ISO Speed Used100
Image QualityRAW
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeAF-A
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested100
Lens TypeUnknown
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations4113
>>
File: 36mm,f4.8.jpg (436KB, 6016x4016px) Image search: [Google]
36mm,f4.8.jpg
436KB, 6016x4016px
its gone in 35mm

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Camera SoftwareVer.1.01
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.8
Color Filter Array Pattern5886
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)54 mm
Image Created2017:03:15 03:22:47
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length36.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
ISO Speed Used100
Image QualityRAW
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeAF-S
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested100
Lens TypeUnknown
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations4115
>>
I want a small digital camera to take pictures of things and places to use as reference when painting. Any recommendations? Should I just pick one with the most megapixels?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170315-220559_01.png (625KB, 646x589px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170315-220559_01.png
625KB, 646x589px
This is probaly a very stupid question but why does my face in photos look weird (like mouth and nose are exaggerated) when photographed with the front camera and less weird with the normal camera?
>>
>>3040052
Btw my phone is a one plus 3 (idk if that might be the cause)
>>
>>3028566
Who's the Kubrick of photography?
>>
>>3040052
because underage b&
>>
File: arbus distortion.jpg (89KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
arbus distortion.jpg
89KB, 667x670px
>>3040052
The "selfie" camera on most phones has a wider field of view than the rear camera, because it needs to capture your whole face even when used relatively close-up. But the wider your field of view, the more distorted an image you make.

The exaggerated features you're talking about are typical of photos taken with wide-angle lenses, which is the reason portrait photographers use long lenses to make their subjects look good - and why Diane Arbus used a wide lens to make her subjects look stranger and more grotesque, as in the attached picture.
>>
>>3030437
yes, but you better buy the D3300, which is basically the same camera but cheaper.
>>
any good tips on composure and shit?
any helpful online courses, videos, etc?
>>
How do I manually change the ISO and Aperture on a nikon d5100
>>
>>3039571
For example, the native ISO values on my Canon are 100, 200, 400, 800, and 1600. This may not be entirely be accurate, but I believe that light sensitivity is increased at each of these values through electrical gain. But for any values that fall in between these, or values that exceed 1600, the photo is taken at the nearest native ISO value, and then post processed in-camera to give the appearance of increased/decreased light sensitivity.

I need to know how to easily determine the native ISO values for each camera model in order to avoid ending up with RAW files that have gone through post-processing.
>>
>>3040045
No, it's the opposite. You don't need megapixel because you're not printing. An old cheap dsrl with a kit lens will do.

Some extras would be to go super wide and get in camera WiFi
>>
Does the Minolta x-700 not release the shutter without battery?
>>
>>3040131

They're always the whole number for every camera.
>>
where can i get microfiber cloths for cheap?
they're $10 (canadian) at walmart
>>
>>3039114
Cool thanks homie. When filming I do autofocus and i hear the STM lenses are shit for autofocusing? Also... Does stabilisation mean that much even when using a tripod? And do you miss zoom that much when filming with a tripod?
>>
anyone ever ride their bike with their dlsr? dont really feel like getting a bag or a pack, would i be alright just slinging it under my armpit and over my shoulder and tossing it around to my back?
>>
Gear lust.

How to combat it?

Each time I buy a new piece of gear, I'm satisfied for like a month or so, how does one avoid lusting after new shit?
>>
>>3034200
I don't real know the role. But I woould imagine they're far more interested in your knowledge of the technical workings of the camera. Pretty much, as long as you know what each setting does and how/when to use them, you should be sweet I'd think.
If you know what kind of work the role involves, try to emulate that.
>>
>>3041809
by lending good photo books at the library and start learning about different styles and techniques. youll pretty soon find that gear is not at all related to the quality of your art.
>>
>>3038229
plz no
>>
>>3041895
>>3041809
Gear aqquisition syndrome is usually just a way to feel like your photography is progressing somewhere without actually learning anything
>>
>>3028566
Used D5000 with 18-55 and 55-200 on CL for 375. Is this good?
>>
>>3028566
if not shooting RAW, is it better to adjust white balance with a $20 WhiBal card or will any cheap 18% gray card do, or neither and I should just eyeball it?
>>
Anybody know where I can get hi res front-on portrait photos of Adolf Hitler, preferably in colour or colourised?
>>
>>3041898
Oh fuck, this is so true it hurts.
>>
Is tripfagging "allowed" on this board?
>>
I'm relatively new to film photography and I'm wondering if it would be wise to make sure my
exposure settings were correct on my film camera by taking a picture with the exact same
settings with my digital to make sure it's correct. Is this relatively accurate? I've read that ISO on digital is true to film ISO so I'm hesitant to try it
and stick to the Program (basically auto) Mode. If it means anything the digital camera I'm using is
a Nikon d3200 w/ 35mm 1.8 and a Canon AE-1 Program w/ a 55mm 1.4 and 400 ISO BW film.
>TLDR; can I use exposure settings on a digital camera to check if the exposure settings on my
film camera are correct?
>>
File: 20170319_142158.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_142158.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Here's my poor man's lightbox.

Usually I use a white background but currently in trying black.

Now my problem is the black background reflects too much and shows up as a physical background instead of blending black

I know lighting positioning has Alot to do with it and the easiest way to make it fade out is to have the lights even with the camera, but then the tops of my subjects get a bit dark.

What's are some good ways to force the background into the background?

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSAMSUNG-SM-G930A
Camera SoftwareG930AUCU4BQA6
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)26 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Image Created2017:03:19 14:21:58
Exposure Time1/120 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Brightness3.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.20 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image IDC12QSJK01SM
>>
>>3037901
With one notable exception, yes.
>>
How do I color calibrate my monitor?
>>
File: 1427060126210.jpg (57KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
1427060126210.jpg
57KB, 532x800px
I'm looking for big books with ONLY portraitphoto's, maybe black and white, just cool portraits no text no nothing only portraits

what are /p/'s recomendations
>>
What are some examples of situations where an experienced photographer would use a picture mode other than manual?
>>
>>3042001
pls
>>
>>3042375
>ywn have a QT traditional gf
Photos like these depress the hell out of me.

Anyway, Im going to NYC for a week. Any places you guys recommend checking out for photos besides the obvious tourist stuff?
>>
>>3042398
I like to use Aperture priority as much as possible, since shutter speed hardly matters in most situations, so why waste my time fiddling with the camera?

Alternatively, when shutter speed is the factor that matters most, you want to use shutter priority to get that fast moving object in a freeze or neat looking pan.
>>
>>3042591

girls like that have a shelf life of like, 5 years tops and often get bitter about their age by the time they hit 28. they might also get bitter about their weight, because they probably got fat too.

new york is a fucking treasure chest of photo opportunity. us telling you to go to one place instead of another is just going to limit you. just get fucking lost out there and take a trillion goddamn photos.
>>
>>3039566
lens distortion from shooting wide as fuck.

A very easy fix in lightroom bb. go to "lens correction - distortion"
>>
>>3042398
Nobody uses manual outside a studio.
>>
>>3035433
>I didnt read the EXIF

He needs to check his diopter or realize he has fucked up vision
>>
How do i get into photography as a hobby?

I've got an old mamiya msx 1000 that i saved from being sent to a dump and i'd like to learn how to use but i don't really have any substantial knowledge about photography. Anywhere to go to learn some basics and start taking good pictures and having fun?
>>
File: long-exposure-photography-47.jpg (314KB, 2880x1798px) Image search: [Google]
long-exposure-photography-47.jpg
314KB, 2880x1798px
What settings would you need to get a photo with star trails like this?
>>
>>3043640

Leave the shutter open for at least twenty minutes to an hour.
>>
>>3043642
Thanks. I won't need to do heavy editing? ISO 100, f8 with a remote?
>>
>>3043644

ISO 100 might be a little low, it might not be. Depends on how much light there is.
>>
>>3043650
Great, thanks! Just need the clouds to clear up now.
>>
I've got a Mamiya 645 with a prism finder. The finder has a split circle that's used to get accurate focus. I know how to use it but still find it really difficult to focus quickly, esp. wide open (f/ 2.8) and in low light situations.
Would a wlf be better or is there anything aside from stopping down and guesstimating the focus, to find it quicker?
>>
>>3043650
>f/8
if ISO 100 is low then open the aperture further
>>
>>3043687
You have Mamiya 645, if you wanted to make quick pictures you'd have gotten another camera, LF is for patient people.
>>
>>3028566
What does "slide film" mean? As in good photographers "slide film"?
>>
>>3043729

"good" has nothing to do with slide film. i see you got memed in the post-processing thread.

slide film is just film that, when developed, results in a positive image (as opposed to a negative). "slide film" is just a nickname for reversal film. it's called "slide film" because the finished diapositives are usually cut and inserted into little plastic frames so that they can be inserted into a projector, which mechanically slides one frame after another. slide film was very popular with tourists and basically became synonymous with vacation photos, since it was very easy to project a tiny little photo into a wall-sized image that you could admire from a couch.

it has less latitude than print film, usually around 5-7 stops, but it has bright colors, more contrast, and sharper grain. it's basically impossible to print straight from the slide anymore because it requires a destructive dye process that is no longer made. that's alright, because it's easy as hell to scan, compared to negative film. it's not better or worse than negative film, just different. the idiot in the other thread was saying that it takes skill to shoot slide film because it has a fixed white balance and limited dynamic range, just like jpeg. i personally think it's easy mode, since they are such purpose-built films that you can pick the look you want by choosing your film.
>>
>>3043874
Easy when you have a good matrix metering camera.
>>
How can I make a self portrait sharp like pic related with a manual focus fast prime?

I don't have a tripod.

I have a cable release.

I have a flash

nikon f3 or d3400 + 50mm 1.4
>>
File: Steve+Mccurry+selfPortrait.jpg (111KB, 434x640px) Image search: [Google]
Steve+Mccurry+selfPortrait.jpg
111KB, 434x640px
>>3044013
The pic related.
>>
>>3044013

Is it really that impossible to get someone else to take the picture for you?
>>
>>3044013
since you're using a tripod, mark where you'll be with tape on the floor or something, focus to that point then take the picture

wow so simple if you use your brain for half a sec
>>
just bought a 1200d.

looking at getting a cheap ebay remote and tripod.

remote wise, will something like this do? will it fit/connect.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Timer-Shutter-Remote-Cable-for-Canon-EOS-60D-70D-600D-650D-700D-750D-760D-1200D-/371315625140?hash=item567422ccb4:g:zQAAAOSwEeFU~WEZ

tripod wise, this is for night time star photography, do i need a full size tripod or would a mini do the job?
>>
>>3044017
the guy said he doesn't have a tripod
>>
>>3044015
It defeats the purpose of being a self portrait.

>>3044017
It's not that simple with a 1.4 lens. I though about using a string atached to the camera to mesure the distance from my eyes to the lens and use the self timer.
>>
>>3044018
You can get them cheaper on dx.com

Pick one with timelapse function.
>>
how many time can I let a new film in a camera, I mean for example: yesterday I shoot some photos, but I still have like 15 pictures left in the roll and I want to shoot them tomorrow
>>
>>3042290
Yeah

All the good photogs/memers here use one
>>
>>3043874
Thanks homie. Respect.
>>
>>30 what is ur fetishes?
>>
If I developed film taken 30-40 years ago would it look OK?
>>
>>3041808
>>
What's the difference between a mirrorless camera and dslr?
>>
>>3044085
Decades if don't live in a shit country or Florida.

>>3044458
Probably, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I4o_afITKg

>>3044503
The mirror, duh
>>
Exposure compensation dial?

I understand the relationship between shutter speed, aperture, and iso, but where does the exposure compensation dial play in that?

wouldn't lowering or bumping up the iso do the same exact thing as using the exposure comp dial? does the expo comp dial just tighten the picture
without affecting the grain and sensitivity of the selected iso?

any help would be greatly appreciated
>>
Ok so i bought a 49mm nd filter and i have 2 lenses that im gona use it on, one of them is 49mm and the other is 46 so what kind of step down ring would i need, im guessing 49 to 46 but im just not sure. Ive never had any experience with any of this. Thanks in advance.
>>
I bought a CPL filter but it's not eliminating reflections on glass. Wtf /p/
>>
>>3045627

in daylight**
>>
>>3028566
I have a few landscape picture that need to be framed before presenting in class. What kind of frame is the best? should I go with a black thick frame with a little bit of white border around the image itself?
>>
Anyone know a good android app I could use to view and manage photos on an external had?
I want to start taking my tablet out with me instead of my laptop when going out to take pictures.
>>
File: 2016-05-15 PART 2 018.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-15 PART 2 018.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Is Canon Powershot G9X a solid choice for a pocket camera?

Looking to upgrade from using my iphone camera.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 5s
Camera Software9.2.1
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)55 mm
Image Created2016:05:15 12:35:21
Exposure Time1/1786 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
ISO Speed Rating32
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness10.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length4.15 mm
Image Width2448
Image Height2448
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Digital Zoom Ratio1.4
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.